G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Taillight Mod in the works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by bert039
It's a little reminiscent, a throw back even, of the old legendary Toyota Corolla.

Note the amber turn signals in this one. He must have the JDM ones.
I've been describing at as IS350/Camery-ish...

The pic above gives you a guideline... but there will be no need for the little sliver of existing blinker... If I could photoshop I'd show you... can someone that understands the concept photoshop this please?...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
plug & play brotha! That's why I'm excited about KP Technologies doing it - he likes making stuff simple with modules... the others I've been working with are all drawing schematics do splicer/dicer wiring & **** and they can’t get it to work... I wish I had worked with Kevin sooner on this.

Really?!? All the other modules of his I have required wiring (window, VDC, shift light and mifrror tilt). It was easy but it didn't use the oem plugs so you had to splice in the wires. That was what I meant when I said minor wiring needed.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Really?!? All the other modules of his I have required wiring (window, VDC, shift light and mifrror tilt). It was easy but it didn't use the oem plugs so you had to splice in the wires. That was what I meant when I said minor wiring needed.
You’re right - there probably is minor wiring... But based on what the other shops I've been dealing with are trying to do, this will be much cleaner and more efficient. If it all woks out that is... I guess it's not a done deal 'till we know everything works...

Old 02-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
We don't do 'plug and play' as it isn't value added. Our modules would double (maybe triple) in price if we included plug and play options.

I started working on the firmware a bit today and will hopefully have something done by tomorrow and tested in my G35.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
very cool mod sedans...

Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
very cool mod sedans...
we gotta do something to be cool to you coupes

Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is basically the same mod as the front side marker blinking procedure. anyone can do it. kp technology not required.

tools required - 10mm socket wrench, electrical tape, flat head screw driver, wire striper and cutter.

1-remove the tail light
2-cut the power wire of turn signal
3-cut the ground wire of stop(two circle) lamps.
4-connect the ground wire connected to the lights(two circle) to the power line going to turn signal bulb.
5-so the turn signal bulb will have an open power line and the (two circle) ground wire connected to the harness/chassis will be open. electrical tape all.
6-put your lights back. wallah - fx style.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by sunghochang77
this is basically the same mod as the front side marker blinking procedure. anyone can do it. kp technology not required.

tools required - 10mm socket wrench, electrical tape, flat head screw driver, wire striper and cutter.

1-remove the tail light
4-connect the ground wire connected to the lights(two circle) to the power line going to turn signal bulb.
5-so the turn signal bulb will have an open power line and the (two circle) ground wire connected to the harness/chassis will be open. electrical tape all.
Gotta vid of this in action? Not a DIY, a vid of the tails blinking... if so, you are the ONLY one that has been able to make it work.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in. I like this idea. Are we thinking of just having the outer ring blink, or both rings? I dont know if its possible, but just having the outer ring blink would be hot!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by mitchelm
I'm in. I like this idea. Are we thinking of just having the outer ring blink, or both rings? I dont know if its possible, but just having the outer ring blink would be hot!
my car is an 04... For now it’s being tested for all horizontal rows to blink. Initially I wanted sequential... one thing at a time I guess (unless Kevin feels real motivated?!!! )

Edit: Oooops I called Kevin Kyle preiously, sorry...

Last edited by OCG35; 02-15-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd put my 03-04 tails back on if he could get them to blink from inside to out... Kinda like half the the knight rider light Just going from in to out...

Parking lights = ....

First turn on blinker ....

Then ....

Then ....

Finally ....

Or like mitchelm said for the 05-06 tails to just have the outer ring blink with the inner ring doing it's usual.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by sunghochang77

1-remove the tail light

Not quite there buddy.

Go try it and let me know how that works out for you. The tails are not a simple 12V signal like the fronts are...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by nathanjax
I'd put my 03-04 tails back on if he could get them to blink from inside to out... Kinda like half the the knight rider light Just going from in to out...

Parking lights = ....

First turn on blinker ....

Then ....

Then ....

Finally ....
That’s what I meant by "sequential" in my post above yours... I think it's a lofty goal but would be soooo sweeet!!!! Kevin?... As long as your working on it – possible?....

Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not really sure what is going on here. I've never seen sedan tail lights, so I'm not sure exactly how they work. In the picture it looks like there are only two circles per side. What are we trying to sequence?

With the way it is wired now you really only have three options, since we are effectively eliminating the turn signals:

1. parking light on
2. brake light on
3. parking light and brake light on

Anything more advanced would require modifying the internals of the tail lights.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
I'm not really sure what is going on here. I've never seen sedan tail lights, so I'm not sure exactly how they work. In the picture it looks like there are only two circles per side. What are we trying to sequence?

With the way it is wired now you really only have three options, since we are effectively eliminating the turn signals:

1. parking light on
2. brake light on
3. parking light and brake light on

Anything more advanced would require modifying the internals of the tail lights.

lets just work on getting them to blink first

for reference, the triangular area above the horizontal LEDs will be body color... so the entire lense will be horizontal rectangle... the paint line will follow the line coming off the back up lense on the trunk...

CAN SOMEONE PHOTO SHOP THIS PIC TO SHOW WHAT IM DESCRIBING> PLEASE!

Last edited by OCG35; 02-15-2008 at 07:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Taillight Mod in the works!