G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Does anyone know?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007 | 09:04 PM
|
Does anyone know?

If a sedan that comes with the spoiler from the factory still has a light in the back window?

To my knowledge it does not. I have a 06 sedan with the spoiler AND light in the window and the dummy light bugs the hell out of me every time I walk up to the car (the light is disconnected but it's still visible)

So I called Scottsdale Infiniti to order the rear shelf without the light and the guy on the phone tells me that they all have the brake light. I asked him if he was sure because I know I have seen them without the light in the back window and he got all rude with me and said "then they just took the light out and left a hole, all sedans come with the brake light in the window even if it has a spoiler"

WTF??? He wouldn't even check and see if there were two different parts (one with and one without light)

Am I wrong or was that guy just rude and lazy?

Old 06-21-2007 | 09:13 PM
Hes the dummy the only thing I have on my back deck in the middle is where its raised forthe Bose sub. I have a light in my spoiler and nothing else. It sounds to me like someone added it after the fact. Did you buy it new if so Id say the stealership added it. If not Id say whoever had it before added if for looks. Do you have the areo package? It comes with that I think thats the only way it comes from the factory like that. So no you shouldnt have it there with a true car that came with a spoiler.

Last edited by BuckeyeG; 06-22-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2007 | 09:24 PM
|
^^^^^^^^Thanks

I have the sports package but I know that it didnt come with the spoiler from the factory, it was added afterwards. The sports package is just rims and suspension, the aero package (i think) is what adds the spoiler and mine didn't come with that package according to the window sticker.

I knew I was right, that guy was a jerk. How do I find out what the part number would be for the shelf without the light? Anyone know?

Old 06-21-2007 | 09:29 PM
Hmmm, mine has a light on the back window and the spoiler?

Old 06-22-2007 | 01:14 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I thought they all had them and just disabled the light since there was also one in the spoiler. I changed out my rear deck for a Bose one so I had a grille to help vent the bass from my sub and it has the light space. Mine didn't come with the spoiler, I added it.

Old 06-22-2007 | 01:31 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com
Premier Member
i got my car with the spoiler and rear deck 3rd brake light as well.
-GP-

Old 06-22-2007 | 02:05 PM
PDT
All the G's come with it, when you get the spoiler, they disable the third brake light.

Old 06-22-2007 | 02:43 PM
Ditto my car had the 3rd brake light when the dealership added the spoiler they disabled it and removed it I have bose so that covers where the brake light was. Your dealership probably disabled the 3rd brake light but didn't remove it.

Old 06-22-2007 | 03:06 PM
Ithink it may ofbeensomethingthey changed in 06 then beacuse I have areo and premium and minehavethe light in the spoiler and nothing onthe back deck. Can someone tell me how I can put the big pics up Ive tryed to upload them from the photobucket acct. but it say that remote uploads are disabled.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone know?-dsc00294.jpg  

Last edited by BuckeyeG; 06-22-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2007 | 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by PDT
All the G's come with it, when you get the spoiler, they disable the third brake light.
My 03 G35 sedan, premium package, sport package, and aero package does not have a parcel deck brake light.

Old 06-22-2007 | 03:50 PM
I believe the cars that were installed with aero from the factory will not have the 3rd brake light on the deck. Most spoilers are dealer installed options according to my friend and thus comes with the thrid brake light but disabled. Mine is disabled as well but it doesn't really bother me since its covered by a tint anyway. Now once in a blue moon i'll see a G with the spoiler brake light and the third brake light on the deck on at the same time al all i wanna do is

Old 06-22-2007 | 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Ithink it may ofbeensomethingthey changed in 06 then beacuse I have areo and premium and minehavethe light in the spoiler and nothing onthe back deck.
My '05 is the same way, factory areo package and no 3rd brake light in the rear deck.

Old 06-22-2007 | 08:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Ithink it may ofbeensomethingthey changed in 06 then beacuse I have areo and premium and minehavethe light in the spoiler and nothing onthe back deck. Can someone tell me how I can put the big pics up Ive tryed to upload them from the photobucket acct. but it say that remote uploads are disabled.
Yeah, your pic is exactly what I want, I knew they made two different shelves, one with and one without the light. I have called two different dealers and they are ignorant as hell and won't even take the time to check. they just say "no, they all have the light"

How in the world can I get a shelf without the light if the dealers claim they dont exist????

Old 06-22-2007 | 09:06 PM
This is from my 2005 Sedan service manual, publication # SM5E-1V35U2:

Removal and Installation of High-Mounted Stop Lamp
REMOVAL (WITH REAR SPOILER)
1. Remove rear spoiler. Refer to EI-35, "REAR SPOILER" in “EI”
section.
2. Remove screws and remove high-mounted stop lamp from rear
spoiler.
3. Disconnect high-mounted stop lamp connector.
INSTALLATION
Installation is the reverse order of removal.
REMOVAL (WITHOUT REAR SPOILER)
1. Remove rear parcel shelf finisher. Refer to EI-41, "REAR PARCEL
SHELF FINISHER" in “EI” section.
2. Remove screws and remove high-mounted stop lamp from rear
parcel shelf finisher.
3. Disconnect high-mounted stop lamp connector.
INSTALLATION
Installation is the reverse order of removal.

So there is no 3rd brake light on the rear deck if you have a factory (not dealer) installed spoiler. What you need is not a new parcel shelf, but a "high mounted stop lamp finisher" (or equivalent) for a car with a factory spoiler.

Old 06-22-2007 | 11:34 PM
Just tint the rear window and you won't notice it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.