G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So I found me this 8-speed Skyline in my garage today. Thought I'd take a few pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
hm..i have never heard of this..? Lets see some pictures of the paddle shifters. Also a picture of it in 8th gear.

-sean

Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
If the 8 speed is true, i want one shipped to the US and installed in my car. Then i want the same gearing put in my car as it is now and see if i can get it to 200+ MPH....then the car will prolly blow up.

-sean

Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Very nice. What color is that? That's different than the Blue we have here in the states? I like it.

Cheers

Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerDad
Would you be kind enough to post another pic that shows off those window vents a bit more? I'd like to get a better view of them.

Thanks

tD

There you go. If anybody wants them, make me an offer. They are coming off as soon as I can figure out a way to remove the superglue they are stuck on with without damaging something.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Grumpy_G
I have two small picture request.

1. Under hood picture. Particularly looking straight down, right behind the radiator. On the US. model, there's an empty spot where something can be mounted. Wondering if it only apply to foreign market.

2. Rear Differential. I believe Australian model have a finned differential housing, where US. gets the plain one. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance.
BTW, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
Not sure if this is what you want. Yeah there does seam to be something missing just behind the intake.

Diff both front and back.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Folded Mirrors

Seat Controls

Seats

Engine Bay

Paddles

Old 02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
Sweet ride not to sure about the wood grain! lol its tight thou I would deal with it!
Was skeptical about the plastic woodgrain too when I first saw the pics. But now that I have it, I love it. It gives the car that, "My owner is too cheap to get a beemer but this is the best we can do for now" look

Another reason why I like it is that the finish is smooth and hard so it doesn't scratch anywhere near as easy as the titanium finish round the rest of the console.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned
i dont care what u all sayyy

but take that skyline badge off NOW

Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Yes the car does have TV hooked up, but Navigation and TV don't work out of Japan. Don't really care about the navigation, but very interested in getting the TV to work(just cause it's there). At the moment all I see is static I've been told cause Japan has their channels on different frequencies. I've pulled apart the dash and found a small tuner box that is wired into the NAV system. It is all OEM.

If anyone can help me with the technicalities of this, please PM me. Cheers!

Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselX
I like that the speedo goes to 180. I don't like the digital clock.
But, that is in KM, way slower than our speedos. Ours goes to 260km.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
But, that is in KM, way slower than our speedos. Ours goes to 260km.
180km/h as nearly all JDM cars are speed limited to 180km/h

Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wink
180km/h as nearly all JDM cars are speed limited to 180km/h
I know, I used to live there. They also make this anoyying sound when you go above 110ish km. That's an easy fix though .
I know with the old skylines you could get a 280 or 320km kit. Wonder if you can get it for the 03+ models.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 PM
ok, first question! Where in the hell do i get thoser folding mirrors!?!?! those are extremely badasss! Second, how do i get my hands on the 8 speed tranny. What other mods would i have to do to my car to have it support that transmission? hmmm.....

-sean

Old 02-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
I know, I used to live there. They also make this anoyying sound when you go above 110ish km. That's an easy fix though .
I know with the old skylines you could get a 280 or 320km kit. Wonder if you can get it for the 03+ models.
First item on the interior list:
http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/prod.../interior.html

Old 02-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
i want to see that thign on a track w/ a 8 speed tranny
Should be going down the quartermile in a few weeks. Will report back. Been reading you guys get about 14.5's average on the auto's?

Originally Posted by Nismo G
hm..i have never heard of this..? Lets see some pictures of the paddle shifters. Also a picture of it in 8th gear.

-sean
When I remember. You need to do about 80km/h before it will let you shift to 8th. It still is wierd seeing 8 on the dash.

Originally Posted by Nismo G
If the 8 speed is true, i want one shipped to the US and installed in my car. Then i want the same gearing put in my car as it is now and see if i can get it to 200+ MPH....then the car will prolly blow up.

-sean

Good luck with that.
It does cruise quite easily at higher than normal speeds.
I will say that the car does not launch well at all, seems to bog down for some reason, even in manual mode(yes vdc is off), but after you are cruising in 5th, drop it down to second and the car is scarily quick. I've driven a number of quick cars previously, but this is definitely up there. Of course this is all seat of the pants and I'll try to justify the feel with some numbers soon. The thing I like most about the engine/trans package is that at no point does it scream like its reaching it's limits. It just purrs whatever I throw at it like it's normal and it's like there is heaps in reserve.

Last edited by -= SKiZO =-; 02-20-2007 at 12:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So I found me this 8-speed Skyline in my garage today. Thought I'd take a few pics...