G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New owner of an 06 G35x, a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of an 06 G35x, a couple of questions

Hi all, I've been visiting this site a few weeks before purchasing a low miles 06 G35x and got to say this site is truly informative.

Now the car is on its way to Phoenix (first time buying a car from ebay and based my decision solely on the seller's ratings and the history report) and my questions are:

1) will the local dealership or Infiniti be able to tell want services and TSBs been done to the car, I'd think they can track the records thru the VIN?

2) I think it makes sense to get an inspection but will it reveals problems liked compression rods and oil pooling between the spark plug tube seal #6?

3) Should I take it to a dealership for inspection ($$$) or a local gargage I used before? How much you think such inspection should cost (est.)

Thanks for you help!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
An Infiniti Dealer can check the service history, as long as the work was previously done at a Infiniti Dealership. They should be able to tell if any TSBs or recalls have been done on the car. Even though it would cost a bit more I would get them to check the car over while you are there.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
An Infiniti Dealer can check the service history, as long as the work was previously done at a Infiniti Dealership. They should be able to tell if any TSBs or recalls have been done on the car. Even though it would cost a bit more I would get them to check the car over while you are there.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Yeah... +1

Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
congrats on the buy... gotta say your ballsier than me... i would never buy a car without putting it on a lift first.... good luck bro!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the club brotha.. i would def suggest just going to the infiniti dealer and getting everything done there.. atleast for the first time so you know exactly what you need to know. Congrats on the buy.. With every new year.. theres a new G to mod.. =)

Old 01-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Larry Y
Hi all, I've been visiting this site a few weeks before purchasing a low miles 06 G35x and got to say this site is truly informative.

Now the car is on its way to Phoenix (first time buying a car from ebay and based my decision solely on the seller's ratings and the history report) and my questions are:

1) will the local dealership or Infiniti be able to tell want services and TSBs been done to the car, I'd think they can track the records thru the VIN?
I was in a similar position - bought a used G and since it had a bit of warranty left on it and a clean title history I decided to take a chance on it (though I did get to see it and drive it first). Anyhow, I took it over to the dealer and they were able to pull up the history of services done at other dealers. As far as TSBs, there are no recalls on Gs that they would need to check for (that I know of), but like I said they should be able to tell if any warranty work has been done in the past.

What area are you in? At least a Phoenix car should have not seen much if any winter weather! Good luck!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by snotf
congrats on the buy... gotta say your ballsier than me... i would never buy a car without putting it on a lift first.... good luck bro!
In a week or so, we shall see if it is a truly a good deal or I got myself a lemon. I am "hoping" this is an honest seller and I just happened to land on a great deal. Supposedly the place sold over 500 plus cars and it has always exceeded buyers' expectations.

I thought it was a great deal but the old saying 'if it is too good to be true...') - 2006 G35x premium package with 28,000 miles, warranty until 11/2010 for $16,500.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by AVATAR77
I was in a similar position - bought a used G and since it had a bit of warranty left on it and a clean title history I decided to take a chance on it (though I did get to see it and drive it first). Anyhow, I took it over to the dealer and they were able to pull up the history of services done at other dealers. As far as TSBs, there are no recalls on Gs that they would need to check for (that I know of), but like I said they should be able to tell if any warranty work has been done in the past.

What area are you in? At least a Phoenix car should have not seen much if any winter weather! Good luck!
It is the other way around. I am in Phoenix buying the G from a dealer in Ohio! The car was originally registered in NY so two winters worth of road salt from the east coast.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by AceG35X
Welcome to the club brotha.. i would def suggest just going to the infiniti dealer and getting everything done there.. atleast for the first time so you know exactly what you need to know. Congrats on the buy.. With every new year.. theres a new G to mod.. =)
Thanks! I am thinking only 2 minor mods - tint and clear corners. I think I may go with 25% as well. Do you have any pics posted? Is it too dark? By the way, how hard is it to install the clear corners? I 'like' to think I am handy and I can do it as long as it comes with instructions.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks! I am thinking only 2 minor mods - tint and clear corners. I think I may go with 25% as well. Do you have any pics posted? Is it too dark? By the way, how hard is it to install the clear corners? I 'like' to think I am handy and I can do it as long as it comes with instructions.
Clear corners are extremely easy to install, it only takes a few minutes to do the change.
Here is a pic of my last 05 G35X with 35% tint and clear corners. For me 25% is too dark but it certainly looks good. I went with 35% tint on my 07 X as well.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Clear corners are extremely easy to install, it only takes a few minutes to do the change.
Here is a pic of my last 05 G35X with 35% tint and clear corners. For me 25% is too dark but it certainly looks good. I went with 35% tint on my 07 X as well.

Is your 05 in Lakeshore Slate ext color? Mine is supposed to be Lakeshore Slate so this picture helps me greatly (don't need to try too hard to visualize the mods in my head)!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Is your 05 in Lakeshore Slate ext color? Mine is supposed to be Lakeshore Slate so this picture helps me greatly (don't need to try too hard to visualize the mods in my head)!
Yes Sir that is what it was and I absolutely love that color. Great choice

Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Inspection at Infiniti

Am I asking for the right inspection? I told the service advisor that I just purchased a used G35 and would like to take it there for an inspection to confirm "everything" is working properly. He told me $109 + tax for the inpsection (this is at the Infiniti dealership). Now, that's low is it? I then asked how long it will take and he stated the inspection takes 1 hour and they check "everything". What can they do in 1 hour? In short, I expect to pay more and the inspection time to be longer so I am confused AGAIN.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I would try to go to another independent service shop which regularly does vehicle inspections. It's worth getting a 2nd opinion, and you most likely pay a cheaper price for the inspection. It's not uncommon for the dealer to put a premium price for something that shouldn't be labor intensive.