G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What a great way to start the year!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a great way to start the year!!

New year's eve night , took a trip to downtown disney, experienced the crappiest count down ever in my life, because of the high wind no fire works were displayed. and to end the night with the bang, i was driving home, and about a block away from home, i suddenly heard a loud bang, i seriously thought it was a gun shot or something that hit my rear passenger side door, I had my gf in my car as well so i just took off as fast as i could, got home, got off the car and see this big o dent on my door, i have no idea what hit it. Seriously bad luck guys.... i pamper my car since the day i got it... not too long ago i was rear ended and now this.... the neightborhood isnt that bad either... i dont know if its somebody who is playing a practical joke using sling shots or BB guns...it sure did damage to my door, I will find out how much its gona cost me tomorrow at the bodyshop... sigh.... hope everybody else had a better new year's eve and new year's day then mine....

Old 01-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Sorry to hear it pinky..that really sucks. I just found two more dings on my car that just happened this past week

Post a pic of the dent. You may be able to save some money and get a paintless dent removal guy to do the work. I have it done and many others here in Norcal. Alot cheaper than taking it to a bodyshop

Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
That sucks... hope the repair doesnt cost much...

I was once driving in the not so much greatest area in the world and some kits through a rock at my car! hit smack on the passenger side... I stopped, saw the kids run in their house...

I didnt think it was worth it for me to freak out about it and go into attack mode...

Old 01-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not good at all... Hope all goes well..

Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 AM
I know how you feel. I have had my car abused here in the past 2 weeks. I work at an Elementary school and one of the kids probably the only kid I care about in that **** whole scratched my car with his bike. A good 3-4inch long scratch, I am 95% sure it was an accident and I just blew it off and said whatever witch was hard enough. Then 3 or 4 days later the same kid was out side of the school building that day in the parking lot with one of his friends, I chatted with them for a min or two then I started to my car. They were on bikes and they raced off toward my car saying we are going to scratch your car again. Me never thinking that this kid would ever attempt to purposely scratch my car stopped and started to talk to a few of my co-workers as they continued to my car. After about 5min of talking the kids had already left and I went on to my car. When I got there I was blessed with two dents in the same general area as my beautiful scratch. As much as I love my car I was more disappointed in the kid more then anything. If this was any other kid I would get the school involved and press charges.

Last edited by VQ Hotness; 01-02-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by pinky1121
New year's eve night , took a trip to downtown disney, experienced the crappiest count down ever in my life, because of the high wind no fire works were displayed. and to end the night with the bang, i was driving home, and about a block away from home, i suddenly heard a loud bang, i seriously thought it was a gun shot or something that hit my rear passenger side door, I had my gf in my car as well so i just took off as fast as i could, got home, got off the car and see this big o dent on my door, i have no idea what hit it. Seriously bad luck guys.... i pamper my car since the day i got it... not too long ago i was rear ended and now this.... the neightborhood isnt that bad either... i dont know if its somebody who is playing a practical joke using sling shots or BB guns...it sure did damage to my door, I will find out how much its gona cost me tomorrow at the bodyshop... sigh.... hope everybody else had a better new year's eve and new year's day then mine....
Here are the pictures to that shows the damage of the car and also i just got it quoted for $465 and i am hopping to get it down to $400.

Attached Thumbnails What a great way to start the year!!-img_4375.jpg   What a great way to start the year!!-img_4376.jpg  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Thats a good one. It is in the same area mine are, But on the driver side.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
That looks creased plus you lost some paint. Paintless dent removal will get most of the ding out but you will still see it, especially on OB. Bodyshop

Good luck

Old 01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear bout that man... My car was broken into on the night before New Years Eve... Sad to hear there are so many inconsiderate ***holes out there... Hope everything works out for you!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Today someone hit my rear bumper with a shopping cart. They even left the cart on the car so I would notice it. It was at Lowes and I was only in the store for 5~10 mins.
I have two pretty deep scratches on it. They look too deep to use ScratchX. I'll have to use the good old touch up paint

Old 01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Sorry for what happened. That is pretty dangerous too. It could have done serious injuries to the driver and passenger.
I bought my car last June and since then, I was rear-ended twice on the freeway. People really suck at driving.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by LudwigB
Sorry for what happened. That is pretty dangerous too. It could have done serious injuries to the driver and passenger.
I bought my car last June and since then, I was rear-ended twice on the freeway. People really suck at driving.
+100000000000000000000

Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
Today someone hit my rear bumper with a shopping cart. They even left the cart on the car so I would notice it. It was at Lowes and I was only in the store for 5~10 mins.
I have two pretty deep scratches on it. They look too deep to use ScratchX. I'll have to use the good old touch up paint
Maybe it wasnt anybody. Shopping carts do tend to take off on their own sometimes.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I guess since everyone else is sharing I'll add my story:

I was visiting my parents in San Francisco for New Years and parked my car on the street (didn't have a choice). My bumper was tapped by someone overnight.

When I saw my car in the morning I was fuming! I just had my rear bumper painted 4 or so months ago. I spoke with my parents' neighbors and they said they had friends over (2 cars) for a party and they would call them to see if they remember hitting my car. Haven't heard back from them yet and I really don't expect to, if they were decent honest people they would have left a note in the first place.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
No, the car that was parked next to mine changed. I think the person that left probably slid their cart into my car. The parking lot was full so the cart wouldn't have had enough space to gain the speed needed to really scratch a car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What a great way to start the year!!