G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I've joined the club......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I've joined the club......

Yup. Except they never tried to make a move on me in my last car.. I had a nicely dinged up passenger door, and I was hoping some Excursion or something would someday try to do that too me, because I would have held my ground to get the free repair. *muahahahaha*

"I didn't have time to react, officer, he just came over.. I guess he likes to park that beast in the 'compact' spaces at the mall, too."

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL "He also told me that he dosent like police officers!"

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 03:39 PM
IQ9

LOL-he also said somehting about smelling bacon?

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 03-14-2003, 01:25 AM

nice to be back in the G again.. very refreshing..

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 AM

It feels amazing when you get your car back... I had been driving a protege for a month! It was werid though, for the first time I noticed how high the center console is and how everything is really centered around the driver and encloses you when you sit in it.... anyway......
Yeah, it basically looked exactly the same... the only things I've taken it back for is to have some little minor paint variations buffed out (roughness, orange peel, haziness) and a for little rattle that developed after about a month (which they fixed once but it came back ). When you get it back, wash it and try to walk around it with some kind of bright light to see any paint imperfections. If they're a good body shop, they'll blend more than just the part they replaced, so check the paint around the area too. Oh, and mine had light overspray on most of the car- something that you couldn't see but you could kinda feel it- they just waxed it off for me. I was really upset about getting in an accident and actually had nightmares of going to get my car and having it more messed up than it was when I left it (yeah- I literally had a dream of getting into it and having the center console ripped out or something...) but they did a really good job and I'm sure the place you took yours to will too- and if they don't, don't stop bugging them till its perfect. A good body shop should be able to restore your car to as good as new, so that's what you should expect... no.. demand Let us know how it turns out!

Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 AM

Daniele,

you're right..the first thing i noticed when i got back in the G was how close and accessible all the controls were.. anything you touch, push, turn, click, etc just gives you the feel that this is a well-made vehicle. the sunfire i was driving felt so cheap.. esp. the zigzag/zebra designed cloth seats... it was terrible.. you really appreciate just how great the G is compared to other cars..
as for the job done to it... i was very pleased.. i haven't had a chance to really take a close look at it yet.. they had washed it before i got there and waxed it too.. but it rained like 10 mins after i drove out of their lot.. when i get it cleaned again, i'll have to more closely inspect it.. they painted the damaged fender and blended into the right door panel too.. looks flawless from what i saw.. took everything apart before doing so. . none of that tape and paint crap you get at other places... it was sad, though, cuz i'm grannying that thing like crazy now.. last thing i want is another accident so it'll take me a while to gain the confidence back to drive like i wanna drive. hopefully, i won't have any problems with the work done to it later on. i don't want anymore hassles w/ it. it's kind of a disruption to your life..
anyway, everything turned out great and it was done quickly.. so don't fear.. another G is back on the road where it belongs!

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 03-14-2003, 12:09 PM

Hi..

When I got my G back after driving the loaner i35 and my old 92 camry i did notice how tall the center console of the G was.. haha I also noticed how much faster the G was than the I35.. .. I did have the same confidince problem.. but dont worry... it will go away in a few weeks

Drive safely..

..pestilence..

Old 03-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could always click off the VDC, and burn a couple of donuts or around corners! You know, just to make sure it still handles the same as before you had it repaired! [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 03-14-2003, 03:33 PM

haha and maybe even if theres a puddle of water....

..pestilence..

Old 03-15-2003, 06:09 AM

It's weird how paraniod you get after being in an accident. Every time I stop now I'm watching my rearview and complaining to myself when someone comes up on me fast or gets within 5 feet! I'm slowly feeling more comfortable... its just hard when you live in a city where you see an accident nearly every day

Old 03-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is how you drive defensively up here in the snow belt. You're never sure whether the guy stopping behind you has winter tires or even knows it's as icy as it really is.
I always make sure I have plenty of space in front of me and look in the mirror for the approaching vehicle. I creep forward as he's slowing depending on his speed, etc. It's saved me several times from being rear-ended in slippery conditions. Always glad when the roads dry up! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>