G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Valet Parking? Think again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007 | 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
I am not sure if it was the Ritz or the St Regis, but I was at a Nissan Dealer and they had a 350z in for a new transmission after the guy had his car valet parked by one of those hotels.
LOL these are exactly the hotels i was talking about!!!! that's too funny!
I've seen pix of them totalling vipers, AMG's, one guy brought his buddies to smoke pot in a Maybach, bj's in cars at st. regis!! they're horror stories what i hear man. one thing tho.. if you come often make sure you tip them!! and i really wouldnt recommend valet there

Old 04-24-2007 | 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Every time I go to Vegas I valet my car. I put my UTEC in Valet mode which cuts the boost down to 5.5psi and runs super rich. Then I always tip the drop off guy at least $5 and take note of his name. I let them know that the car has a recorder that records interior voice/sounds and rpm and to please not take it over 3k rpm. I know the recorder thing is BS but at least with the way my carl looks they second guess it.

I know it is still risky but so far, so good. I can always hear it from a distance and know if they are getting on it.

I wish we had an option like APR makes for the VW/Audi guys where you can put your car into limp mode and not take it over a certain rpm when in this mode.
but u give him $5 after he already screwed around with ur car

Old 04-24-2007 | 08:34 AM
this is soo messed up on many levels... if we must bribe the guys (in the hopes they will) to take care of our cars they beat our cars and we tell em thankyou here's another $5 bucks.

uh NO VALET... NO VALET...

so is there that many places that do NOT have customer parking ?

ppp

Old 04-24-2007 | 08:58 AM
If I'm gonna tip a guy $10-20 to not mess up my car, I might as well find a parking lot within walking distance and park it myself....I hate the places where they valet park your car, but it's parked right in front of you--where you could've parked it yourself!!

Old 04-24-2007 | 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by DC5_tony
Valet is not an option for me, I dont trust anyone with my car. Reminds me of this one time, I was at a Spectrum in Irvine, when a valet guy crashed someones Mercedes.
I don't even trust mission viejo infiniti after they backed up another car into mine.

Old 04-24-2007 | 10:18 AM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by mantisG35
but u give him $5 after he already screwed around with ur car

No I tip the guy before he ever gets in.

Old 04-24-2007 | 10:49 AM
he is STILL phucking around in your car bro...

Old 04-24-2007 | 11:05 AM
I hardly get to go to any place that Valets, because My wife and I arely go to fancy places because of the kids. the oneplace that I always velt is the at the movies because it's a night mare to find a decent spot and the stalls are very cramped for self-parking and I don't want to take the risk of getting door dings.but I already know the valets and always park the car in the first stalls and I am able to see them. they actually laugh when I pull up in my wife's XB.

Old 04-24-2007 | 11:22 AM
that's a good way to do it. i stopped the valet thing after i saw the guy trying to park my car backwards and he hit those orange cones and they got stuck under my car. i was like well i can do that too!

Old 04-24-2007 | 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
he is STILL phucking around in your car bro...
u know what... my boss or ex-boss had a cam in his car that he set to record 30 min's after he hands it to the guy.
I should install one in the back seat like he did..

Old 04-24-2007 | 03:34 PM
I have a great valet story.

First, there is a little Italian steakhouse local to me here in Michigan. Pretty upscale clientele there. I am a little chummy with the owner, and on several occasions have seen him cruising the streets near the restaurant in some FAT vehicles. He stopped to talk with me and my buddy one day and we asked him about his new car. "Not my car, I took it out of Valet Parking", he responded w/ a .

That's why I try my damndest to avoid valet...

Old 04-24-2007 | 03:58 PM
i will never valet my G

Old 04-24-2007 | 06:50 PM

It increases the chance of something happening, but if nothing has happened since, you are probably ok.

When you push a motor when it is cold, usually: oil is in bypass, and not being filtered and all fluids are cold and will reach critical areas less easily.

The only plus is that the engine is probably running really rich... which is better than lean... yeah.

I definately would have mentioned that, unless you valet there alot.

Old 04-24-2007 | 07:03 PM
I've never had a problem with valet (knock on wood). And the majority of the time I park my car on my own. But I guess if they get away with it, lucky them. Cause the liability they are going to incur is my foot up their *** if they decide to screw around with my ride. Besides...I highly doubt my sedan is that prone to a joy ride then say the coupe or a sportier looking vehicle.

Old 04-24-2007 | 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ku-Ling
I've never had a problem with valet (knock on wood).
you just dont know if you had a problem or not!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet Parking? Think again.