G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How did it happen to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was the design engineer for the Infinity north american international auto show when they were released...fell in love when I saw it in the clean room at GPJCO!..

Old 02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I've always owned Infiniti Nissan decided to move on from my 02 Maxima I enjoyed the performance of the 3.5L engine but wanted a RWD sedan it was a no brainer... G35! I wanted to stay at or below 30K found a lightly used 04 G35 sedan with the NISMO kit with 11K miles on it for 25K on eBay bid long and hard and lost the auction. The next day there was a 2005 same color but with all the upgrades and the Sports Package and I won that auction for just 29,600 the car had 300 miles on it and the rest is history.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I have had 3 previous Nissans, two trucks and a turbo charged SE-R (317 hp at wheels). Was driving a custom F150 Lariat. Decided it was time for a change. Wanted a rr drive car. Looked at Audi, BMW, Boxster and G. Didn't really see anything I wanted/ needed. Was going to go on a Saturday morning and trade for a Supper Duty Diesel, stopped at Infiniti dealer on way home from dinner Friday night. Drove my (now) 04, they offered a decent trade-in and negotiated an awsome price. Signed the papers and picked it the next morning. Never looked back. Of course it has cost me some money, in 6 months I have done a BBK, have a NISMO kit coming, ground wire kit in the basement, and will be buying 350z tracks wheels tomorrow.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Like many have noted, I wanted a RWD car with some cajones and the ability to handle some uhhh, "spirited" driving. After some research, it came down to what I felt offered the best bang for the buck. Located a deal on an '05 DG 5AT in Phoenix. Had never even sat in a G before I bought this baby...and I had a 1,170 mile drive ahead of me. First time I pulled up to a gas pump, I looked kinda goofy scratching my head trying to figure out how to open the gas filler door...luckily, I just happened to push on the edge of the door during my struggle to figure out how to open it and then quickly tried to look cool as I inserted the gas nozzle! It has been a blast, up until the weather turned nasty and I decided to keep her tied down in the garage while I drive "the-van-that-just-refuses-to-die"... a '92 Previa with 203k miles. Can't wait for decent weather to return!
Oh, I almost forgot, the best part is the wife hates the car. "Why would you buy something that rides this rough", she said after driving it about 2 miles! She likes her Sienna van!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
In late 2003, I was looking at the then new Acura TSX (the new TL was not out yet.) Nice car..small but it had the manual I wanted. In speaking to the salesman, they were unwilling to move one inch on the price...it was MSRP and you have to wait for one to come in.
My wife and I left and then on the way home I saw a G35 past us. My mind starting thinking. Went to the Infiniti dealer and drove a 6MT. When I got on it an onramp and hit 80 mph before getting to the highway itself...I was hooked.
Returned to dealer and struck a deal right then. Got 8% off MSRP without much trouble at all. But I wanted the 6MT, so it had to be ordered.
I have had it now for almost 42 months and still enjoy everytime I run through the gears.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Hope you took it by the Acrua dealer and thumbed your nose at him!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
After totalling my 2004 accord ex sedan, 6 mos after I bought it, hit and run, I decided to wait till after I finished school since I wanted a nice car, over 30K sedan. I drove a 1989 Volvo 740 turbo wagon, (has some cajones) for 2 yrs and one month before I graduated med school walked into an infiniti dealership just to check things out. I drove the G and the M both x's, fell in love with the M, but another 12 grand i can't justify just yet, maybe after residency. Went back and got a great deal on the G, below invoice and 1.9 finance.... been loving it ever since, about 28 more months until time for an M35x or higher... till then i love passing ppl doing 80-100 on the way to work every morning, makes me ready for my workday

Old 02-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bugsdad

Ok so what is your story? How did you become G crazy?
Have been a Nissan owner for about seven years (Maximas). Knew this time I wanted RWD and more HP, so looked seriously at IS350, EVO IX (AWD), and G35 Coupe. While I was waiting for them to bring the coupe up front, the sales guys says "hey, we have an '07 sedan, why don't you take it out while you're waiting". So drove it, and nothing else had much of a chance after that, especially for the money. 6MT coupe was a close second.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Me and my dad were lookign for a gs300 at a lexus dealership and wernt very happy with the results but RIGHt next door was an infiniti dealership and they had a gs sitting there too so we walked over and started looking at the gs but i glanced over and saw a pearl white 2004 g35 sedan...just glistening...i walked over to it and looked at all the things it came with and everything severly outweighed my other potential buys..the price was right and we went for it...im so happy with it

Old 02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had an '00 GT eclipse I wanted to trade in on a four door car. One day we test drove an EVO 8. I kinda liked it but the wife was not impressed plus the sales guy was pissed that we took a car out that had 4Miles on it and then didn't buy it. we told them to **** off and we walked ove to the infiniti dealer where we test drove our G35. the sales guy was giving me an earful how rare this G was with the 6MT/Nav/premium/XM/Nismo body kit. I was like ya ya whatever. went home and did some research and found out that in fact it was pretty rare so we went back the next day and bought it.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Hope you took it by the Acrua dealer and thumbed your nose at him!
Oh yeah I did! Went back the week I picked up the G. Went to the saleman ..think he thought I back back to buy the TSX and showed him the shiny G in the parking lot right out front. Even talked to his manager and told them I gladly paid almost $4,000 more and how they missed out on my sale.
Best part was that my G had a couple looking at it when I went back outside. They were there to look at a TL and I told them how happy I was to buy the G. Think I put a thought in their head!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CardsDG6MT
Oh yeah I did! Went back the week I picked up the G. Went to the saleman ..think he thought I back back to buy the TSX and showed him the shiny G in the parking lot right out front. Even talked to his manager and told them I gladly paid almost $4,000 more and how they missed out on my sale.
Best part was that my G had a couple looking at it when I went back outside. They were there to look at a TL and I told them how happy I was to buy the G. Think I put a thought in their head!
Funny thing is, I did the same thing to an Infiniti dealer that tried to burn me. I negotiated an out the door price on an 03 and when I went to sign, the price was well above my out the door. So, I was out the door. A couple of days later I found my deal on an 06 . Went back to show them I was for real.