G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003.5 at burnout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003.5 at burnout

hmm, i can't seem to make my tires spin and lose traction. i brakestand in 1st and go to 2.8k-3k rpm, then let go and smash the gas pedal. Dont do crap cept slowly roll...
but weird thing is, if i put it in reverse, and floor it. i can hear my tires lose traction.

could it be my 20x10 rears? woulda thought i had enough mods on to make up for the loss in power...

Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
turn the VDC off !

Old 08-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
u can't do stand still burnout unless u pull the ABS fuse.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sxexcx
turn the VDC off !
LOL, so obvious...

Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
try turning off vdc and then getting a manual transmission

Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Wide arsed rear tires make a diff. W/ my old 215 RSAs, I could do a burnout easy (VDC off w/ abs fuse in). With my 245-40-19 RE050s, I can barely make them chirp.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by KevinHeld
try turning off vdc and then getting a manual transmission
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wide arsed rear tires make a diff. W/ my old 215 RSAs, I could do a burnout easy (VDC off w/ abs fuse in). With my 245-40-19 RE050s, I can barely make them chirp.
It is not possible to do a standing still burnout with auto or even with 6MT. U can do a looooong burn out with 6MT but the car is going move forward. A friend told me that he can do a standing still burnout with my car (he does a standing still burnout with any car including his 6MT E46 M3), I told him the same thing that i am posting here. Well, I let him try it and as soon as the tires started spinning and he taped the brake for the front brakes to just hold the wheels, the power cut off instantly as i guessed. Turning VDC off does not turn the traction control off all the way. In extreme wheels spin it will interfere and stop u from getting killed. U can easily drift and do donuts and stuff but it has saved me once in the canyon, even with VDC off, from falling off. Most people will not even push the car to a point to notice that secondary traction. I have only managed to do it once from me being stupid.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
and in reverse you generally get better luck because the weight transfers off the rear wheels. if you wanna do some smoking, get some old narrow tires (15inch rims will prob fit over the back brakes), over inflate them, and let'em rip.

i had accidentally overinflated the tires on my vic (which i could never get to smoke the tires), due to an defective pressure gage, once i booted it, i poured out enough smoke to have a hard time seeing...

also: a puddle of bleach, or if you can get texin (rubber solvent used in the manufacture of tires), you can do a smokeshow with any car, (when i was working at a tire plant, i once had a chunk of rubber adhered to the drive wheel of an electric tow vehicle, my boss told me to pour a puddle of texin on the floor, brace the thing and stand on the throttle, which i did and filled that part of the plant with tire smoke (: gotta love being paid to do that kinda stuff...

Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
It is not possible to do a standing still burnout with auto or even with 6MT. U can do a looooong burn out with 6MT but the car is going move forward. A friend told me that he can do a standing still burnout with my car (he does a standing still burnout with any car including his 6MT E46 M3), I told him the same thing that i am posting here. Well, I let him try it and as soon as the tires started spinning and he taped the brake for the front brakes to just hold the wheels, the power cut off instantly as i guessed. Turning VDC off does not turn the traction control off all the way. In extreme wheels spin it will interfere and stop u from getting killed. U can easily drift and do donuts and stuff but it has saved me once in the canyon, even with VDC off, from falling off. Most people will not even push the car to a point to notice that secondary traction. I have only managed to do it once from me being stupid.
You're partly right, but there is a fix for this in a thread called "burnout switch" or something like that. Basically it cuts of the computers knowledge that you're braking, so you can gas/brake at the same time and sit there melting tires. Search for it, it's not that old.

Careful on those canyons!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Castro
You're partly right, but there is a fix for this in a thread called "burnout switch" or something like that. Basically it cuts of the computers knowledge that you're braking, so you can gas/brake at the same time and sit there melting tires. Search for it, it's not that old.

Careful on those canyons!
I think u are talking about the ABS fuse that i mentioned.
I love this car's balance in the canyons, the cars tail depends on ur right foot with mildly modded suspension. I am very cautious in the canyons though.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:02 PM
hmm, would doing the abs fuse trick give better time in the 1/4 also since your wheels will be going alot faster when i launch?

Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 PM
hmm, would doing the abs fuse trick give better time in the 1/4 also since your wheels will be going alot faster when i launch?

Old 08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats what i noticed also, when i did my 1/4 mile, the car accelerates slowly, but then it the power kicks in

Old 08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by johnsonhuang
Originally Posted by maliy06
thats what i noticed also, when i did my 1/4 mile, the car accelerates slowly, but then it the power kicks in
No, abs fuse will not effect the 1/4 mile time. As i mentioned earlier, it will not kick in unless u start tapping the brake while doing a burnout or going out of control like getting into a unintentional 360s or 720s the third time it will kick if ur car starts under steering very rapidly.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Can't wait for the 'my transmission/clutch smells like charred a$$' or 'do syncros normally come in six pieces' thread..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003.5 at burnout