G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

HELP!! with warranty work!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP!! with warranty work!

I need some help guys with getting some work done. My warranty is up this month for my 05 sedan and the fcompression rods have been creaking sooo bad the last few months. Well, I bring it to the dealer today and they can't replicate the problem and I'm not sure I can either as the cold weather now seems to disguise the problem! They can't fix it if they can't replicate it and I don't want to pay to get it done when it gets warm. Help!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevcoG35
I need some help guys with getting some work done. My warranty is up this month for my 05 sedan and the fcompression rods have been creaking sooo bad the last few months. Well, I bring it to the dealer today and they can't replicate the problem and I'm not sure I can either as the cold weather now seems to disguise the problem! They can't fix it if they can't replicate it and I don't want to pay to get it done when it gets warm. Help!
Bona fide warranty claims can only be denied in good faith. You make a bona fide (genuine) claim within the express limited warranty period. It is denied because the defect cannot be replicated or discovered. If the latent defective condition manifests itself again after the expiration of the warranty period, the burden would lie with the dealer/ manufacturer to demonstrate that it is not the latent defective condition originally complained of.

Otherwise what is to prevent all dealers from fraudulently denying warranty claims (on behalf of manufacturers) immediately prior to the express limited warranty expiration? (So that the owners would be forced to pay for the repair after the warranty expires).

Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm english please! For the first time I agree with Athens! Great post.

I just had a local dealer have my car for 3 days attempting to troubleshoot my front end noise. They first thought it was the compression rods and told me I would have to pay $300 to fix it. I asked about the TSB regarding the rods since my vehicle is still under warranty and the service writer claimed he hadn't heard about it and his tech would have informed him if one existed. less than 3 minutes of searching on infinitihelp thanks to this forum and I called him back with the TSB number...sure enough they covered it under warranty. I get a call the next morning stating the noise is still there...they "think" its the sway bar link this time...and it will cost me $150.00 to fix. I told them to stop working on my car and I will look at it myself since I would technically have been out $300 and now they wanted $150 more to "think" they found the problem. I drove the car home and took apart the front suspension to find a blown front strut. It took me 30 minutes to find this issue. I was very dissapointed with the service I received and even though the car is still under warranty I will not be taking my car back there. sorry just had to rant a little there.

Make sure they note in your records the complaint since they always note the services that are declined by the owner. I noticed the same dealer noted that I painted my brake calipers and asked why that was an issue. They assumed I removed the calipers and spray painted them which could cause future braking issues. I became very upset by this since I brush painted them while still on the vehicle and insisted that they change the wording and boldly asked that if they have any future questions regarding my vehicle to ask before they make there notes. grrrr I hate dealerships.

/rant