G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 controls hard to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 controls hard to use?

I am considering the G35 sedan as my next car, very soon. I notice that the volume control and temperature controls seem to be on the "wrong" side of the car! Is that really a problem as far as annoying any of you? What about the seat controls being on the right side of the driver's seat?

It just seems that the car wasn't designed for the driver being on the left side of the car. It probably won't affect my purchase decision much, but it will affect it. Please let me know if any of the things I mentioned bugs you.

Thanks.......

Old 01-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Re: G35 controls hard to use?

None of that bothers me at all, but I have an AT, so I don’t have to worry about shifting. The controls are well within my reach (especially the volume control on my steering wheel) so it’s not a problem. Plus, with the passenger seat controls on the left of their seat, I can reach over and screw with whoever’s riding along with me—I call that an added bonus!

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the volume controls on the right side. That way my wife can trun down the music and I can turn it up using the steering wheel. It's endless fun

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 01-07-2004, 05:40 PM

jasonwcarter, I think you are a little over concerned. I am an avid music listener. Once accustomed to the stereo controls on the steering wheel and the stereo panel, you wil find another reason to love this amazing car. My concerns were that the controls on the steering wheel weren't lit. Once you memorize the controls no Problem.

Great car! Worry about the power, handling, comfort and service which are also great.

Hey if you really want to talk about the G35 call me at work tomorrow eastern standard time (212) 576 -7926.

Awesome first year automobile!

Dknibb =Emerald mist sedan/sport package/aero

Old 01-07-2004, 06:58 PM

You get the best of both worlds wtih the volume on the right side. You: steering wheel controls, Passenger: on their side, not having your passenger's arm in your way when you're driving...priceless.

As for the a/c controls, press AUTO, and never worry about it again. well, at least that's what I do.

2K4 G35S 6MT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium Pkg
2K2 GS300 5AT SportDesign, Millenium Silver/Black

Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

At first the volume and temp control looked on the wrong side to me also but got used to it quickly and never give it a second thought.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:25 PM
fnt

I assume that the controls are that way because of the car's Skyline heritage. They don't bother me at all, though. I don't use the temp control often and I always set the volume with the steering wheel control, anyway.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, yeah, and after using the steering wheel control for volume, I don't think I remember where the control on the radio is!
[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 01-08-2004, 04:26 AM

I kinda like having the track-select buttons on the right side of the consel, cause that means the fastfwd/rewind button is on the left.... so if I have to change tracks and volume, I use the steering wheel control, and if I have to fast fwd or rewind the music, the button is well within reach....

Old 01-08-2004, 11:26 AM

Yes, the G35 is not perfect, but it's the best sports sedan for the money. For those of you (me included) where that's the first priority, everything else is excusable.

Voice-activated nav would be nice. A dial instead of push buttons for temp control would be nice. Rain-sensing wipers would be nice. These are all nice for commuting, but completely irrelevant when you're driving. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 01-08-2004, 12:23 PM

I'm not sold on voice activation things. My buddy has a new Lexus RX470 and the voice activation setting hardly ever gets it right. I even tried it and it didn't work right for me either. Its not like we mumble or have thick accents.

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 01-08-2004, 08:06 PM

A dial? Right back to the 80's! Why does this annoy anyone anyway, every car you drive has a different setup!

Old 01-08-2004, 10:37 PM

Dials have their uses. It doesn't annoy me, but a dial that goes from say 60 to 85 is quicker to set than a button you have to push-push-push-push.

A button requires you to rely on the preprogrammed repeat rate of the device, while a dial can be spun rapidly. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 01-09-2004, 12:03 AM

I guess you are right about the dial, but they just seem so "ancient" anymore, that was one thing I didn't like about my '00 Mustang, that plus the "****" for a light switch! Oh, and in reference to your earlier post, NO cars are perfect, if anyone says they are (ie:Honda owners, LOL) they are full of it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 controls hard to use?