G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why is AC always on!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gilley
Some people get so worked up because the AC automatically comes on.
Here's the thing: it's frustrating when you are in traffic sitting behind a beat up pickup that has Sonora Mexico plates and its spewing outrageous amounts of dark exhaust (they must not have ANY emissions/smog testing down there). So instead of going into a coma from all the carbon monoxide I'm choking on, I try to turn on the air recirculation, but that just turns on my A/C. Not a huge deal if it's during the summer and its hot, but right now with the temps outside I don't need cold air, therefore I don't want the A/C on. But apparently Infiniti knows all and has already decided what is best for me, so I either have the A/C on when its 40 degrees outside, or I have to breath the toxic air from the Mexico truck in front of me (and if you haven't been to southern Arizona recently, they're everywhere ).

Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's okay for the AC to be on and the temperature set to 80 degrees. You will still get hot air out of the vents. You may have to adjust the temperature if you had it on vent, but that's not a big deal in my book.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:53 AM
It's okay for the AC to be on and the temperature set to 80 degrees. You will still get hot air out of the vents. You may have to adjust the temperature if you had it on vent, but that's not a big deal in my book.
I know its okay, but it still uses the A/C compressor to remove moisture from the air. I don't have moisture in the air in AZ.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is good to know. I always switched it off, but I will not do it from now on. That's a clever system.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalgulby
This is good to know. I always switched it off, but I will not do it from now on. That's a clever system.
DITTO .. CLEVER INDEED ..

Old 12-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
I know its okay, but it still uses the A/C compressor to remove moisture from the air. I don't have moisture in the air in AZ.
You are the exception to the rule. Probably 99% of US and Canadian drivers live in areas with humidity and rain.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Sucks 2 B U.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:50 PM
reading this post I got so mad about my ac light that I went out to my garage a ripped the compressor out of my car and removed the fuse for the display on the dash

Old 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlvdKing
reading this post I got so mad about my ac light that I went out to my garage a ripped the compressor out of my car and removed the fuse for the display on the dash
i hope youre kidding...

Old 12-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve
Sucks 2 B U.

Lol, yeah, we 99% just hate our lives because we actually get rain fairly regularly and we're all going to kill ourselves because our A/C compressors are decreasing our gas mileage by .1 mpg.

Damn the stupid automotive industry with their research and design departments that produce cars that only take into account like the entire continent of North America. They should have an Arizona special that doesn't have this recirculating air defect, no heated seat option, a smaller 3.0 VQ so you can get better gas mileage when you turn on your A/C, 1 color option (Ivory Pearl of course) which keeps the car cooler to reduce your A/C usage thereby increasing gas mileage, factory tinted glass, you get the idea. Once that proves successful, they could extend the program to include a New England build that only comes in black, a non-defeatable traction control system, heated everything, a much weaker A/C system, etc...

Imagine, with all the specialty builds they'll be making, they can charge several thousand more per car due to the inefficiencies in manufacturing so many different options into one model. We'll all gladly pay more, right?

All kidding aside though, I've been to Arizona (Pheonix), and oh my fvck it was HOT! I seriously found it hard to believe so many people live there without going on heat-stroke-induced shooting sprees which would bring about a massive reduction in population. So obviously it's not happening or there wouldn't be so many people... it's got my brain all twisted inside out trying to comprehend how this isn't happening.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exactly. Some people here don't seem to understand how the system works. Air conditioning is also used to dehumidify the air as well as regulate air temps. It doesn't matter if it is winter or summer. The compressor will run as required in both cases. Most cars have some level of automation with A/C with a lot of these coming on with the selector set to defrost. This is both to prevent fogging throughout the year and ensure the compressor runs periodically throughout the year for lubrication and longer life.

I can't see the auto feature in the G as anything to bother someone in the least. It's actually very practical and certainly not a defect. I've driven with people who have recirculate on in their cars and don't realize it until the car starts to fog up with no AC on.

Last edited by RBull; 12-08-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe_Camel
Lol, yeah, we 99% just hate our lives because we actually get rain fairly regularly and we're all going to kill ourselves because our A/C compressors are decreasing our gas mileage by .1 mpg.

Damn the stupid automotive industry with their research and design departments that produce cars that only take into account like the entire continent of North America. They should have an Arizona special that doesn't have this recirculating air defect, no heated seat option, a smaller 3.0 VQ so you can get better gas mileage when you turn on your A/C, 1 color option (Ivory Pearl of course) which keeps the car cooler to reduce your A/C usage thereby increasing gas mileage, factory tinted glass, you get the idea. Once that proves successful, they could extend the program to include a New England build that only comes in black, a non-defeatable traction control system, heated everything, a much weaker A/C system, etc...

Imagine, with all the specialty builds they'll be making, they can charge several thousand more per car due to the inefficiencies in manufacturing so many different options into one model. We'll all gladly pay more, right?

All kidding aside though, I've been to Arizona (Pheonix), and oh my fvck it was HOT! I seriously found it hard to believe so many people live there without going on heat-stroke-induced shooting sprees which would bring about a massive reduction in population. So obviously it's not happening or there wouldn't be so many people... it's got my brain all twisted inside out trying to comprehend how this isn't happening.
Funny idea!

You obviously haven't driven a G or other car with traction control in the winter. If it wasn't defeatable sometimes you wouldn't be able to move where you need to get the wheels spinning a bit. A weaker AC system wouldn't cool the car effectively even in New England. The current one is bare minimum where I live.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:39 PM
when you click auto, it turns on the ac a/c as well... but u know if u click "a/c" it will still be in auto mode with a/c off... so whats the big deal? zomg ac turns on when i click auto!.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
why does a siren go off whene i hit the a/c button ??

Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
why does a siren go off whene i hit the a/c button ??

cuz its a newb alarm :P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.