G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2006 G35 Sedan seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35 Sedan seat question

Hi guys. I just bought a secondhand G35 (2006) sedan and I've got a question regarding the driver seat function. I remember that the first time I test drove the car, I got in and adjusted the seat to my liking, and then when I finished the test drive and shut off the engine, the seat would move back and the steering wheel would move up automatically. The agent told me that this was to allow easy exit from the vehicle, and that the next time I got in and started the car, it would return to the memorized position.

Well, this has not happened after I programmed in my own seat and steering wheel positions, and I'm wondering if something's broken or if I simply just screwed up somewhere.

Here are the procedure that I used to program in my own setting:

1. With the car off, I adjusted the seat + steering wheel position to my liking
2. Turn ignition to "ON" position
3. Press the "SET" button and then the "1" button for one full second.

I did the same thing for the other position only this one was for someone else.

I also made sure that the switch is left at "AUTO".

Can anyone offer some ideas?

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK...So I am very new (bought my 06 yesterday).

I pulled out my quick reference guide, as I plan to also do this today.

The only differences I see from what you did were:

Turn the ignition switch to on before you adjust the seat and make sure it is set to auto before you program it.

When you push set, the 1 and 2 should light up.

Within 5 seconds push and hold the 1 or 2 for 1 second.

Afterwards, push the unlock button on your intelligent key to associate it with that key. the memory button chosen should blink about 10 times.

Good Luck,

Dave

Old 12-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by DKatman
OK...So I am very new (bought my 06 yesterday).

I pulled out my quick reference guide, as I plan to also do this today...

Dave
Thanks, Dave, for the reply. I actually got the memory /key association thing worked out successfully, the only problem is that when I turn off the ignition at the end of my drive, the seat doesn't move back automatically, and neither will the steering wheel move up automatically, both of which I've observed at the end of my test drive.

Come to think of it, perhaps all the agent did was to press the unlock button just as I turned off the ignition, which caused the seat to move back to the memorized configuration, and then simply lied to me about it being an automatic feature that makes it easier for me to get out.

Anyway, this is more of a curiosity thing than a real concern.

Thanks again!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
It will move back all the way and then return to it's preset position when set correctly.

My question is actually the opposite. Is there a way to disable the feature of having the seat move back when the door is opened after turning off the car? I'm tall, so my seat is pretty far back, and when it moves back, it crushes the legs of whoever is behind me. Also, nobody can get in behind me until I start the car and my seat moves up. It's a nice feature, but can it be disabled when i know i'll have people in my rear seat?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
It will move back all the way and then return to it's preset position when set correctly.

My question is actually the opposite. Is there a way to disable the feature of having the seat move back when the door is opened after turning off the car? I'm tall, so my seat is pretty far back, and when it moves back, it crushes the legs of whoever is behind me. Also, nobody can get in behind me until I start the car and my seat moves up. It's a nice feature, but can it be disabled when i know i'll have people in my rear seat?
Well, if someone can tell me exactly what I did to CANCEL this feature, that'd be great. I personally quite like the automatic retraction of the seat and elevation of the steering wheel.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I found it.

Section 3-34 of the manual

"The entry/exit function can be activated or cancelled by pressing and holding the SET switch for more than 10 seconds while the ignition switch is in the LOCK position. The indicator light will blink once when the function is cancelled and twice with the funtion is activated."

Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I found it.

Section 3-34 of the manual

"The entry/exit function can be activated or cancelled by pressing and holding the SET switch for more than 10 seconds while the ignition switch is in the LOCK position. The indicator light will blink once when the function is cancelled and twice with the funtion is activated."
Thank you, thank you , thank you, thank you! For the life of me i could not find that in my manual, for some weird reason.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent! and good job! I did set mine up right after my first post.

I did check out my setup after I left the seat, wondering how it would be for someone sitting behind me. It took a second or two for me to realize the seat was ALL the way back, and I see what Mustang is talking about.

But screw them! It's your car. They can wait.

Dave