G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I love my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love my G

Woke up this morning to throw a load of laundry in the machine, my afternoon class was canceled so I have nothing to do today. After getting the laundry started I decided a cup of coffee sounded great, well my coffee maker decided to take a crap this morning and does not work. I got dressed and headed to starbucks instead. After I got my coffee I decided to head home, the short way was blocked by a train crossing so I got on the highway to go one exit up, as soon as I gave it some throttle, my CD player just happen to finish one disc and switch to another, (some good old rock) so I decided I would stay on the highway for a bit and see where i ended up! I took a nice hour drive on and off the highway Gotta love the G.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love Mine too ....... Totally blew right past so many people on the way to work this morning......Morning Rush Hour in DC is soo bad too because no one wants to let you pass for shyt !!! They have no choice when the G pulls up tho !!!! YES

Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have been looking at buying a C5 Z06 in the next year or so. (After I get through the major part of my training) but the longer I own my G the more I just want to own a new one. But the only thing is I had my 04 in for service and I got a 2008 G35x for a loaner and I HATED it. The power was nice and it looks great but everything else about the car does not float my boat. But my 04=SEX The only thing I want to do is pull out the stupid factory head unit and put in something better, the factory HU SUCKS. I also love that there are only 3 G35's where I live so I rarely see another G

Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
I have been looking at buying a C5 Z06 in the next year or so. (After I get through the major part of my training) but the longer I own my G the more I just want to own a new one. But the only thing is I had my 04 in for service and I got a 2008 G35x for a loaner and I HATED it. The power was nice and it looks great but everything else about the car does not float my boat. But my 04=SEX The only thing I want to do is pull out the stupid factory head unit and put in something better, the factory HU SUCKS. I also love that there are only 3 G35's where I live so I rarely see another G
I agree about the factory HU. Lucky for me, the guy i bought my 04 G35x from, actually went and installed an alpine system that overides the factory system. There's a small alpine remote installed next to the shifter, and i control everything from there. So instead of using the factory radio, i flip a switch, and use the factory nav screen to moniter all my radio/cd player/etc.... options. I can switch between navigation and all audio components through this one flip of a custom switch. Its really cool!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But now you have opened the door:

Please post pics as to where your Alpine is located and a few screenshots if you would be so kind. I have a pretty good idea of what might be used behind the console. Where is the Alpine head unit? Is that a CD changer?

Thanks.

Oh yeah! goes wthout saying that I love my G. The funny thing is how easy it is to get me to run errands now. I spent Christmas searching for the open Grocery store for last minute items. I have far less aggravation having to run out for these last minute party items that we should have already had. "OK. I'll go get more ice. Later!!!"

Dave

Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by DKatman

Please post pics as to where your Alpine is located and a few screenshots if you would be so kind. I have a pretty good idea of what might be used behind the console. Where is the Alpine head unit? Is that a CD changer?

Thanks.

Oh yeah! goes wthout saying that I love my G. The funny thing is how easy it is to get me to run errands now. I spent Christmas searching for the open Grocery store for last minute items. I have far less aggravation having to run out for these last minute party items that we should have already had. "OK. I'll go get more ice. Later!!!"

Dave
I'll take some pics once i get into my car after work. The alpine remote controls a 12cd changer that i have in the trunk, plus i can controll all the radio functions with it. So basically, the nav screen acts as my screen for radio/cd player, and here's even a dvd player that i have installed, and can watch movies on the nav screen aswell. I'll try and get all the info for you when i get to my car.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
change the front speakers, I had infinity kappa's WORLD of a difference. it's not that expensive

Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by DKatman

Thanks.

Dave
Here's a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails I love my G-img00139.jpg   I love my G-img00143.jpg   I love my G-img00144.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
That alpine system is awesome if you want to do a SYSTEM but want to keep it looking as factory as possible. It is not a quick install though for the main part since you have to locate the RGB sync wires to interupt the screen info. Not cheap for parts or install usually, but on some cars where you CANNOT replace the factory radio no matter what, it is a great piece of equipment!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
more info on the alpine stuff. Model number and what is needed for the install.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
more info on the alpine stuff. Model number and what is needed for the install.
To be honest, i have no idea. I just learned how to use it after almost 2weeks! LOL. Lucky for me, the previous owner left everything hooked up for me at the time of sale. He said the entire setup cost him around 2g's. Music sounds great! Nice bass with the custom box that he had installed also. I'll try to get some info on all the equippment and installation, and post it here.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What you guys are looking for is the Alpine VehicleHub Pro...model #VPA-B222

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=VPA-B222

There is probably some sort of nav overide installed (i.e. NavTV or other), hence the switch, that allows you to alternate between the regular nav screen and the output from the Alpine unit.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool system. I like it. Can you control anything from the steering wheel? The description makes it sound like you should be able to (depending on the install).

Mark5- Did you get better highs from changing the speakers? I am fine with most of the sound system, but I think it really does lack in the Highs.

Dave