G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Driver Seat Right Track Locked Up! Help Please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kazaam35x
I had the same problem in my impala, it was a coin that fell in the track and jammed it up.
Not the same problem. This was the fault of poor design. PLASTIC GEARING.
P.S. impalas are super sweet. haha

Old 09-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone,
I have the same problem here..
to make a long short story the dealer broke my seat and I need to change the track/motor for a total of 1000$..
they'll probably try to make me a deal on the price of the part since the seat broke in there hand but They don't want to cover the hole price..

Anyway, for the moment my seat is in almost correct position and im able to drive my car, but I can't move the seat. (I"m worry about safety here!!)
Now, I've call some place and found used power seat.
but I don't really want to buy a 2003 Seat again and then probably and up with the same problem.
What Year can fit ''bolt on'' on a premium 2003.5 Sedan. I mean Wires and air bag connector compatibility too!!.
I want to stay with Sedan seats not coupe..

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened to me a little while ago too. Since everyone has the same problem, on the same track on the same side, this is a design problem. Dealer also wanted $1100 from me for a whole new motor unit as there are no separate parts available to fix (disgraceful IMO). I mean, jeez, how much more is a whole seat??

The dealer did not even take the seat out to have a look - just told me the whole unit needs to be replaced. I wound up putting a coupe seat in that I purchased used, which is fine except you give up the function where the seat slides back/forward when you get out/in the car.

So your best option is looking for a used seat, and if you get a sedan seat that old (03) then yes, I'd be worried about it happening again. Nissan really needs to step up with this problem but there is no indication they will.

The only shred of good news is swapping out the seat is easy.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM
I had the same problem and ended up buying the part and just using the plactic gear. The Front Seat Adjuster Assmebly part costs $424. I still have the seat assembly minus 1 of the gears. Their is a second platic gear for the other track. Anyone need a plastic gear to fix thier seat track? I will sell the entire assembly for $200.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
If I move my seat up/back, it clicks.......click-click-click. the only time I hear it is when I adjust after my wife drives. I hope it does not break!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey guys I had this issue with my driver seat as well. PM me if you're interested in getting an entire assembly under $350.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
i am having this issue.. i m gonna have to take a look at it in the next few weeks.. funny thing is i don't even use the seat adjustments too much.. maybe ONCE a month to move it a little forward or back.. i dont even use that auto exit/entry business.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm having this problem as well. It is my right track and the little white plastic gear is stripped. Does anyone know if this is the problem of if the track is frozen in general?
Thanks
Brian

Old 09-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Here is pics of the gear.......is there something wrong with the track or is it only this gear?

Attached Thumbnails Driver Seat Right Track Locked Up! Help Please.-dsc_0082-1.jpg   Driver Seat Right Track Locked Up! Help Please.-dsc_0083-1.jpg   Driver Seat Right Track Locked Up! Help Please.-dsc_0085.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by bruther
Here is pics of the gear.......is there something wrong with the track or is it only this gear?
It should only be the gear. I had the exact same problem. Once that gear gets slightly damaged it begins to shred its self apart. STUPID PLASTIC!!! Fortunately I found a seat at the salvage yard that had been damaged and they were going to throw it away so they gave me the part for free. Infiniti will make you purchase the entire seat frame rather then sell you the gear by itself. Or you can go to a salvage yard and pick up a frame or maybe even an entire seat for around $100. If you do end up just getting the gear somewhere make sure you vacuum and clean the track, and use plenty of grease on the gear. feel free to PM me if you need a hand with anything.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by ITSAGTHING
It should only be the gear. I had the exact same problem. Once that gear gets slightly damaged it begins to shred its self apart. STUPID PLASTIC!!! Fortunately I found a seat at the salvage yard that had been damaged and they were going to throw it away so they gave me the part for free. Infiniti will make you purchase the entire seat frame rather then sell you the gear by itself. Or you can go to a salvage yard and pick up a frame or maybe even an entire seat for around $100. If you do end up just getting the gear somewhere make sure you vacuum and clean the track, and use plenty of grease on the gear. feel free to PM me if you need a hand with anything.
Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I bought a track and replaced the gear on my car. Works great. I now have an extra gear if someone would like to purchase. I want 75 since I paid 150 for the whole track.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Why don't you just take whats remaining of the plastic gear off the railing system, take it to a metal fabricator and tell him to copy it? Its gotta be a whole lot cheaper than anything else and probably last for the life of the vehicle.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Need help with driver seat problem

From reading your comments, it sounds like you have gone through the pain o fixing this and may be able to help a little with mine. I have had this problem with sliding back and forth for a while now. All this while it would keep moving with some grinding noise. Last weekend, it just stopped moving at all. When I press the slider switch on the seat, I hear a click and nothing happens. Do you think its the rail or the gear. Im hoping my motor hasnt gone bad.

Thanks for your help,

PK

Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 AM
From reading your comments, it sounds like you have gone through the pain o fixing this and may be able to help a little with mine. I have had this problem with sliding back and forth for a while now. All this while it would keep moving with some grinding noise. Last weekend, it just stopped moving at all. When I press the slider switch on the seat, I hear a click and nothing happens. Do you think its the rail or the gear. Im hoping my motor hasnt gone bad.

Thanks for your help,

PK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver Seat Right Track Locked Up! Help Please.