Is my car sirus ready?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Jum
Florida G35 Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my car sirus ready?

I have a 06 Sedan without prem and no nav, what do i need to have sirus radio in my car?

Old 03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Xer
Car should be pre-wired in the trunk, under the trunk lid behind an insulation you will find the wire from the head unit. Very easy install. If you have not purchased yet consider the factory head unit does not diplay the name of the channel. artist or song. I actually went with the "replay", the only issue is that to get really good sound quality the install is more difficult than the factory unit(using the radio frequancy function is very easy but the transmision is not as clear as a hard wire which I plan on in the spring. Either way sirius is a sweet add on if you are in the car alot! If you do a search you can probably geta visual on the wiring harness location in the trunk.Good luck

Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xer
Car should be pre-wired in the trunk, under the trunk lid behind an insulation you will find the wire from the head unit. Very easy install. If you have not purchased yet consider the factory head unit does not diplay the name of the channel. artist or song. I actually went with the "replay", the only issue is that to get really good sound quality the install is more difficult than the factory unit(using the radio frequancy function is very easy but the transmision is not as clear as a hard wire which I plan on in the spring. Either way sirius is a sweet add on if you are in the car alot! If you do a search you can probably geta visual on the wiring harness location in the trunk.Good luck
Just to let you know it does display the channel name, artist or song name on the screen but it will only do one at a time you have to hit the display button on your HU to get it to switch between. That is the only problem that I don't like with mine. Other then that I love it I have to subscriptions one for my car and I also have a reply in my work truck that I love to.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Just to let you know it does display the channel name, artist or song name on the screen but it will only do one at a time you have to hit the display button on your HU to get it to switch between. That is the only problem that I don't like with mine. Other then that I love it I have to subscriptions one for my car and I also have a reply in my work truck that I love to.
+1 Yeah, I wish it automatically scrolled thru the artist & name without having to hit the button. I've had SIRIUS for 11 months now, and I didn't discover this until a few months ago .

Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Xer
I am not positive, because I went to the Replay, the loaners that I have driven have not scrolled(I think I tried all buttons based on post I have read previously). Also if you have premium cars(bose) vs. Infinity HU's that may make a difference?????