G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Hood hinges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood hinges

Well after i brought my car in for them tempting to fix my problems that i posted in my other thread. They were going to lift the hood to see the heater issue and he didnt lift it up anymore. They noticed that my hinges are not lubricated or something. They asked where my oil change got done. It was not done at infiniti and they said every oil change they would lubricate the hinges so they dont bend. Well now that I noticed it with my own eyes with them, my right side hood is sticking up more and not aligned with the fender. Also thats where I got my fender paint chip from. Infiniti said next time you have a oil change, come to us. We will lubricate hinges and fix that issue, also put touch up paint on that area where its scuffed. I asked how much for oil change. He said $49.95. Who the hell pays that much for a oil change? Which includes a free wash and vaccum, wowww.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhhh what?? Pictures?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
The hinges in the corner of the engine that hold the hood. They start to bend they said when there not lubricated or something.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:32 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
ya mine are bent but I had no idea that was y

Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
ya mine are bent but I had no idea that was y
my hood is is up on 1 side and it chipped my fender. The dealership said its the hinges not being lubricated.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
another crap design hinges that are so flimsy that they bend

Old 01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
how do i fix this? Will lubing the hinges fix it? They said it would.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:09 PM
i had the same proboblem and then i think it gets worse when i put on the tein hood shocks to hold up the hood rather than the rod....mine cought on the left side (passenger fender) so bad that I couldn't even lift the hood.......i took it to a body shop and just told them to fix it since i couldnt figure it out

had to loosen the whole hood, move everything re-tightened the bolts over so the hood lines up better and then remove bolts to my fender, push it out and then re tighten them....ALL THAT JUST CUASE THE STUPID INFINITI SHOCKS ARE CHEAP AND A POS

you would think paying 30k for a car they would use stronger steel or something......hell my old maxima and my friends 1990 accord has stronger hinges than our cars

it just sucks and u gotta be careful

Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
i also removed all that plastic **** that covers up the hinges and hides the hinges and bolt .....i wanted nothing in the way of the hinge and now just lift my hood really slowly......i'm trying to get a c/f hood so its lighter and maybe that will solve the problem

Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
this sucks, i want to just buy white lithium grease and spray it in there to lubricate it, but i dont think that will fix the problem. They said it would.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like another lie from the dealer to me...

Old 01-26-2008, 10:25 AM
So what is the problem? He was going to check something under the hood in front of me for the heater issue and he didnt open it all the way. They just basically said next time get oil change from us, we will lubricate the hinges and it will go back to normal the hood opening and not scraping the fender.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I didn't know our cars were that weaksauce to require lube on the freakin hinges. I've never heard of any cars that needed lube there. At any rate, add lube to it now seems like it'll just make part of the problem go away. Did the sheetmetal bend as a result of a stuck hinge already? If so, lube alone isn't going to fix that.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blownvert
So what is the problem? He was going to check something under the hood in front of me for the heater issue and he didnt open it all the way. They just basically said next time get oil change from us, we will lubricate the hinges and it will go back to normal the hood opening and not scraping the fender.
Sounds like BS to me. Just sounds like it is misaligned to be. They will probably re-align it as well as lube it.
If I were you, I would get a friend to help you align it. It isn't hard, I helped Ryan (G35Pinoy) re-align his after he had his cf hood put on.
That Infiniti dealership sounds like crap. Why would they fix it at your next service and not then. They saw the issue, why didn't they fix it then? Just sounds like a ploy to get you to come to them for your regular service.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
Sounds like BS to me. Just sounds like it is misaligned to be. They will probably re-align it as well as lube it.
If I were you, I would get a friend to help you align it. It isn't hard, I helped Ryan (G35Pinoy) re-align his after he had his cf hood put on.
That Infiniti dealership sounds like crap. Why would they fix it at your next service and not then. They saw the issue, why didn't they fix it then? Just sounds like a ploy to get you to come to them for your regular service.
who knows there not dumb. I just want it fixed, I might just buy the lube myself and try it. I dont know how it would fix it. I think the hinges bent, it seems like when the hood rises, it scrapes the fender thats why it is chipped at the top. I really think infiniti g35s suck. I had a mustang before and never had a problem with hinges or any of that lol. I never knew they lubed hinges when getting a oil change, so they wouldnt bind and bend. I dont like this infiniti dealership I go to. They replaced my compression rods before no problem, now there being retarded with my rattling problems and the heater issue, probably the bent maybe. Now the hinges. Isnt hinges covered under warranty? I dont want to pay $50 for a dam oil change from them.

Last edited by blownvert; 01-26-2008 at 06:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hood hinges