G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Swapping Sedan/Coupe seats in 03 - wiring info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any update on passanger side?For some reason my heated seats wont work?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not install the passenger side coupe seats I bought because I had some concerns with them (bought them used). Once I made that decision, there was no point in pursuing the heat since I'd only have it on the driver side.

The driver side wiring that Nathan indicated is accurate for the power seat functions. I did not hook up the heater wires but I expect if I did as he indicated I would get the same result (high heat only). I would expect to have gotten the same result for heat on the passenger side had I installed the coupe seat because there were only 2 other wires left on the harness (4 total).

It's pretty clear there is a missing link for low/high heat to work, something outside of the wires that exist in the harnesses. If you had a Coupe seat wiring diagram it could be possible to narrow it down and figure out what needs to be done. IMO no one who has swapped 03 coupe seats in an 03 sedan has the heat working properly (low/high) I'd bet.

To 03Sg35 - I think looking here for info is not going to help you because you installed 04 coupe seats correct? Since you had a direct plugin on the driver side with everything working, and that is different when an 03 coupe seat is installed, I would expect the passenger seat wiring to be different also.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Anyone have any info on what to do when you have memory controls? I am at a loss on how to get this seat to work.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
My coupe seats didn't have memory so I'm not 100% sure. I would guess there is either another power connection you need to keep memory or there is a module that it is looking to interface with.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Angry

yes there is a module box under the seat....anyone have any ideas on how to bypass this....

Old 08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Bump for passenger seat wiring guide please!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
passenger seat is way easier than driver, what colors you got on your coupe seats mark

and did you have heated seats in the car before? what about the new coupe seats?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
This post is a little bit off topic, but still hopefully relevent.

I swapped my sedan drivers seat for another sedan seat, 03.5 for 05 to be specific. I had worn down the springs and cushion in my original seat to the point is was no longer usable. I tried to get an exact match, but unfortunately that wasn't possible. I switched from a non-heated, memory seat to a heated, non-memory seat. The seat belt and airbag connectors were exactly the same, but the power connections were different. My factory wiring harness uses a 12-pin connector, the replacement (non-memory) seat uses a 4-pin (black, red, yellow, yellow) connector.

Using elements of this thread, a voltmeter and a little common sense, I was able to make the proper wiring splices to make it work. Now the good stuff. On the 12-pin harness, the always-on hot lead (so the seat will work even when the key is not in the ignition) is the black wire. The ground lead is the thick white wire. The hot lead on the 4-pin seat connector is the black wire. The ground lead is the red wire. I used a $2 splice kit, some 16 gauge wire, and a couple of termination plugs to connect black-to-black and white-to-red and voila!

Different combinations of seat features will require different splices, but hopefully somebody will find this information helpful. Good luck and thanks to everybody for their incredible insight on this forum!!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
this would be helpful to be stickied...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
hey guys. I just wanted to throw in what I learned today:

All I had to do was take the harness off the new coupe seat and swap it with the harness on my sedan seat. I am not talking about the car harness but the one that goes in between the car harness and actual seat it self...

Heres the info

Original 2005 g35 sedan sport fully loaded nav, and auto memory heated seats.
New seat is 2006 g35 coupe driver seat heated, it has the 2 memory and set button but no auto/ cancel switch on it.

I decided to tear both seats apart. my original harness swapped out with the coupe. I only had 2 problems.

1) there was 2 small black ones that my old harness didn't have but my seat is 100% functional. I believe the coupes have a feature when someone pulls the lever on the back not only does the seat fold up it also moves forward for them to get out. Since I have a sedan there is no need for that and it doesn't bother me( as I didn't have that feature before)

2) the side plastic covers that have the set 1 and 2 memory buttons are different. What I did was take my switches and plug it to my coupe seat. The coupe seat didn't have the cut out for the auto/ cancel button but I don't care. As driving a Stick that feature is useless so I just left it on auto and secured it on the inside.( the 6mt's do not roll all the way back to let you know when shut off)

The differences are the 2 extra plugs that I left unplugged, and of course the memory had different plugs since mine had the extra button.

So my end result is a fully functional seat, works 100% as my original sedan seat worked, minus having the ability to use the "cancel"

Just A heads up for everyone else. This is what worked for me. just did it today. It wasnt that hard to swap the stuff. It took me 2 hrs because I didn't even like at the wiring diagram and was doing other things. but If I did it again it shouldn't take more than 15 mins each seat to take the harness off. I figure this may help people if you don't want to splice any wires.

Last edited by boostedforlife; 02-15-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 06 sedan with 8 way/heated seats no memory option. I getting 06 coupe seats with same exacted options has mine 8 way/heated no memory. Do ya'll think that will be direct swap plug and play for both seats. I haven't got the seats yet so I was trying to get prepared. Should get them in bout 2 weeks. . Thanks for any help

Old 03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
bump

Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
no one can answer that for sure....but I'd say you have a good shot at it being direct swap, if not just splice the wires, the info in this thread is very informative.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
yea it was a long shot. hopefully i'll get lucky

Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Well i got my coupe seats in today and they do have memory option. My sedan seats don't have the memory so the plugs r different the coupe has 12 wires and sedan as 4. So i hooked up the wires as said above and the seat doesn't work. when i press the forward button i hear it make a clicking noise. Does any one know if u have to bypass the memory option in order for the seat to work? I see people talk about bypassing a control module

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Swapping Sedan/Coupe seats in 03 - wiring info