G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What MOds would you start off with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Odd... I thought the MREV did nothing for the other motors, but gained 15lbs of torque while lost about 1.5 - 2 hp on the revup... (at least that's exactly what it did for me) while the MREV 2 would make the same torque gains and also make an additional hp up top on the revup, and actually made hp on the other VQ motors too?

Old 08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dice for your rear view. Curb feelers. Tornado intake system. 14 inch cadillac spoke rims. Cheech and Chong upholstry upgrade.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by jack_burton
14 inch cadillac spoke rims.
Only worth it if they're spinners

Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
^+1

Or some 13x10 reverse gold daytons!!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jack_burton
dice for your rear view. Curb feelers. Tornado intake system. 14 inch cadillac spoke rims. Cheech and Chong upholstry upgrade.
OH AND YOU CAN NOT .. I REPEAT CAN NOT FORGET ...

HYDRAULICS TO GO SIDE TO SIDE ... FRONT BACK AND GO TIPPING ..

POST PICS ..

OH AND DONT FORGET LAMBO DOORS

JOKING ..

P.S.

I HAVENT DONE ONE MOD TO MY CAR YET . LOL

Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
I HAVENT DONE ONE MOD TO MY CAR YET . LOL

Me neither, except the replace broken window mod, and the broken window glass still in door mod, and the auto roll down replaced window 3-4" every time you try to auto close it mod, and the someone bumped into my while I was parked and scuffed the bumper mod... I got the fever!

But seriously, as a new owner of a stock G that's been researching here for a while, my plan is the 5/16 plenum spacer of course, then some sway bars, then some Z suspension, then some window tint and single sub for the trunk. Simple, affordable, no down time, should be fun results. Next year I'll get into the more expensive mods. FI is the only way to go for any real power gains but it's a lot of cash at once, so I'll get used to the car for a year, then do something major. Don't get the pulleys, they're BS.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Trendsetter
Whatever you do..I hope you lower your car.. first

Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hugen35
Whatever you do..I hope you lower your car.. first
so i hear lowering your car is the thing to do these days for that agressive look right lol...if i have 20's on mine..wouldnt that cause some serious rubbing..keep in mind everything in my car right now is stock as well...

Old 08-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ArEs23x
so i hear lowering your car is the thing to do these days for that agressive look right lol...if i have 20's on mine..wouldnt that cause some serious rubbing..keep in mind everything in my car right now is stock as well...
not if you play your offsets/camber/tire sizes right. When you get your 20's you'll see that the gap is so nasty with big wheels.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor

Lowering greatly improves the feel of your car, I'd look into that before power mods, because it helps control the car and keep it planted. You would surprised at how much faster you can drive with an upgraded suspension (carry more speed into turns, etc etc).

If your wheels/tires are the right spec, you should be fine lowering

Old 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^+1...the suspension on my G is one of the best investments i did imo...i would just start off with TT's! ...seriouslly tho

Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned
suspension is hands down the first mod to do. you not only get handling but the look of a sports car. you will love the way the car drives and looks..

if you want REAL power just slap on a VTEC sticker on the trunk

Last edited by killerlexus; 08-03-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:53 AM
has anyone tried replacing the doors with carbon fiber doors and a carbon fiber hood...i hear that would decrease a lot of weight..i realize it would be kind of expensive.i really dont know how much..but my only worry is that if its super light..does that mean i open my self up for unsafe drivin conditions if someones hits my door head on...could the carbon fiber take a better hit from the stock door cuz they tell me carbon fiber is much stronger..does anyone agree and tried the doors/hood

Old 08-05-2007, 03:18 AM
has anyone tried replacing the doors with carbon fiber doors and a carbon fiber hood...i hear that would decrease a lot of weight..i realize it would be kind of expensive.i really dont know how much..but my only worry is that if its super light..does that mean i open my self up for unsafe drivin conditions if someones hits my door head on...could the carbon fiber take a better hit from the stock door cuz they tell me carbon fiber is much stronger..does anyone agree and tried the doors/hood
First off, know what you are buying. Although the parts weigh much less, the carbon fiber parts on the market these days aren't true carbon fiber parts. Considering how much a square foot of carbon fiber costs even when it's bought in bulk (there is a huge shortage on carbon fiber right now, soon it may be restricted to aircraft and comercial usage only), and how hard it is to lay the fiber correctly, the price of a true carbon fiber hood would not be anywhere under $1000.

With that said, since the parts are mainly fiberglass, and in some cases are just a fiberglass weave to simulate carbon fiber, yes, you've compromised the safety of your car by using these parts. True carbon fiber shouldn't crack or chip away btw... if anything, it'll shatter.

I would stick to suspension. There's no point having 300hp if you can't control it. You'd be surprised how much better your car can handle with a decent suspension. Just remember that good struts shouldn't feel too stiff, and the springs don't have to be really stiff either.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Banned
This adds to the coonfusion I'm sure

Also on there site:

Iso Thermal MREV 2 Manifold TM - Standard lower collector with modified Intake Runners for reduced pressure drop The Motordyne Iso Thermal MREV 2 Manifold! A universal stealth mod for use on any 350Z, G35, M35 and FX 35. When used with or without a spacer or aftermarket plenum, this modified lower collector will make substantial power gains. Multiple independent test show when used with a 5/16" spacer on the REVUP engine, the combination will add at least 15+ HP and 18+ TQ in the upper midrange. Many independent REVUP tests have dynod in excess of 20HP and 30 TQ in the upper midrange and with high RPM peak power increased by 3-5 HP. On the road course or drag strip this lower collector adds substantial HP and TQ. No other normally aspirated VQ modification provides as much gains as MREV 2 Manifold! Note: A core exchange rebate is available for those of you with non-REVUP lower collectors. Contact us for more information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What MOds would you start off with?