G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

VDC a disadvantage in the snow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
+1 nothing more fun then steering with the gas pedal with RWD
... unless you can't even get moving .... saw a chick in MB last week got stock twice on the same light (we obviously were not moving that fast ) , the dummy was lighting up rear tires and holding it there for a minute or saw turning the snow into ice ... then getting out and using here window scraper to get rid of it

Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Slavik
...the dummy was lighting up rear tires and holding it there for a minute or saw turning the snow into ice ... then getting out and using here window scraper to get rid of it
Please tell me you are kidding!?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Please tell me you are kidding!?
nope, she was in the middle of it when I pulled up close, and I didn't get what she was doing .... but the next time traffic moved for 10 feet or so, I got to witness the whole process for myself ("burn out" for a minute or so and then scraping the ice out from underneath the tires and then pulling up to catch up to traffic) ... and yes she did have low-profile tires

Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I've got snows on my x. I've always thought myself as an unbeatable driver in the snow, what do i have to worry about? I have snows, awd...
That is until i spun out up in vermont, right before a bridge over a small creek. I ran over patch of glassy ice.
Well i wound up on top a bank of snow and ice and was stuck.

I tried vdc on and off, snow switch on and off. One wheel from the front and back was spinning in place in the snow, regardless of the setting.

I sat there in my awd snow tire equipped with "advanced" electronic traction control, just spinning away. Until a kind gentlemen came by in a suburban to nudge me along.

Dont let all the doodads fool you, without 4 wheel lock or some other more "advanced" form of traction control, these cars will still get stuck in the snow.

My wife never lets me forget that incident and lets me know technology is no excuse for driving like an idiot.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kki000
I've got snows on my x. I've always thought myself as an unbeatable driver in the snow, what do i have to worry about? I have snows, awd...
That is until i spun out up in vermont, right before a bridge over a small creek. I ran over patch of glassy ice.
Well i wound up on top a bank of snow and ice and was stuck.

I tried vdc on and off, snow switch on and off. One wheel from the front and back was spinning in place in the snow, regardless of the setting.

I sat there in my awd snow tire equipped with "advanced" electronic traction control, just spinning away. Until a kind gentlemen came by in a suburban to nudge me along.

Dont let all the doodads fool you, without 4 wheel lock or some other more "advanced" form of traction control, these cars will still get stuck in the snow.

My wife never lets me forget that incident and lets me know technology is no excuse for driving like an idiot.
No tire is good for ice.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
LSD rear might have helped

Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Slavik
... unless you can't even get moving .... saw a chick in MB last week got stock twice on the same light (we obviously were not moving that fast ) , the dummy was lighting up rear tires and holding it there for a minute or saw turning the snow into ice ... then getting out and using here window scraper to get rid of it
Was she blonde?!.....Kidding.(note to all female G drivers.this is a joke).
Funny how we don't have to explain a joke with male drivers.