G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My G is a shopping cart magnet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G is a shopping cart magnet

I've had my '05 DG 6MT since August, and it had maybe 2 door dings. Now I have been hit lightly the first week I had it, and every time I wash it I find a new scrape ,ding ,or rock chip. My wife drives it most of the time and she says that she tries to park away from other cars. Twice now she has been at out local grocery store and the car has been hit by a shopping cart, every time this happens this crazy shopping cart b!tch is right there. The first time she started yelling at my wife telling her it wasn't her fault, that the cart was "blown by the wind" on a calm morning. Am I paranoid? Is this b!tch is F'ing with my car? Do dings magically appear on my car WTF

My wife had a saturn before this and I don't ever remember this car getting tagged, maybe I just didn't give a **** about it! I've had quite a few nice cars and my G just seems to beg to get hit WTF Anyone else have this prob?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have this problem... I usually park about a 1/4 mile from the grocery store and enjoy a nice stroll while I contemplate what lovely variations of produce I'll soon be selecting... These are the thoughts you can afford to have when you G is safe and sound away from mayhem

Old 04-12-2008, 03:51 AM
^+1, i hate taking the G where they have carts. i usually take the prelude to the grocery store. if i do take the G i usually park far and/or next to the island and as close to the island as possible

Old 04-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not just other cars, but other vehicles.

A couple months ago, I noticed a red spot on my drivers door. Must have been a red car that parked beside me, sent a door into it, and was long gone when I came back. It took a lot of rubbing to pretty much eliminate it.

Yesterday, at the gas station, I noticed a red streak on the corner of my bumper. Obviously someone bumped the car somehow, I'm unsure how they would have made the 6" line of paint on my front drivers side corner. I was able to rub some of it out while waiting on the slow fillup. I need to work on it more.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
I don't have this problem... I usually park about a 1/4 mile from the grocery store and enjoy a nice stroll while I contemplate what lovely variations of produce I'll soon be selecting... These are the thoughts you can afford to have when you G is safe and sound away from mayhem
hahahah I do the same thing.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^^^ same here

Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Shopping carts make me crazy.... I couldn't stand that Vdub commercial that used to be on.
I take my truck to go shopping....

Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jaydafunk
^+1, i hate taking the G where they have carts. i usually take the prelude to the grocery store. if i do take the G i usually park far and/or next to the island and as close to the island as possible
+1

Parking next to islands decreases the chance of dings. I always park within millimeters of the curb. So even if someone parks on the line next to me, their car door(s) shouldnt meet my paint when they carelessly swing them open at full speed.

If im at a grocery store, I park far away next to an island or curb where carts are least present. The problem with parking next to a closer island is alot of lazy people place their carts onto islands instead of walking 10 extra feet to the cart return. All you need here is a big gust of wind.

I may be **** about parking but I really cant stand how careless some people are.

Last edited by RADIOGUY21; 04-12-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Well my shopping cart comfrontation left a pretty bad dent in my car and ever since then I always park where there's no possibility that my car can come into contact with a shopping cart. It cost me $500 to get this repaired...

Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by HUMBOLDT_G
I've had my '05 DG 6MT since August, and it had maybe 2 door dings. Now I have been hit lightly the first week I had it, and every time I wash it I find a new scrape ,ding ,or rock chip. My wife drives it most of the time and she says that she tries to park away from other cars. Twice now she has been at out local grocery store and the car has been hit by a shopping cart, every time this happens this crazy shopping cart b!tch is right there. The first time she started yelling at my wife telling her it wasn't her fault, that the cart was "blown by the wind" on a calm morning. Am I paranoid? Is this b!tch is F'ing with my car? Do dings magically appear on my car WTF

My wife had a saturn before this and I don't ever remember this car getting tagged, maybe I just didn't give a **** about it! I've had quite a few nice cars and my G just seems to beg to get hit WTF Anyone else have this prob?
For the dings, park far away as possible (I mean no man's land, plus the exercise is good too) . If you can't park far away, park to the left of an island, and pray the car that parks to the left of you does not have any careless passengers. As for the rock chips, clear bra will help protect your car.