G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help I need to past emission. I bought an 03 g35 coupe and it have an off the market exhaust and the check engine light is on. Is their any way I can fix this with having to buy a new stock exhaust

Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Anyone ever taken out the resonator of the midpipe and had no muffler? I got a vid up on youtube like that and it's extremely loud. Wondering if I had a pipe going from the midpipe all the way to the back where the tips should be for a muffler it will make any difference in sound rather than having nothing in the muffler area. I just don't want it extremely loud. In case anyone is wondering how loud....

Debating whether I should take off my muffler, add some piping, and put on stock tips to fool the boys in blue. Might be loud with no resonator on the midpipe though. Anybody know if it will make a difference if there is a pipe in place of the muffler? Here's a vid of how it sounds without a pipe in place of the muffler and no resonator on the midpipe. A bit too loud for my taste.

Right now it's stock with no resonator on midpipe.
Originally Posted by Vick b
Help I need to past emission. I bought an 03 g35 coupe and it have an off the market exhaust and the check engine light is on. Is their any way I can fix this with having to buy a new stock exhaust
Does it have aftermarket cats? If not, are you sure the check engine is because of the exhaust? i haven't heard of anyone having issues with a CEL unless it's been because they've been replaced with HFC's or test pipes, which at that point you can get non-foulers.

Last edited by The Stimulation; 03-19-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
This is ridiculous! I ordered an HKS exhuast from THMotorsports on 3/15/12 from their website for $449. Im checking my order status and see it hasnt shipped so i decide to call them and find out what the prob is. A guy comes on the line and says HKS raised their prices and that their website reflected the wrong price! When were they gonna let me know?! Instead of just asking me if I can spare the extra $50 for the new $499 price, they canceled my order and went on about their business. So unprofessional. Im never ordering from THMotorsports again!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I had a great experience with them when I bought my HKS. But to be honest, that muffler is not worth that much, or even the 350 when I had bought it. I say try something different. Find a universal muffler, if you'd like one from a reputable company, and get it fitted. You'll just have to use your OEM muffler for fitment (keep a short section that connects to the midpipe). Regardless what you do, it should sound good. Did that with my previous muffler and it was awesome. Beautiful sound. Or you can go a cheaper way out and go with no muffler, and do the same thing with the OEM muffler as using another muffler, just run a tip on the pipe and that will sound great too. Can be a little loud depending on what you consider loud, but cost of the latter shouldn't be more than $50+cost of a tip for the pipe.

The following users liked this post:
GreenPenguin (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my custom fabricated, quad tip catback exhaust. Test pipes and coupe midpipe also.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you have two mufflers? Or just two pipes from the resonator back to quad tips? I know there is not much room on the right hand side for a muffler to fit.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2006 G35X and I'm looking into exhausts but so far my favorite is the Tanabe medallion However I'm not positive if I should go with the 350Z HR Y Pipe with it or? . . . what are any other ideas or any other better combos ?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by X-Rated
I have a 2006 G35X and I'm looking into exhausts but so far my favorite is the Tanabe medallion However I'm not positive if I should go with the 350Z HR Y Pipe with it or? . . . what are any other ideas or any other better combos ?
The 2006 X that you have has the same Y pipe as the 350Z HR. Us X guys have that pipe because it is needed to clear the transfer case. I don't think you will notice any difference if you buy the HR.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Cpoups
The 2006 X that you have has the same Y pipe as the 350Z HR. Us X guys have that pipe because it is needed to clear the transfer case. I don't think you will notice any difference if you buy the HR.
Oh awesome lol best news I heard all day haha, thanks a lot appreciate it, only thing I was wondering was going to be the difference in quality or sound but you pretty much answered it for me already ... Thanks again

Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Alright well I was half asleep on this post I made so I'm editing it to clarify what I was saying, from my understand from the help of my previous post and reply I received I have pretty much the same Y pipe as the 350Z HR Y pipe because by having the X my Pipe needed to clear the transfer case. Therefor if I'm doing the Tanabe medalion exhaust all I need to buy is the exhaust, the problem I saw on the sites is no one really clarified if the exhaust they were selling fit the X model all it really had was 06 G35 and stated extras was needed. So considering I have the X is it the same exhaust but since I have the X I won't need the extras because of my stock Y pipe ? I'm sorry if this is very noob question but I'm new to the car for only having it for a month now , I'd appreciate all advice and help I can get , thank you everyone whose been helping along the way lol

Last edited by X-Rated; 03-20-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by djchris713; 03-20-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
nice set ups everyone..im loving them..well heres mine i guess..hr y pipe coupe mid and MD ART pipes..

Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Here's mine my cousin recorded it on his BlackBerry this weekend:

Resonated TP's M2 HR Y-pipe, Cut OEM Middy to custom fit magnaflow muffler:

Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by X-Rated
Alright well I was half asleep on this post I made so I'm editing it to clarify what I was saying, from my understand from the help of my previous post and reply I received I have pretty much the same Y pipe as the 350Z HR Y pipe because by having the X my Pipe needed to clear the transfer case. Therefor if I'm doing the Tanabe medalion exhaust all I need to buy is the exhaust, the problem I saw on the sites is no one really clarified if the exhaust they were selling fit the X model all it really had was 06 G35 and stated extras was needed. So considering I have the X is it the same exhaust but since I have the X I won't need the extras because of my stock Y pipe ? I'm sorry if this is very noob question but I'm new to the car for only having it for a month now , I'd appreciate all advice and help I can get , thank you everyone whose been helping along the way lol
The regular sedan CAT back will not fit the X. But Y pipe back will. So you can use any sedan or coupe mid pipe or a 350z mid pipe with extender. and then a sedan axle back. Read or search about the differences and look at some pictures and look under your car to compare. This is a mix and match setup.

The following users liked this post:
X-Rated (03-21-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cpoups
The regular sedan CAT back will not fit the X. But Y pipe back will. So you can use any sedan or coupe mid pipe or a 350z mid pipe with extender. and then a sedan axle back. Read or search about the differences and look at some pictures and look under your car to compare. This is a mix and match setup.
Really appreciate your help seriously , will be doing work ASAP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation