G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I LOVE G35DRIVER!!!!! and I LOVE MY G35!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I LOVE G35DRIVER!!!!! and I LOVE MY G35!!!

I had the annoying creeking squeeking sound from my rear window I did a quick search in DYI and the tech area and got a couple suggestions , one being the regulator bolts that hold the window on the regulator were too long... well after reading on how to pull off the door panel I grew a pair and tried it myself Well I'm happy to say after pulling out the bolts and cutting off the threadless tips of them with my handgrinder and, reinstalling them , NO NOISE!!!! I hate noises so this was really pissing me off but, thanks to this forum I fixed it myself that gave me a great sense of accomplishment!!!! thanks everybody

Last edited by HUMBOLDT_G; 08-22-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
haha, nice work I traded my 06 G because of all the rattles. 7000 miles and 5 constant rattles. None of which the dealership could fix. They tried more than once. That, and I needed something with some ground clearance and AWD. FX35 was the first logical option.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by infiniteecho
haha, nice work I traded my 06 G because of all the rattles. 7000 miles and 5 constant rattles. None of which the dealership could fix. They tried more than once. That, and I needed something with some ground clearance and AWD. FX35 was the first logical option.
Ya I hate rattles but I figure I'll have a better chance at fixing them, well more persistant at fixing them at lease. Plus my nearest dealer is 250 miles away

Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 AM
I didn't have any luck finding the thread in the tech section you mentioned. Can you point me in the right direction?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by bbug
I didn't have any luck finding the thread in the tech section you mentioned. Can you point me in the right direction?
I dont know if I can find it again so I'll try to explain it. First, take off the cover inside the door handle housing. Take out that screw. Thenpry with a small screwdriver the trim on the door panel handle ( not the actual arm that opens the door but the handle you close the door with) pry back to front, there is accually a small slot on the back bottom side then gently pull the trim off. Mine loosened a little then pop it came off in my hand. Next remove the two screws inside the handle then with your hands pull the door panel from the bottom and up the side ( they pop off really easy) then lift the door panel and place something under it to hold it up. There will be a thin sheet of clear plastic either pull it off the sticky stuff or cut it (later tape it up) to gain access to the two small bolts that are at the bottom of the window on the regulator ( ithink thats what its called) They are a 10mm bolt you will need to roll the window down a little to get to the back one remove it first and cut or grind the threadless tip off of it and reinstall, next you will need to roll the window down almost all the way to get the front bolt lined up with a smaller oval hole lower in the door pul it out and cut it just the same and reinstall. reverse the process to put everything back and your done squeek-free

Note: you may not have to pull out the front bolt. Mine was not rubbing only the rear but I wasnt taking any chances! The noise your hearing is the end of the bolt rubbing on the outside of the door when the window is up all the way it gets crammed into the door and rubs. I could seee on the bolt where it was rubbed smooth not much but, enough to **** me off. Hope this helps let me know how it goes. Trust me its very easy

Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm

This is the bulletin. Take this to the dealer. They fixed mine. Drove me insane.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I love driver too!

Congrats on the DIY, it feels good to take care of it yourself.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I love driver too!

Congrats on the DIY, it feels good to take care of it yourself.
I just dont trust anyone with my G well, at least not any mechanics around here! and like I said the nearest dealer is 250 miles south. I got a quote on lowering my car with h&r's from a chain store les shwagg or something like that and they said $600. The hell with that and it's not the $$$ I just read a DYI on it and I am confident I can do it myself. Then I'll know if it was done right!! And later on down the road I wont have to go back to the mechanic and