Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012 | 04:26 PM
G35 Sedan
Premier Member
sounds sick lol

Old 06-28-2012 | 10:16 AM
So Im really looking at the Megan racing catback or the Borla catback I would go with Stillen because they probably give you the best HP gains but the catback is quieter then stock... Also looking at HKS but it was only muffler and I only want the FULL system. So does anyone know for sure that the Megan racing OR Borla catbacks will fit my 05 X sedan? Also where can I get these for the best price? I cant even find Megan catback but I found the Borla and also I have some Kinetix HFC on my car.

Old 06-28-2012 | 11:03 AM
Why not go custom? It will probably cost you less. I was quoted approx 800 including test pipes (install included too).

Old 06-28-2012 | 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Modifying bauss
So Im really looking at the Megan racing catback or the Borla catback I would go with Stillen because they probably give you the best HP gains but the catback is quieter then stock... Also looking at HKS but it was only muffler and I only want the FULL system. So does anyone know for sure that the Megan racing OR Borla catbacks will fit my 05 X sedan? Also where can I get these for the best price? I cant even find Megan catback but I found the Borla and also I have some Kinetix HFC on my car.
Borla is a very quiet exhaust as well. Only very marginally louder than stock. If you like the sound of the HKS muffler buy that and fab up a mid pipe and y pipe.

I am not 100% sure if the borla will fit your car because that comes with a Y-Pipe, the Megan exhaust does not so it WILL fit your car. If you have Kinetix HFC on your car, I would almost lean towards the Borla or HKS route. I had Kinetix HFC and Megan and It was VERY LOUD. The exhaust by itself is loud but with HFC it was slightly obnoxious.

Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Why not go custom? It will probably cost you less. I was quoted approx 800 including test pipes (install included too).
Not everyone wants to have a custom exhaust.... Won't know what it will sound like, most likely harder to sell, etc.

Old 06-28-2012 | 12:38 PM
G35 Sedan
Premier Member
You can build the same exhaust as the megan for about 200 dollars...the megan is 450, that is why you would go custom. The exhaust will fit the X but the hangers for the muffler would need to be modified

Old 06-28-2012 | 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Borla is a very quiet exhaust as well. Only very marginally louder than stock. If you like the sound of the HKS muffler buy that and fab up a mid pipe and y pipe.

I am not 100% sure if the borla will fit your car because that comes with a Y-Pipe, the Megan exhaust does not so it WILL fit your car. If you have Kinetix HFC on your car, I would almost lean towards the Borla or HKS route. I had Kinetix HFC and Megan and It was VERY LOUD. The exhaust by itself is loud but with HFC it was slightly obnoxious.

Not everyone wants to have a custom exhaust.... Won't know what it will sound like, most likely harder to sell, etc.

Yeah thats true I don't want to risk it, so what does a Catback come with? It looks like im going with the megan racing catback but im really not sure where to get it I cant even find it on their website. Obnoxious is bad unless you can back it up with a lot of power and I can't.... yet Haha Its like those stupid american cars loud as s*** but produce next to no power for the sound.

Old 06-28-2012 | 03:56 PM
G35 Sedan
Premier Member
There's nothing to risk when going custom unless you get your one eyed homeboy to weld it together lol...you can do a google search on g35 sedan megan exhaust and click the shopping tab to see where you can buy it from

Old 06-28-2012 | 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Songle6MT

I'm suggesting it because it has a variety of possibilities and MUCH cheaper. To be honest, any muffler you put on the G is going to sound good regardless. If it sounds great without a muffler, I don't see how it's possible for any muffler to mess up the sound. Plus, if you talk to someone that works with exhausts as a living, they can guide you to the direction you want to go in as far as the sound you want to obtain.

Old 06-28-2012 | 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by JaE35
You can build the same exhaust as the megan for about 200 dollars...the megan is 450, that is why you would go custom. The exhaust will fit the X but the hangers for the muffler would need to be modified
While that may be true, the sound wont be 100% the same. I have nothing wrong against going custom. Heck, when I bought my exhaust I debated it. I just wanted something already done that I could bolt in though.

If I ever switch my exhaust I will probably have one built....

Originally Posted by Modifying bauss
Yeah thats true I don't want to risk it, so what does a Catback come with? It looks like im going with the megan racing catback but im really not sure where to get it I cant even find it on their website. Obnoxious is bad unless you can back it up with a lot of power and I can't.... yet Haha Its like those stupid american cars loud as s*** but produce next to no power for the sound.
Cat back on these cars technically would come with a y-pipe, midpipe, and rear muffler section. However, watch what you actually get because some call their exhausts catback, but only come with a mid-pipe, and rear muffler section.

Originally Posted by JaE35
There's nothing to risk when going custom unless you get your one eyed homeboy to weld it together lol...you can do a google search on g35 sedan megan exhaust and click the shopping tab to see where you can buy it from
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
I'm suggesting it because it has a variety of possibilities and MUCH cheaper. To be honest, any muffler you put on the G is going to sound good regardless. If it sounds great without a muffler, I don't see how it's possible for any muffler to mess up the sound. Plus, if you talk to someone that works with exhausts as a living, they can guide you to the direction you want to go in as far as the sound you want to obtain.
I don't think it is necessarily a bunch cheaper unless you know someone that does exhaust. And are you getting the stainless piping that usually comes with bolt in kits, or are you getting just regular pipe?

There are a bunch of different factors that come into building an exhaust that most people don't want to deal with. I'm not saying any which way is better, as I have nothing against either way, but there are a whole lot more decisions/factors and outcomes when building a custom exhaust.

Old 06-30-2012 | 02:42 AM
Here is a custom setup on my 05 sedan
http://youtu.be/CBE5mysJP7E

Old 07-07-2012 | 07:05 AM
Hi guys

posting from Australia so what im showing is not *exactly* the same as what you have in the US... here are my first and second setups, made at home in a day. each includes a vid to illustrate the sound. And before anyone mentions it - no i dont like big shiny exhausts. simple and neat for me thanks

Papa - feel free to link to this post on the first post

This is shown on a 2001 JDM Nissan V35 250GT (which means its 2.5L, not 3.5L)

Running: 350Z intake, coupe Y pipe, standard mid pipe with new pipe flange level with the diff.

REAR SETUP #1

from the new flange at the diff...
single 2.5" to twin 2.5" collector
2.5" mandrel bent pipes
2.5" inlet to dual 3" tips on both sides
evap canister kept in original location

vid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...m/98287b68.mp4

REAR SETUP #2

same as above but I have added a 2" bore glasspack muffler on each side (with ends swaged to 2.5" to suit pipes)
muffler size is 350mmL x 200mmW x 85mmH (14"L x 8"W x 3.25"H) with central in/out pipes
evap canister kept in original location, breather removed

evap canister clearance

breather part removed

vid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...t/f2bafa8e.mp4

Old 07-07-2012 | 08:49 AM
I thought those cars were 350GT not 250GT sounds good I would add a resonator but if you like it keep it the way It is

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:21 AM
they came in 250gt, 300gt, and 350gt

and the second video has the mufflers/resonators fitted. it is quiet.

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:25 AM
Wats the difference?

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Mrpatar
Wats the difference?
250gt is 2.5L
300gt is 3.0L
350gt is 3.5L

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation