G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Baby seat...how are the leather seats holding up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Baby seat...how are the leather seats holding up?

Hi all,

I will be expecting my 1st child (girl) in March and just wanted to get some heads up tips regarding baby seat.

Where do you guys place the baby seat? In the middle or the side? Also, the seat latches, are they for newborn? (maybe I should read the manual...)

I also bought this to protect the leather seats and I believed a few people on the forum have them. How are they holding up?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mikee,

Hey man...I have the exact same seat protectors for my rear seat. They work great....really help distribute the pressure from the car seat base and/or car seat.

With my 1st child, I put the car seat base in the center (harder to get the child in & out of), but safer IMO (in the event of a side impact...they're safest in the middle). I now just had my 2nd child come into this world 4 months ago....so now I have one on each SIDE (no room really in the middle any more).

As for the seat latches, those are for most all car seats, but I believe our cars only have them for the two sides and not for the center. They truly do help you get the best tension in the car seat so it sits snug with zero play....maybe you can use one from each side if you use the center...I think that will work well for ya.

Good luck, congrats on the baby & welcome to the club! You'll love it.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually put a towel on top of the seat and then the baby seat. Cars leather is great. No problems.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW - I just saw your sig....are you selling shocks/struts too?...or just the springs? I'm in the market for that exact setup right now & am searching around on this forum & my350z for a good deal....maybe I can take those off your hands....

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One booster, one car seat here. I try to take them out once a month to clean them out and to make sure they are tight. I have one of those generic babyseat protectors from babies r us. Yours looks a lot better.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Mikee,

Hey man...I have the exact same seat protectors for my rear seat. They work great....really help distribute the pressure from the car seat base and/or car seat.

With my 1st child, I put the car seat base in the center (harder to get the child in & out of), but safer IMO (in the event of a side impact...they're safest in the middle). I now just had my 2nd child come into this world 4 months ago....so now I have one on each SIDE (no room really in the middle any more).

As for the seat latches, those are for most all car seats, but I believe our cars only have them for the two sides and not for the center. They truly do help you get the best tension in the car seat so it sits snug with zero play....maybe you can use one from each side if you use the center...I think that will work well for ya.

Thanks...

Yeah, that's what I thought too about the latches. I think there are only latches on the two sides. How did you secure the 1st child in the middle? So you use one seat belt from each latch? Or you didn't have your G when you had your first child?

Last edited by mikeee2; 01-31-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Mikee,

I am also expecting my first child in a couple of weeks. Can you tell me where you purhcased your seat protector?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
BTW - I just saw your sig....are you selling shocks/struts too?...or just the springs? I'm in the market for that exact setup right now & am searching around on this forum & my350z for a good deal....maybe I can take those off your hands....
only springs...

Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I am also expecting my first child in a couple of weeks. Can you tell me where you purhcased your seat protector?
Babies R Us...not sure if they have it in Canada

Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Babies R Us...not sure if they have it in Canada
Yes they are in Canada Bobby, heck not long now for the arrival of your Daughter. Must be excited.

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Shane they are part of Toys r us.
Here is the Canadian website : http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...langId=-1&N=27

Here is that seat Protector: http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...9835&nvalue=24

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-31-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Yes they are in Canada Bobby, heck not long now for the arrival of your Daughter. Must be excited.
Wayne...oh didn't know it's in Canada also.

Yeah...due date for now is March 12th. Very excited to meet my baby girl.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Augy
I usually put a towel on top of the seat and then the baby seat. Cars leather is great. No problems.

+1

I use a towel on mine.

Just moved up to a Recaro booster seat. My daughter gets to have a Recaro seat but I don't.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Wayne...oh didn't know it's in Canada also.

Yeah...due date for now is March 12th. Very excited to meet my baby girl.
That looks like a great idea for the baby seat in the car. I'm thinking of picking one up for use when we have our Grandaughter with us.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Put the seat on the side. It'd be safer to have it properly secured using the LATCH anchors, than to have it inproperly secured but in the middle of the car.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
There are LATCH anchors for the middle. It's how my baby seat is attached

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby seat...how are the leather seats holding up?