G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Terminating My Lease Early =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminating My Lease Early =(

For some reasons, I have to part with my G35 Sedan. Has anyone used the early termination program? If so, what was your experience? I have listed my G on leasetrader.com for 4 months so far and still no response. Any comments are appreciated. I have 2 1/2 years left on my lease.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Re: Terminating My Lease Early =(

You are going to loose money with lease termination I tried it once and they said "sure just pay off the next 24 months payments remaining and you can return the car to the closest dealership us" I was like are you really serious. The next option was to have someone buy the car for the price they told me it was worth at the time. You just might have to get careless and park in a bad neighborhood and forget to lock the car with the engine running. I mean not on purpose of course.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:30 AM

Haha that's one way.

My recommendation is to buy the car out the lease, IFS will give you the financing and you can go from lease to purchase.

Then once you have it, just try and sell it conventionally.

Now, you may still lose money, it just depends on what you owe on the car's lease right now.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:49 AM

"My recommendation is to buy the car out the lease, IFS will give you the financing and you can go from lease to purchase.

Then once you have it, just try and sell it conventionally.

Now, you may still lose money, it just depends on what you owe on the car's lease right now."

Thanks for the responses, is the purchase price negotiable?

Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "purchase price" is basically what you still owe on the lease, plus the residual value. It sounds like you're only about 6-12 months into the lease, so the car is going to be worth less than that.

If you're trying to just walk away from the thing, your best bet would be to find somebody to assume your lease payments.

Or you can sell the car and pay the dollar amount the finance company wants to payoff/buyout the lease.

The residual value may or may not be negotiable, depending on your finance company. It doesn't hurt to ask. It probably isn't, though, at least not this early in the game. They have no reason to give you anything. Now, at the end of your lease, after you've made all the payments and have the option to turn it in or buy it out, if the car is worth significantly less than the residual, they may be willing to let you buy it for something in-between instead of walking away. Right now, though, I doubt they'll budge.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:34 AM

Ok, here is the reason, I am over mileage, from this information I will most likely drive it significantly less (I commute 64 miles a day). I am in 12 months into my lease, so I guess I will wait 12 and a half more to see what happens. I learned my lesson the hard way, leasing is not for me! Thanks again.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Staff ALUMNI

Another option is to take it to Carmax and have them appraise it and see how much they will give you. Surprisingly when I went to trade/sell my sedan to get the coupe they offered me top dollar for my sedan. They also rated it "Excellent", so it is worth a try. Good luck.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 05-10-2004, 12:03 PM

ah, in that case just drive the car and then you can buy it at the end of the lease. The purchase price is already set under the assunption you would have use exactly the amount of miles you leased for. Secondly if you are going to get another infiniti after the lease is up you can easily have the dealership wave the cost of the extra miles taking that its not DOUBLE the amount of miles leased for. Or even better is if infiniti have a pull-ahead special they will allow you to return you car as long as you are not over the total mileage for your lease contract and then buy or lease another one from them. I remember acurea had on about nine months and Audi had on towards the end of last year.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:14 PM

Another thing to keep in mind is figure out about how many miles over you expect to be at the end of the lease. How much will your mileage penalty be if you turn the car in? You don't want to do anything now that's going to cost you a lot more than that fee. Also, figure out what the car would be worth on the market at the end of the lease with the extra miles.. if you were to buyout the car and sell it off then, would you break even? Lose more or less than the mileage penalty?

What kind of mileage are we talking about here? What's the mileage allowance on your lease?

Old 05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can also check out www.leasetrader.com for folks willing to take over your lease.

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

Old 05-10-2004, 05:06 PM

You sound just like me about 2 months ago. Mileage was one of the many reasons I got out of my lease on a 350z. Others include rattles, worn out tires/brakes, need for more space/backseat, etc...

I had the Z for less than 5 months, took a several $K hit to get out of it. I was broke for a bit but am much happier now with the G.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:16 PM

I am allowed 15,000 miles per year, $.15 for every mile I am over, and at the END of lease if I decide to keep it, it will cost me $21,500.00 (does that sound reasonable?). Its a 42 month lease and I am 12 months into it. Currently I have 22,000 miles, which I stopped driving a week ago.

Hey ya, you were only in 5 months into your lease and you paid only 1k to get out? If it is, that is great.

I didnt expect to get all these responses =).

Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 PM

No, it was a several thousand dollar hit....I wish it were only 1k

If I could do over, rather than trade the Z for G. I would have tried to sell the Z on my own, pay the difference between what I got and the amount owed on the lease out of pocket, pay off the lease and then start fresh with the G.

I ended up paying only part of the difference and rolling a few k into the G's financing...Not the best idea but I got a great rate so the interest isn't hurting much. Plus I'm paying more than I need to monthly to get this thing paid off sooner.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions/want more info...

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:29 AM

That 21K for a 3 1/2 yr old car with 52,000 miles on it sounds like a rip off to me.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 05-12-2004, 08:05 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm so glad I bought mine instead of leasing it. I don't know
how you can keep the miles off the odometer. It's so fun
to drive. Mine has 40K miles already, still loving it!

2003 TwBlue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards, HKS exhaust,
14 wire Grounding kit, 350Z duct, Stillen CAI
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled alum pedals

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Terminating My Lease Early =(