G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wood Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood Trim

Is the wood trim package actually wood or is it plactic? Also has anyone added the package post factory? If so how much was it?

Thanks

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Re: Wood Trim

Has anyone actually seen the factory wood package in person? When I was shopping, I was at least interested in seeing it but the dealers I visisted did not have a G35 with it [I only visited 3 different dealers though].

Old 06-10-2004, 08:17 PM

I have seen it and really like it. That is why I am considering adding.

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it, factory, and it says it's "Genuine bird's-eye maple" it does look real, no two pieces have the exact same grain, and it seem hard, I doubt they would claim it was genuine and it be plastic, it is far superior to any "aftermarket" wood trim I have seen!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 06-10-2004, 11:57 PM

I have the wood and it is beautiful, and feels great too. I am pretty certain that it is real birdseye maple. I think it looks especially great in direct sunlight - it just lights up like it is on fire! With the Graphite interior it really spices things up and provides a nice counterpoint to all the black leather and plastic. If you can't tell. I really like the wood package. Well worth the little bit of additional cost.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:04 AM

Yep, I agree, it does look great with the graphite, and that's something I forgot to mention, the way it reflects sunlight, it's a sure sign it's real!

Old 06-11-2004, 09:37 AM

I have the sports suspension package. I know that the wood trim isn't available from the factory. I figured I could order the Wood trim from the dealer and order it but I was told that it won't work with the sports suspension. I don't understand why. Can anyone explain? Also is anyone aware of a high quality (ie real wood) aftermarket package that will work? I have seen the cheap looking lament ones that are available and that isn't what I am looking for.

Thanks

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-11-2004, 10:03 AM

I have the wood trim with the Willow interior and it's a nice combination also. I bought the wood veneer trim (33-piece set) on eBay from the OEM supplier for about $200 shipped. The kit does not include the door handle pieces or the shifter, which I got through Everything Infiniti for about $160 shipped as I recall. I had to inquire because I didn't see it in their on-line catalog but they did get it for me. The pieces (aftermarket and dealer-provided) matched perfectly and it seems that everyone who gets in the car notices it and comments very favorably. The pieces are molded plastic that have a genuine wood veneer laminated to it.

'03.5 G35 Sedan Premium, Aero & Sport Packages w/Auto
Desert Platinum w/wood dash & cabin trim
Injen CAI, Borla catback exhaust, Tein H-tech lowering springs, UR crank pulley, Technosquare ECU

Old 06-11-2004, 10:28 AM

Do you have any pics?

Thanks

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-11-2004, 10:48 AM

Yes indeed the factory wood trim does work with the SPORTS suspension - I had it installed. Looks great.

The Prisoner
------ We want information ...

2004 G35 Sedan AT w/ Premium, Leather, Wood, Sport & Michelin Pilot Sport A/S @ 235/50ZR17 on Stock Rims

Old 06-11-2004, 12:02 PM

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. It does look great though. Check with an Infiniti dealer to see one so equipped on his lot. The aftermarket pieces I have look exactly the same.

'03.5 G35 Sedan Premium, Aero & Sport Packages w/Auto
Desert Platinum w/wood dash & cabin trim
Injen CAI, Borla catback exhaust, Tein H-tech lowering springs, UR crank pulley, Technosquare ECU

Old 06-11-2004, 12:48 PM

Are they aftermarket or OEM thru an aftermarket company?

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-11-2004, 12:49 PM

Is the veneer molded as well, or is it just flat? Like on the console area, I had been sent a sample some time back of a "veneer", but they said all the pieces were flat, also the sample they sent, felt "cheap", you could leave a fingernail mark in it, you can't do that with the factory trim!

Old 06-11-2004, 01:24 PM

I would really like to get the OEM Wood Trim. I am assuming that the dealer just doesn't sell the trim to owners of Sports PKG sedans not that it won't fit. Does anyone know of a vender that sells the OEM Wood?

04 Black/Black Sedan

Old 06-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Go over to FreshAlloy and contact Grubbs Infiniti out of Dallas/Ft. Worth area. They have an excellent reputation for customer service through the mail and internet. When I was shopping G's, I looked at one with the Sport Package and told the dealer I didn't like the interior trim and wanted the wood instead. He offered to pull the wood peices off of another car he had in stock and install them in the G with sports package so I am sure it can be done. The downside is that you will still have that faux aluminum center stack and I am not sure how the wood will look with that. I wound up buying a non-sport with Nav, premium, xenons,and wood.

If I read correctly over on Fresh Alloy, the NEW wood package is going to be Rosewood. I will have to go to a dealership and check that out when the '05's get here. I will post a link to a few pics I have of my wood package. I can never get photo's to show up here on the server. Be sure to blow the picture up to full/original size so you can really appreciate it!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a.jpg.orig.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wood Trim