G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Swapping Sedan/Coupe seats in 03 - wiring info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
did u swap the whole harness?

I swapped the whole harness, I kept all of the plugs from the coupe seat except for I transferred over my original switch, which had a different plug.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005g35sedan i sent u a pm. want to ask u a question r 2 b4 i get started. thanks

Old 04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
I installed a set of 06 coupe seats (premium, none heated seats) in my 03 (premium, none heated seats) this weekend using a combination of the below posted info. Thanks guys!

The passenger side seat I spliced the following wires together
From your factory wire - to coupe seat wire
Black - Thick Black
White - Thick Red AND Thick Red with a white line
These are the power wires for the seat controls. (see below for other wires for the heated seat controls)

For the drivers side seat, I swapped the harnesses over from my seat to the coupe seat as described below by 2005g35sedanyay. One of the main harness plugs would not mate up to the control harness assembly found under each seat. I went ahead and swapped the control assembly as well. My results were the exact same as described below by 2005g35sedanyay.

I love this forum...threads like this made my job ALOT easier Thanks!

Originally Posted by NathanJax
If it's not raining here... it's a freaking 100 degrees...

Not the greatest picture in the world, but you kinda get the idea.

From your factory wire - to coupe seat wire

Black - Thick Black

White - Thick Red AND Thick Red with a white line

Grey with Blue Stripe - Thick Yellow green stripe

Light Green with Black Stripe - Thick Yellow
Originally Posted by 2005g35sedanyay
hey guys. I just wanted to throw in what I learned today:

All I had to do was take the harness off the new coupe seat and swap it with the harness on my sedan seat. I am not talking about the car harness but the one that goes in between the car harness and actual seat it self...

Heres the info

Original 2005 g35 sedan sport fully loaded nav, and auto memory heated seats.
New seat is 2006 g35 coupe driver seat heated, it has the 2 memory and set button but no auto/ cancel switch on it.

I decided to tear both seats apart. my original harness swapped out with the coupe. I only had 2 problems.

1) there was 2 small black ones that my old harness didn't have but my seat is 100% functional. I believe the coupes have a feature when someone pulls the lever on the back not only does the seat fold up it also moves forward for them to get out. Since I have a sedan there is no need for that and it doesn't bother me( as I didn't have that feature before)

2) the side plastic covers that have the set 1 and 2 memory buttons are different. What I did was take my switches and plug it to my coupe seat. The coupe seat didn't have the cut out for the auto/ cancel button but I don't care. As driving a Stick that feature is useless so I just left it on auto and secured it on the inside.( the 6mt's do not roll all the way back to let you know when shut off)

The differences are the 2 extra plugs that I left unplugged, and of course the memory had different plugs since mine had the extra button.

So my end result is a fully functional seat, works 100% as my original sedan seat worked, minus having the ability to use the "cancel"

Just A heads up for everyone else. This is what worked for me. just did it today. It wasnt that hard to swap the stuff. It took me 2 hrs because I didn't even like at the wiring diagram and was doing other things. but If I did it again it shouldn't take more than 15 mins each seat to take the harness off. I figure this may help people if you don't want to splice any wires.

The following users liked this post:
03Sedan6MT (02-14-2016)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got on 05, just got 03 coupe seats, will it fit?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribed. this will help out for when i sell my black coupe seats.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
And will help me figure out how to make them work if they're not plug and play. I'm hoping since it's an 05-05 swap they'll drop right in.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
i got some 04 sedan seats with heated and memory seats
trying to put it on my 03 doggy sedan but i cant find the power wil ani off you guys to to this

Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 AM
omp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be looking at getting some V35 coupe seats into my '03 V35 sedan. The sedan has base model seats, so manually operated, no heat and no air bags. Would coupe seats be able to be fitted? I know I would have to have the seat positioning hooked up as I don't believe there are manually operated coupe seats. Is this possible? Is it a simple matter of providing the seat with 12V and that's it?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I realize this thread is really old but I am hoping someone can help with my install. I bought some seats out of an 06 coupe and am having a hard time figuring out how to wire them up. I don't mind splicing wires but if its possible to remove the wiring harness from one seat and put it on the other I would prefer that. Where is the harness?

"All I had to do was take the harness off the new coupe seat and swap it with the harness on my sedan seat. I am not talking about the car harness but the one that goes in between the car harness and actual seat it self..."

Is it not on the seat? Am I taking all of the wiring off of the old seat and putting it on the new seat?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
^ the harness should be on the seat, it's the main one that splits into 3~4 plugs that go to the control module, seat switch, heater and motor. You should be able to swap it with the one from your sedan's seat. However if you didn't have heated seat in your sedan, I'm not sure how the sedan harness could power up the coupe heated seat since the harness might not have the plugs for the heater. Maybe someone can chime in here.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 AM
After posting this I got the passenger side all setup. Swapped the wiring over and changed the seat rail with the motor. Going to do the drivers side tomorrow..hopefully I wont have any problems

Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by G35Papa
I installed a set of 06 coupe seats (premium, none heated seats) in my 03 (premium, none heated seats) this weekend using a combination of the below posted info. Thanks guys!

The passenger side seat I spliced the following wires together

These are the power wires for the seat controls. (see below for other wires for the heated seat controls)

For the drivers side seat, I swapped the harnesses over from my seat to the coupe seat as described below by 2005g35sedanyay. One of the main harness plugs would not mate up to the control harness assembly found under each seat. I went ahead and swapped the control assembly as well. My results were the exact same as described below by 2005g35sedanyay.

I love this forum...threads like this made my job ALOT easier Thanks!
On the driver side seat, did you gain heated seat function from the coupe seat? Does the harness from your 03 sedan non heated seat have the plugs for the 06 coupe heated seat?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by sh0rtys463
After posting this I got the passenger side all setup. Swapped the wiring over and changed the seat rail with the motor. Going to do the drivers side tomorrow..hopefully I wont have any problems
Glad you got the passenger side worked out. Did you get the heated seat to work though?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:46 AM
No I didn't try to do anything with the heated seats. I may try to run a power source and switch to them but really don't need them in So Cal

Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead.

Im trying to test the power recline on my 04 coupe passenger seat. Which of these wires is GND?
Also, does anybody know if the switch can be removed and swapped?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Swapping Sedan/Coupe seats in 03 - wiring info