G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

key fob complaint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: key fob complaint!

Yep, that's what I said earlier about mine, you do have to be deliberate, I've had my car three months now, and so far, not one accidental trunk popping/panic alarm, my Ford's were always doing that, I'd bend over to pick something up, and my damned panic alarm would go off from something in my pocket, bad thing was, I used to go to work at 4am, and it happened a few times as I was getting ready to go to work, damn, bet my neighbors loved me! I actually had to replace my one fob on my Mustang, the unlock button didn't work anymore!
[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 01-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hhhmmm... No difference.
All I can say is that I haven't had any premature panic alarms or trunk pops yet. I've had more things like that happen with the fob on my Subaru. Actually jumped into a pool with the damn thing in my bathing suit pocket by mistake. Dried it out, put in a fresh battery...good as new.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM

I've had my '04 less than a month, and so far 4 or 5 false alarms. Never happened with the Audi TT or subaru WRX keyfobs. Button is every easy to press and barely shorter than the others; but then again, it probably matters what kind of junk you have hanging on your key ring (I have 1 other audi fob, aluminum bottle opener, a whole other ring with house, mailbox, work desk, parents house, small minipadlock (dont ask!), 2-ring joining mechanism, cheesy suitcase key, and one of the infiniti key chains) [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

And this is AFTER taking a whole bunch of junk off!

Old 01-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, yeah.. it's a pain when that kitchen sink bangs into the panic button on your keychain.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 01-13-2004, 02:19 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The truck button has a slight delay on it which seems to eliminate accidental opening. But, my panic alarm has gone off several time when I have the keys in my pocket and apparently bend of move such that the buttom gets pressed.
Never had happen the on my other cars.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:38 PM

Hi All,
I have the situation where I lock the car and leave. Upon returning to teh car, I find that my front two windows are open all the way! Anyone else having this problem? Maybe the button is getting depressed inmy pocket? Luckily, so far, no one has lifted anything out of the car, even though it's parked in Berkeley.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:32 AM

The unlock button would have to be depressed and held for about 3 seconds for the windows to start coming down, then held a little longer until the windows are all the way down. Check your keyring. You may have something else on it that can easily push that button. Rearranging your keyring or thinning it out may help alleviate the problem.

Old 01-31-2004, 03:04 AM

On every car I've owned, I have prefered the "short range remote." It's a flat metal thing with grooves and notches and usually a plastic grip on hte end. You walk up to the door, stick the "short range remote" into the little slot in the door, turn, and bingo, the door unlocks. Turn the "short range remote" a second time and ALL the doors unlock! How KEWL is that!!!

I mean really, you have to have the key in your hand to start the car anyway, do you really save any time with the remote? I prefer not having a bunch of junk cluttering my pockets.

On topic, no idea where you can get a different FOB. It would be cool to have one where the key folded into it, kinda like the MB keys.

On-On
S&S

Old 01-31-2004, 04:03 PM

It's saves a whole lot of time when you're coming at the car from the passenger side, or trying to get into the backseat with a baby to strap in. Just a quick click.. no fumbling to make that "short range remote" actually engage the "little slot."

If I'm by myself and not carrying anything, I catch myself using the "short range remote" occassionally, though.