G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wiper not being smooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007 | 07:19 PM
|
Wiper not being smooth

Anyone got the same problem?

when my wipers are on intermediate setting will get clog up just before it closes. like something it stops violently then hides itself under the windshield. but after a few run, it goes back to normal, closing itself smoothly. it doesnt have the same problem with higher speed setting.

I'm not sure if the dealer would check it out or not. cuz the car is out of warranty. and i bet they wanna charge me like 500 bux to get new wiper motors etc to get it fix....

i've try taking it apart and see if there are any problems, and replaced wiper blades, but still happens once in a while.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:58 AM
same sh*t is happing to me

Old 02-16-2007 | 09:34 AM
Same thing here. Our wipers are F#@# Up! Went to the dealer and they replaced the motor but same s&@t. It's worse when it rain or is wet in high speed.

Old 02-16-2007 | 10:39 AM
I had the same issue. Instead I went and purchased a couple PIAA silicone blades. They are about $22 bucks each I think. With those, it doesn't really chatter much. At low speed, maybe very little but it doesn't bother me anymore. With the stock wipers, it skips all over the place.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:57 PM
Not to insult anyones intelligence, but have you guys cleaned your windshield with some type of cleaner like rainx. The reason I ask is that mine will squeak after lots of rain and dirt on my windshield have accumalated. After cleaning and application of RainX, it's good for however long it takes for it to get the usual road mud and grime.

Old 02-16-2007 | 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Not to insult anyones intelligence, but have you guys cleaned your windshield with some type of cleaner like rainx. The reason I ask is that mine will squeak after lots of rain and dirt on my windshield have accumalated. After cleaning and application of RainX, it's good for however long it takes for it to get the usual road mud and grime.
Cleaning with rainx will solve it temporarily. I believe the issue resides on the assembly/wiper combo. Of all the cars I've owned in the past, I've never used any rainx cleaner and never had wiper chattering even from the $1.99 wipers that I've used for over a year. The reason the PIAA silicone works is, when it wipes, it leaves traces of silicone or whatever the material is and makes the blades slides on it without chattering.

Old 02-16-2007 | 06:05 PM
|
its something to do with the wiper motor. cleaning my windshield does not solve the problem. maybe i can try recording a video later and post it on youtube.

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:31 AM
I've got the same problem on my 03.5. After 80000 miles, its the only thing that has gone wrong with this car. Not too bad.

I've got the PIAA silicones and they work great.
Mine only does it on intermittent setting on the downstroke. About half-way down it skips a beat and leaves a little trail of water. Never does it in continuous mode. That tells me its not the blades, motor, or the drive assy. Seems like a relay/electrical glitch somewhere in the timing circuit.

Was hoping someone had figured this out, but I guess not. I'll let you know what I find because I'm gonna fix it. Bugs the sheit out of me.

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:34 AM
Same here..

Same problem here...hope there's a fix for it...

Scorcher

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:42 AM
I cleaned mine and you should have seen the stuff that came off of it. My wipers dont give me any skips or chatters and with new blades my glass wipes clean like the the first day of rain with the G.
Originally Posted by gtbigup01

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:58 AM
Had the same problem...new wiper motor for me.....

Funny, I posted about this problem back in October 06 and no one responded, so I thought I was the only one with the problem. My wipers would "jump" back to the rest position, but only when using the intermittant setting and not everytime either. It would have the problem for 5 minutes and then be normal again for a while and then it would happen again.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/94131-anyone-else-have-problem.html

I took it to the dealer twice. The first time they could not duplicate the problem and the second time I was able to duplicate the problem for the guy who checked me in, but again the tech could not duplicate the problem. They ended up replacing the wiper motor, fortunately I am still under warranty, and have not had a problem since.

I was prepared the second time with video, albeit crappy, on my cell phone in case I could not duplicate the problem, but I did not have to use it.

Last edited by budzync; 03-02-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 03-03-2007 | 01:18 AM
The only problems I have is that I dont believe the spring that pulls the arm onto the glass is strong enough, and the wipers lift very easily at high speeds or with a lot of water...

Old 03-04-2007 | 12:07 PM
I have this problem too. I am about to bring in to the dealer and see what they say.

Old 03-05-2007 | 08:17 PM
OK. I feel pretty idiotic, but glad its an easy fix. Tree sap. I'll say no more

Old 03-06-2007 | 02:15 PM
I have the same issue...plus the wiper fluid hose on the Driver side is broken. So I am still here waiting for them to get the parts so I can take it in. I strongly believe that the springs that keeps them flat on the glass is not strong enough, as someone else noted above.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wiper not being smooth