G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Side Markers- Mod to make them blink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Side Markers- Mod to make them blink

Okay Gotchaa. But why are some saying it's G/W on the passenger side?

Old 12-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The color of the wires IS NOT CONSISTENT. Your best bet is to feel the wires coming out of the turn signal bulb. You want to splice into the "striped" one.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 12-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK folks. Here's the deal. I did mine today on my 03.5 sedan, and found why there is a discrepency. Coming directly out of the turn signal, the wire you want to tap is green with a yellow stripe on BOTH sides. However, if you want to tap AFTER the harness, the wire changes to green with a white stripe on the driver's side, and purple on the passenger's side. I chose to tap into the Green/yellow wire on both sides, because I figured it is cheaper to replace that section of wire vs the section after the harness if something ever went wrong (not that it would). The only down side to tapping into the green/yellow wire is that if for some reason you ever have to change out your headlight, they usually replace everything, including the wiring harnesses, and your tap would interfere with that. Either way, it is not a big deal. The green/yellow wire is easier to access in my opinion, and there is more slack in it as well. It worked very well, and is truly worth more than the $5 it cost in parts. Much more safety, and it looks cool too (especially when the lights are on).

'03.5 Brilliant Silver AT Sedan
Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals
Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5 two-way alarm

Old 12-14-2003, 09:49 AM

khsonic03,

How do you know they replace the wiring harness with the headlight? Is it because it's all one piece?

Old 12-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No. It is not one piece. It's just that when a dealership replaces a headlight for warranty reasons, it usually comes with the wiring harnesses already attatched. I have had headlights and taillights replaced on a few of my vehicles in the past, and they all come like this. I am assuming Infiniti is the same way. But if you wanted to, you could leave your wiring harness and just replace the light housing (lens).

'03.5 Brilliant Silver AT Sedan
Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals
Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5 two-way alarm

Old 12-15-2003, 01:25 AM

Just did mine today, too. Took me about an hour, though I ran into some trouble w/ the wire taps. Just make sure your tap gets through to both wires. I had to do one side twice because my tap didn't cut through to the green and yellow wire. (Green and yellow on both the passenger and driver side, btw...2003.0 Sedan).

A really easy mod for us non-techies...looks sharp too!

- NICNoobie

2003.0 Brilliant Silver Sedan
Graphite Leather
Premium Package
Clear Corners

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 01-02-2004, 06:08 PM

Well... I finally got off my **** and did this mod today. I also replaced the high/fog and the clearance lights with PIAA Extreme Whites at the same time. I'm very happy with the results. It's amazing how the small things matter so much.

I started on the passenger side first. Took about 2 hours with a couple interruptions. Then the drivers side which took about 45 minutes. I did take my wheels off. I don't know how some of you are doing it with them on. I also ended up using an extension on the passenger side but not on the drivers side.

Yes, the wire is green with a yellow strip coming out of the turn signal and purple and white after the wiring harness on the passenger side. I tapped into the purple/white wire. On the drivers side, it's green and yellow before and after the harness. I tapped into the green/yellow before the wiring harness.

I want to thank all those that helped make this mod possible.

Old 01-02-2004, 07:04 PM

How to avoid being a dumbass by Sonofsnood

1. Do not remove the wheel well lining completely, it will be a PITA to reassemble, just remove the clips and screw for the main piece and then forcibly bend out of the way, there's plenty of room to work in there.
2. Make sure you know which end of black wire you're going to use for the tap, if you're a dumbass like me, you'll cut it incorrectly making it too short.
3. make sure you push the metal tap all the way down and not halfway because the insulation may be hard to cut into, esp if it's 30 deg. F outside.
4. Test that it works before you reassemble the wheel well lining, yes, I know, common sense, but as you can tell, I have none which is why I was punished by the Infiniti Gods...

So in conclusion, I removed the wheels, took me 1.5 hours to do first side, 10 mins to do the other side.

2003.5 Brill. Silver/Willow 6MT sedan, Premium/Winter/Navigation

Old 01-10-2004, 05:22 PM

This is a great mod. If all the mods were this easy, I would mod the heck out of my car. I love how it looks. It took me about an hour and a half (oh wait, less than that because part of that time was making lunch for my boys).

Thanks again g35 for making this possible.