G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Baby seat...how are the leather seats holding up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
My 2 y/o son is damn tall to be sitting on sides. If he sat on the sides, his legs wouldn't be able to move as easily because the child seats are so big. I can't wait till he can use a booster. He loves sitting the middle though and I let him climb in and out which is better on my back

Placing the seat in the middle is almost mandatory unless you're short because child seats take up so much room. I'm 6' 2" and my wife is 5' 8" and when my son's seat (same one as now) was rear facing, it was touching the inner sides of the front seats.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya the car seat(front facing) we have is pretty big and my son feet touch the front seats........I want a booster but have you ever seen a kid asleep in a booster seat?......And my son always decides to crash while were driving.........

Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I got the britax boulevard rear facing. I'll try to take some pictures for you today. This is probably one of those bigger car seats but one of the safest ones. It's set in the middle which is the recommanded position for a baby seat if you only have one.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mikee - yeah..I didn't own my G when I had my 1st child, but then when he outgrew the infant seat & put him in the larger seat, I moved it to the side.

Ttrank - you have the ride that you do & have a Recaro seat for your kid, but you use a towel!? Go spend $40 and buy a nice protector like we have....

Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
My $0.02 (with a 2000 Land Cruiser )...the Prince Lionheart works well when you only have one child seat. I tried with the Britax Marathon and an infant carrier, but the bottom plates of the two Lionhearts bumped up against each other which made it impossible to install properly. I also went for the Eddie Bauer-Target protector for the second seat and the seat back protector:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...M&frombrowse=1

Btw, stuff a little hand towel or something in the area where the seat belt latches are so cheerios and crumbs don't get in there/easier to vacuum.

Congrats on the soon-to-arrive baby

Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
The Boulevard is huge....but looks comfortable for my kid - has side impact protection and extra padding. The Lionheart mats are huge too....covers all the seat belt latches and encroaches on the other seats when placed in the middle. Oh well...good for protection though! NOt bad for $20.

When I had the rear facing Peg Perego new born seat in the middle, the back of it would hit my seatbacks when the exit exist would go on. It sucked...but what can you do? Now my daughter's feet kick the insides of my front seats. My friend's son is 4 yrs old and he kicked the heck out of the driver's seat - so he moved him to behind the passenger

Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g35Dude
Hey I got the britax boulevard rear facing. I'll try to take some pictures for you today. This is probably one of those bigger car seats but one of the safest ones. It's set in the middle which is the recommanded position for a baby seat if you only have one.
Thanks dude...

I am debating on whether to get Britax or Eddie Bauer Seat 3 in 1's. The Britax does have alot of cushion but it's about $100 bucks more though. When it's in the rear facing position, you can just snap it out and take your kid on the go? Or you can't do that?

Last edited by mikeee2; 02-01-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Coreman
My $0.02 (with a 2000 Land Cruiser )...the Prince Lionheart works well when you only have one child seat. I tried with the Britax Marathon and an infant carrier, but the bottom plates of the two Lionhearts bumped up against each other which made it impossible to install properly. I also went for the Eddie Bauer-Target protector for the second seat and the seat back protector:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...M&frombrowse=1

Btw, stuff a little hand towel or something in the area where the seat belt latches are so cheerios and crumbs don't get in there/easier to vacuum.

Congrats on the soon-to-arrive baby
Seat back protector...nice .Looks like an apron.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Yes they are in Canada Bobby, heck not long now for the arrival of your Daughter. Must be excited.

Shane they are part of Toys r us.
Here is the Canadian website : http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...langId=-1&N=27

Here is that seat Protector: http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...9835&nvalue=24
Thanks Wayne. I'll definitely be getting one of those.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I am just using towel and it works well.
When I have 1 kid, the rear facing seat can use the 2 center anchors. It would be safer to use the center seat belt as well because it will flip. The best way is to use to outer anchors but then it obstructs the passengers.
When I change to the Britax Marathon fwd facing seat, I use the center lower anchors and the center top tether. It won't move.
Now I have 2 kids and with 2 baby seats, there is no room for the center passenger.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry for the phone camera image but I thought we only have latches on the sides? I just realized we have latches in the middle too.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Not to hijack my own thread but now that we are talking about seats, the front seats have always been softer than the rear seat from day 1. I know the seats are different but I like the stiffer seats in the back. It just feels more comfortable.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by kailep
I am just using towel and it works well.
When I have 1 kid, the rear facing seat can use the 2 center anchors. It would be safer to use the center seat belt as well because it will flip. The best way is to use to outer anchors but then it obstructs the passengers.
When I change to the Britax Marathon fwd facing seat, I use the center lower anchors and the center top tether. It won't move.
Now I have 2 kids and with 2 baby seats, there is no room for the center passenger.
You're not supposed to use the LATCH anchors for the center seat (and definitely not the outer anchors for a center seat...they are only designed for the outer seats. Plus, you're not supposed to use both LATCH and the seatbelts - that's dangerous for dispersion of energy.

If the rear seat had the potential to flip, I would double-check the placement, angle, etc. You may have tightened it too much, lifting it off the seat.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Not to hijack my own thread but now that we are talking about seats, the front seats have always been softer than the rear seat from day 1. I know the seats are different but I like the stiffer seats in the back. It just feels more comfortable.
All of the passenger seats seem harder than the driver's seat from day one for me. Especially now that I've worn the driver's seat down, whenever I ride in the front passenger seat, I feel like I'm sitting a foot higher - plus I slide around much easier during simple cornering. Guess I shouldn't let the wife drive

Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Sorry for the phone camera image but I thought we only have latches on the sides? I just realized we have latches in the middle too.
Yup the center one is slightly offset to the side.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby seat...how are the leather seats holding up?