G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

can the sedan look sharp without a drop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008 | 08:23 AM
I put G37 coupe wheels and tires (225/50/18) on my sedan. Raised my car a little since the tire diameter is a little larger. I put on z / coupe springs. I am really liking this setup. The wheel gap is gone. The larger tires help with rough roads. I am now only about .3 inch lower than stock vs being so low that I have to worry about scraping on anything.

can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-picture-003-reduced.jpg

can the sedan look sharp without a drop?-picture-007-reduced.jpg

Old 12-14-2008 | 12:20 PM
I had posted a lot earlier in this thread. I'll do a quick update.

* Eibach Pro-Kit springs front and rear
* SPC Front camber arms (didnt use hub spacers)
* SPC Rear Toe bolts and camber adjustable lower tie rods
* 17" stock wheels, 235/50/17 tires (I have stock upgraded chrome and black painted oem wheels)

The ride is good. Less suspension travel can make things a little bumpy on rough roads but this is Iowa.. so we have some really bad roads. I don't think I ever really hit the bump stops even with it lowered which is good. The progressive nature of the springs makes cornering a dream. With sticky rubber it corners fast and flat.

If you decide to drop I highly recommend you get a camber kit to get things back into alignment. After doing this project I just don't see how you can make any suspension changes and not get a kit. The stock adjustments are minimal for toe and camber on the rear and pretty much non existent on the front.

Old 12-14-2008 | 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Texan1
to update this thread as my earlier posts were b4 I lowered per my sig.

Driver side b4 & after

passenger side b4 & after

Thanks for posting your pics. I was wondering what my sedan would look like with Coupe 19's at stock height.

I don't want to drop my car because I don't want to modify my sedan at all. JUst tint and rims is all I am going to do. Plus i don't want to put larger tires on to fill the gap only to mess up my speedo.

Old 01-20-2009 | 04:50 PM
Alright, so I was reading different threads, and I have decided to go with Z-Front and Coupe-Back
I have a 2003 G Sedan with about 92K miles on it, time for new suspension. I want to buy new OEM struts and combine it with Z-Front and Coupe-Back springs. (my goal is just to lower the car a little, with a minimal lose of confort).
If this is a good way to go, what year and edition Z-Front and Coupe-Back springs do I get?

Old 01-20-2009 | 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by ResoG35Sedan
Alright, so I was reading different threads, and I have decided to go with Z-Front and Coupe-Back
I have a 2003 G Sedan with about 92K miles on it, time for new suspension. I want to buy new OEM struts and combine it with Z-Front and Coupe-Back springs. (my goal is just to lower the car a little, with a minimal lose of confort).
If this is a good way to go, what year and edition Z-Front and Coupe-Back springs do I get?
where do you live? I might be selling Eibach Pro springs - and possibly Tokico D-specs... The struts have maybe 1K miles - the springs are 2-3 years old... both are in perfect condition. I'm not positive if I'm selling both yet depends on if I get coil overs or just other springs (sportlines)...

The setup I have is great, it should work well for what you are looking for... I'm considering a lower drop and/or track worthy suspension.

If you are local (So Cal) and interested, let me know.

Old 01-21-2009 | 12:30 PM
OCG35:
I live in Salt Lake City, 84119......I will not be interested in Tokico's, because I had them on my Maxima and they were pretty stiff man, at least for my taste .........How much will you be asking for the Eibach springs?

Everyone:
Which would give me more comfortable ride, (Eibach Pro's) OR (OEM Z-Front & Coupe-Rear) springs?

Old 01-21-2009 | 12:33 PM
Tein H-Techs are the way to go if you want a smooth ride... They are a Tadsofter than the Aero package sport springs

Old 01-21-2009 | 01:33 PM
Alriiiiight.......I take Tein H-Tech's in my consideratioin, I do some more research before decision is made

Thanks for the input Hotdawwgman

Old 01-21-2009 | 07:06 PM
OCG35:
I live in Salt Lake City, 84119......I will not be interested in Tokico's, because I had them on my Maxima and they were pretty stiff man, at least for my taste .........How much will you be asking for the Eibach springs?

Everyone:
Which would give me more comfortable ride, (Eibach Pro's) OR (OEM Z-Front & Coupe-Rear) springs?
D-specs are adjustable (compression and rebound) - the softest setting is waaayyyy softer than OEM even the non-sport struts... maybe you used some other version of Tokico?

As for the springs, probably $100-$125? But I'm not sure shipping would be worth it for either of us - that’s why I was asking where you are located, think if local it might be an option for you.

Old 01-21-2009 | 07:09 PM
I can haz potato?
sabertooth tiger
Premier Member
OCG35:

Everyone:
I've got Eibach Pro 350z front and 03-04 unrevised 350z rear - and I'm getting complaints from my grandparents when I drive them around, lol. Personally, I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me too much, but I will admit that driving is somewhat rough. I've never had coupe springs so I cannot provide a comparison.

Old 01-21-2009 | 08:51 PM
i could have sworn I saw a thread showing pics of lowered sedans with the 05/06 sport 18"s but I cannot find it again. Anybody have any pics of their sedan with Z springs in front and coupe springs in rear with the 18s? Or know what thread im talking about?

Old 01-21-2009 | 09:10 PM
My g lowered on 07 z suspension/springs and coupe rear springs w/ oem 19's

Old 01-21-2009 | 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
D-specs are adjustable (compression and rebound) - the softest setting is waaayyyy softer than OEM even the non-sport struts... maybe you used some other version of Tokico?.
Oh ok.......yeah, I had either HP or Illiumina (or something like that), can't remember , but it was a set struts and springs and I've paid around $500 for them......I mean they were awsome, handeling was great, I just found them stiffer than I thought theyll be.......

Originally Posted by OCG35
As for the springs, probably $100-$125? But I'm not sure shipping would be worth it for either of us - that’s why I was asking where you are located, think if local it might be an option for you.
Yea, probably not man......but thanks for looking out man

Last edited by ResoG35Sedan; 01-22-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2009 | 09:35 PM
Thanks for posting the pix man......I saw your sedan many times before, but didn't know you have that same suspension combo I want . How does the ride compare to stock?

BTW your sedan + very clean + simply moded = 10/10 perfect

Old 01-21-2009 | 10:41 PM
Thanks for posting the pix man......I saw your sedan many times before, but didn't know you have that same suspension combo I want . How does the ride compare to stock?

BTW your sedan + very clean + simply moded = 10/10 perfect
lol thanks man. I just randomly start postin pics of my car wherever I can haha. It's for sale now though!

Compared to stock w/ the 19's it's a bit harsher than stock. But honestly, not to the point where it's bad. I love the ride and it's really not that drastic of a change. I've been in some rough cars before and this setup feels like a caddy compared to others. It really gives you a better feel for the car and gets you more in tune with the road. It also makes you more cautious on the road actually aka watching out for potholes, debris in the road, etc. Go with the setup. It's perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: can the sedan look sharp without a drop?