G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Valet Parking? Think again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Deezflip
Anyone seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off? ..the two parking attendants?
that was great!

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by kvangil
Sure it wasn't just your VDC to reduce the wheel spin from gunning it?
the prelude didnt have VDC it had some other form of traction control damn my mind is going with my growing years ATTESA maybe... think it went about it differently then VDC... where VDC will drop the power to the slipping wheel or apply the brakes... ATTESA (or whatever it was called) applied more power to the wheel with the most traction and reducted it to the slipping wheel.

ppp

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:49 PM
i got alot of buddies that valet cars... that is the mian reason why i do not EVER valet my car...

Old 04-23-2007 | 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by GM1964
Valet parked my 06' about a block away. A buddy of mine who was leaving the restaurant told me that the kid who was bringing back my car was pretty much pushing the hell out of it - on a cold engine!

Just wondering, how bad is this for the vehicle?
Water temp. was at about a bar and a half when the car got to me.

Thanks in advance.
not good for engine, but not gonna kill the VQ.
valet people do MUCH more than that. flooring your car is a given, im not even worried about that.
Im worried about smoking in it, taking it out for long spins, hits, scratches, people getting "happy endings" in it.... etc.
a couple of my buddies are valet in very prestigious hotels in OC and they tell me stories all the time man

Old 04-23-2007 | 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
the prelude didnt have VDC it had some other form of traction control damn my mind is going with my growing years ATTESA maybe... think it went about it differently then VDC... where VDC will drop the power to the slipping wheel or apply the brakes... ATTESA (or whatever it was called) applied more power to the wheel with the most traction and reducted it to the slipping wheel.

ppp
Preludes never came with any form of "traction control" 5gen SH models came with ATTS, which applies more torque to the outside wheel in a turn to limit understeer and have the car perform more like a RWD car, but that isn't controlled by wheel spin and doesn't do squat in a emergency situation

Old 04-23-2007 | 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Preludes never came with any form of "traction control" 5gen SH models came with ATTS, which applies more torque to the outside wheel in a turn to limit understeer and have the car perform more like a RWD car, but that isn't controlled by wheel spin and doesn't do squat in a emergency situation
perfect thanks man !

and mine was a 1997 red one as well

damn nice car... wish they kept making the prelude line ((((

ppp

Old 04-23-2007 | 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants

ppp
oh--thought you were talking about your G originally...

Old 04-23-2007 | 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by mantisG35
not good for engine, but not gonna kill the VQ.
valet people do MUCH more than that. flooring your car is a given, im not even worried about that.
Im worried about smoking in it, taking it out for long spins, hits, scratches, people getting "happy endings" in it.... etc.
a couple of my buddies are valet in very prestigious hotels in OC and they tell me stories all the time man
I am not sure if it was the Ritz or the St Regis, but I was at a Nissan Dealer and they had a 350z in for a new transmission after the guy had his car valet parked by one of those hotels.

Old 04-23-2007 | 05:12 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Every time I go to Vegas I valet my car. I put my UTEC in Valet mode which cuts the boost down to 5.5psi and runs super rich. Then I always tip the drop off guy at least $5 and take note of his name. I let them know that the car has a recorder that records interior voice/sounds and rpm and to please not take it over 3k rpm. I know the recorder thing is BS but at least with the way my carl looks they second guess it.

I know it is still risky but so far, so good. I can always hear it from a distance and know if they are getting on it.

I wish we had an option like APR makes for the VW/Audi guys where you can put your car into limp mode and not take it over a certain rpm when in this mode.

Old 04-23-2007 | 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Toxa
But there are some places or events w/ valet parking only. Would you tip a guy when dropping the keys off? ))
I park where I can and walk... NEVER, NEVER valet.

Old 04-23-2007 | 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Every time I go to Vegas I valet my car. I put my UTEC in Valet mode which cuts the boost down to 5.5psi and runs super rich. Then I always tip the drop off guy at least $5 and take note of his name. I let them know that the car has a recorder that records interior voice/sounds and rpm and to please not take it over 3k rpm. I know the recorder thing is BS but at least with the way my carl looks they second guess it.

I know it is still risky but so far, so good. I can always hear it from a distance and know if they are getting on it.

I wish we had an option like APR makes for the VW/Audi guys where you can put your car into limp mode and not take it over a certain rpm when in this mode.
They are out there phucking arounf in your car - you can count on it.

Old 04-23-2007 | 08:55 PM
i let someone valet park my car and i got back in and there was some spanish music playing...

Old 04-23-2007 | 09:58 PM
eye ai ai ai aRRiba!

Old 04-23-2007 | 11:12 PM
any valet that changes all the music and goes tearring *** around in your car is a jerk, I for one very rairly have the time to even get a really good rev out of a car. The notable exeptions would be a carrera that pulled up one time they guy was basicly trying to get all the rubber off of the tires when he pulled up, we could hear him for about 1/4 mile away, I did indeed drive that car hard and it was awsome but that would be one of two times i have ever had enough distance to really get it going, haha i did take special care to make sure i was parked in a spacious corner so it didnt get scratched though.
Also and this was retarded, a cadi STS will hands down own a crysler 300 from a dig, but street racing in the customers ride isnt the norm.
You should ALWAYS tip your valet $5+ and a 10 or a 20 right when you pull up along with a special request will 9 times out of 10 get your car treated just how you want it.

Old 04-24-2007 | 01:20 AM
Valet is not an option for me, I dont trust anyone with my car. Reminds me of this one time, I was at a Spectrum in Irvine, when a valet guy crashed someones Mercedes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet Parking? Think again.