G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I've joined the club......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've joined the club......

...of accident victims... unfortunately, i, too, was in a fender-bender today.. no one was hurt, so that was good, but turns out that i messed up my front bumper, headlamp housing, possibly the edges of the vehicle immediately above the headlamps...
i have no idea how much it's gonna cost to fix, but already know it'll be a couple grand.. i had the aero body kit, so the front bumper won't be cheap to replace.. i heard the headlamps are freakin' expensive.. maybe i can get them to install the hids and put them in both or something.. who knows. i don't think anything was messed up internally.. the structure seems very stable, but i'm most concerned with the area above the headlamp where it meets the body of the car.. basically that piece above the wheel and before the hood.. the edge that meets the headlamp got bent in a little and you can see the paint is chipped there. i'm wondering if they can just bend that back or repair and paint it and not replace that whole piece.. it'll be pretty darn expensive if they do and will no doubt take a while to get that part in..
luckily, the other two cars had minimal damage and don't look like they need anything replaced.. just a few repairs and a little paint work. doesn't help that my parts are so freakin' expensive, but i guess that's why we have insurance.. man, now my premiums are gonna go up and i have quite a deductible to take care of too.. we don't get snow down here, but we do get that light rain that comes down just enough to slick the roads and make conditions quite horrible to drive in..
be careful out there, g-owners.. we've already heard of a few mishaps from members here, so you could be next, so drive extra safe, especially when conditions are bad...

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 03-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Re: I've joined the club......

damn dude... sorry to hear that.. hope your g gets well soon.. did you take it to the Infintii dealership yet? Are you going to get it repaired at Infiniti? and how did your accident occur?

..pestilence..

Old 03-06-2003, 01:06 AM
IQ9

Sorry about the collision. Your ins. prem may not go up automatically. There are alot of factors in rate increases. If this is your first claim on the policy you should be fine. Did you get cited at the scene? If not wait for the PD report-you may not be totally at fault. Watch your back on the other parties-if you don't get the claim turned in right away and the company doesn't contact them ASAP. They seem to almost always claim "BI"-bodily injury...bogus money claims. I hate dealing with them. Remember all that was said to you by the other parties and tell your claims adjustor ASAP. Give them everything you remember and wrote down.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 03-06-2003, 01:07 AM

i'm getting the insurance company to estimate the damages tomorrow and calling infiniti and let them know i'm bringing it in for repairs.. did infiniti take your car right away or did you have to call ahead and make an appointment for a later date? is the loaner indefinite till you get your car back? i'm worrying that it's gonna take a while to get the parts for mine so i'll have to have the loaner for an extended period of time..
bad conditions and my failing to adjust my driving to the bad weather caused it.. funny, cuz right before i was thinking how much i hated that kind of weather cuz that's the kind that makes accidents occur a little more easily, even though it's the drivers faults in most instances... i'm just happy for insurance..

Old 03-06-2003, 03:06 AM

damn man..

well to answer your questions
I towed my car straight to infiniti through infiniti roadside assistance... i left the car there for a few days and when the insurance adjuster accepts or approves the charges for the repairs then infiniti will give you a loaner until your car is repaired.. my advice would be take it to infiniti, call your insurance tell them its there and ask when they will go and take a look at it.

but still curious.. how did your accident happen??? I konw you might not wanna tell us.. but it cant be much worse than mine (taking off the vcd, making a sharp right turn in water).

)

..pestilence..

Old 03-06-2003, 06:15 PM

IQ,
yeah, i've had a really good driving record (no tickets) and still don't have any, actually.. the police realized it was just "one of those things that happens" and relieved me of the ticket.. i already filed the claim, got the insurance adjuster to estimate the damages, and it's currently in the shop with parts already on order.. i should have it back, good as new by next thursday.. my ins. company was a pleasure to deal with.. other than the deductible, i have nothing really to worry about right now.. for my next 6 month term, at least, i won't see increased rates.. maybe when my contract gets renewed, it won't actually go up much.. hopefully.. thanks for your concern and tips..

pest,
basically, i was exiting one highway and merged onto another.. i was trying to get into the freeway and out of the exit only lane.. it was a dark and drizzly during rush hour traffic.. the exit lane was packed and the freeway was filled with crazy fast drivers.. i had to find an opening while looking at the sea of lights ahead of me.. when i saw an opening, i went for the lane change but brushed into the person in front of me with the front right part of my car.. it scraped up their bumper, but it seems intact.. no tears or breaks in the bumper.. scraped the muffler, but there were no dents in it at all.. that car went forward and hit a truck, which actually bent down the entire bumper (i guess trucks aren't made like they use to be).. in the state of texas, regardless of the situation, if you rear end someone, you're at fault.. i didn't get a ticket cuz the cops knew i wasn't driving recklessly.. conditions were bad and to do what i needed to do with no chance of a fender bender, i'd need to sets of eyes.. oh well.. it happened.. can't do anything about it now. i just want to get my baby back! i know exactly how you feel.. ppl can sympathize, but until it actually happens, you really don't know what it's like..
none of the infiniti's in houston have body shops, so i had to go to one referred to me by them and my insurance company.. everything's been good so far.. but i didn't get an infiniti loaner.. i'm stuck driving a pontiac sunfire......eh.. at least i get good gas mileage!

Old 03-06-2003, 07:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident! I know how you feel- hopefully you'll get yours back faster than I got mine!!!
Do any Inifniti dealerships have body shops? The one here in Denver doesn't so I went to the place they recommended (just like you did) and the place did an amazing job. Hope you have the same experience!

Old 03-06-2003, 10:16 PM

thanks Daniele..
yeah, i thought infiniti would have body shops or at least refer you to nissan.. but they actually referred me to a toyota dealership's body shop.. anyway, the place i went to was certified w/ my insurance company and recommended.. everything they do is under warranty.. so if the workmanship is bad, then i can get it done over.. but there really isn't much they have to do.. paint my fender.. the bumper comes painted already.. and the headlight is one part that you just have to install.. so there isn't much exterior stuff that'll look bad.. i'm sure they'll do a great job..
how does it feel when you finally get your car back? did it look just as new?

Old 03-06-2003, 11:57 PM
IQ9

Its my industry so I wanted you to get some unbaised info. If you have any question PM me and I will see if I can get you an answer. Insurance can be a mirky beast but knowing you havw another source for answers should help. Fell free to ask and that goes for anyone here on the site

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 03-08-2003, 05:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

IQ9, Cool bro thanks.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
KongzGx, Good luck with your repairs. She'll be back good as new soon.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-13-2003, 12:56 PM

finally getting my G back today! it wasn't too long of a wait.. hopefully, it'll look as good as new... it'll be hard giving up the sunfire though... sniff... yeah right!
if i learned anything from this.... don't ever buy a sunfire..
and keep at least three car lengths between you on the person in front of you when it's rainy..

Old 03-13-2003, 01:09 PM

hehe its good to hear you got your car back Im very familiar with the feeling.. hehe

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, you should keep a 4-second buffer between you and the car in front of you when it's rainy (that compensates nicely for freeway speeds). 2-seconds in the dry -- unless you're in Southern California, then you have to stay within 2 inches or you'll get cut off. (4 inches in the rain.) [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-13-2003, 01:58 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with your 'renewed' ride dude. Nice to get 'back in the saddle'. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-13-2003, 02:06 PM

ryoken, I hear you on the buffer. Same goes for the Silicon Valley, if there's a half car length between vehicles, someone will try and move into it - even if they're in an Excursion!

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I've joined the club......