G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Traded in my 03 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded in my 03 Sedan

Well guys, I finally broke down and traded my 03 sedan in yesterday. I went to an 04 Coupe, DG/G combo. My sedan was an original '03 model with 28,100 miles on it. It had premium, winter, xenon, bose and the wood kit. I was able to get $25550 on it as a trade-in, so I was pretty satisfied with that. Picked out a DG/G Coupe, 5AT/18"/Aero/Premium. Sticker on it was 36050, got them to come down to 34999 but thats as far as they would budge. I think they'll dicker a little with the 5AT's... but if you're looking for a 6MT expect to pay MSRP, they are in high demand.

I pick it up on Monday, gotta get my aftermarket stereo, bulbs, grounding kit, and a few other things off my sedan before I turn it in. I'll miss you guys, come visit me in the Coupe forum!!

<font color=blue>03 BS Sedan AT - St. Louis, MO
Premium, Winter, Xenon w/Silverstar Fogs
30% Tint - Clear Corners - 5-Wire Grounding Kit
MB Quart / Eclipse Stereo
PIAA Extreme Whites - K&N Drop-In</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ncozby on 12/27/03 07:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Re: Traded in my 03 Sedan

We lost one to the other side [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]. j/k, congratulations on your new coupe. Why did you decide to get the coupe anyway? Any specific reason (didn't like the sedan)?
Don't forget your roots (sedan forum)! You'll always be one of us. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2K4 G35S 6MT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium Pkg
2K2 GS300 5AT SportDesign, Millenium Silver/Black

Old 12-27-2003, 06:06 PM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

How can u?
DARN IT - U went to the DARK SIDE of the G's j/k.
CONGRATS! Yah why did u trade it in for the coupe?
No Stick?
I'm happy with my sedan.
I'll wait another couple years before trading up to a coupe.
Not done toying around with this car yet...modified it too much already.
Post Pics!

Bobby - SF

2003.5 Sedan D.Platinum or Mist I forget
Recent mod - INJEN CAI - XM - SIRIUS - DVD/TV TUNER AV Electronice box - 10" SUB 35% Tint!

160371-onlineshowoff7.jpg

Old 12-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, when did you purchase you Sedan?

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 12-27-2003, 08:50 PM

I bought my sedan in August of 2003. At that time the coupes werent even out yet, or i probably would have went coupe.

<font color=blue>03 BS Sedan AT - St. Louis, MO
Premium, Winter, Xenon w/Silverstar Fogs
30% Tint - Clear Corners - 5-Wire Grounding Kit
MB Quart / Eclipse Stereo
PIAA Extreme Whites - K&N Drop-In</font color=blue>

Old 12-27-2003, 10:03 PM

Wait,did you mean August 2002? LOL, I hope you didn't put 28k on your car in just 4 months! When did the G come out?

Old 12-27-2003, 10:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually thinking about doing the same.
****Duck**** Quit throwing things you guys.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 12-27-2003, 10:16 PM

As long as YOU are happy with it that's all that matters. I myself am liking the coupe less and less the more I see it, and liking the sedan more and more. From certain angles the coupe looks great, but it's bad angles are Really bad. The big *** and the huge rear bumper are less and less appealing to me as time goes by. I realize that looks are HIGHLY subjective, and I don't mind that lots of folks will feel differently about it. The main thing is that YOU are happy with what You drive, and that I am happy with what I drive. : )

Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 PM

I chose the sedan because I wanted a sports sedan, someting nice, with short doors for tight parking spaces, I too prefer the lines of the sedan to the coupe! That is correct, if we all liked the same cars, it would be pretty boring on the road!

Old 12-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the "prefer sedan over coupe" group. Maybe because I'm like 45 at heart, but I think it's mostly because I've come to prefer the company of those I've met in the sedan forum and like the associations I've made. They seem more on my level (be it a good thing or bad). I also like the idea of a sleeper, sexy sedan over a car that's just saying "try and race me". I'd rather surprise another auto-maker's coupe with my sedan's ability than just try to weigh in the same category. But that's just my opinion after a few glasses of wine [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 12-27-2003, 11:19 PM

ncozby, great decision. You'll feel like at home in the coupe section . It's about time you left these folks in the sedan forum j/k . I am sure you'll be missed in the sedan forum. Their loss is our gain .
GeoBau, have you ever considered the evo or the SRT-4 as your sleeper car . No offense, I am just picking on you, bro.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Haha... no. Not even a consideration [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]. I used to drive a SHO, so I knew a good "sleeper". The G looks a lot nicer and faster, but if I were going to get a coupe I'd just get a Z... If I'm going coupe, I might as well go all the way and not split hairs. Before you dog me for it (Oooh, I used a ghetto term! go me!), I've driven the Z extensively (one in the bloodline), and we've got 8 cars in the garage, so the coupe would be solely for the fun of a coupe. Not my daily driver. Not my bad-weather car. Not my "I need to arrive in a nice car to this even" car. The G sedan, however, is a different decision-- it gives me my sporty yet common-sense car. But only for me. Everyone has their own opinions and makes their own decisions. I know a lot of people want luxury with performance in a coupe, so that's cool. If I wanted a coupe, I'd open my budget quite a bit more and get a true coupe (not 2+2) and treat it as such. As it is, I've got a car for whatever occasion, so I needn't combine luxury with my pure sport. Please, no one hate me for this post-- I love both cars equally. Um.. insert "kissy" smiley here [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 12-27-2003, 11:41 PM

45 at heart, huh? Does that mean you are younger or older? I'm at a time in my life that a nice sports sedan is what I wanted, I went from a Mustang GT Convertible into my G!

Old 12-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geo's almost half the age he feels and behaves. The funny thing is, around here, most of the guys I see driving the Coupe are like GSM, 50+ in years! I'd say 3 out of 4 are in that category.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

Old 12-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I don't know about "behaves" (12 glasses in now [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]), but I'm 23 years old. I was told at 15 that I was "15 going on 35". How disheartening.... or uplifting. Depends on how you look at it. Regardless, any age group belongs in either car-- it's a beauty either way. And I still own my Mustang GT for those sunny days...

G

Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by geobau on 12/28/03 12:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded in my 03 Sedan