G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

SWITCH: IINFINITI TO HYUNDAI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SWITCH: IINFINITI TO HYUNDAI

so i take my car in for service this morning - finally. i already had to move an apointment once because they were out of loaners, and it looks like it'll be a day-long service (they have to replace wheel bearing because they are clicking).

so the rep. very nicely calls ahead and tells me that they are out of loner cars, but an Enterprise rent-a-car will be provided for me free of charge. so i'm like - so what kind of cars do you guys have? - oh... mercedes' and fords, mainly... i'm like - cool!

so the enterprise dude picks me up in an Expedition (i almost [censored] my pants because i thought i'd have to try to park that monstrocity in San Francisco - don't even try), takes me to the place, i fill out the paperwork, sign in like 10 places, go outside, and what do i see?... A F*CKING RED HYUNDAI with BEIGE CLOTH INTERIOR waiting for me... i almost threw a pissing fit...

first thing out of my mouth when i'm back at the dealer: I WILL NEVER FOGRIVE THIS. dude's like - i'm sorry... YOU'RE SORRY?! - I'M THE ONE WHO HAS TO DRIVE *THAT*! I F*UCKING GOT BESTED BY A CIVIC ON A WAY HERE!...

made me realize a few things, like what a great car i have, and how spoiled we all really are. i was driving back, feeling on the very green-scum-bottom of the food chain - i feeling i didn't have since... uhm... an 84 honda accord?...

Old 06-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: SWITCH: IINFINITI TO HYUNDAI

maybe the dealer did that on purpose to keep us G owners in check and not to get too cocky. Great reverse psychology strategy. Owners beware loaner cars!!!

03.5 BS, 6MT, premium, 19" Kaizer wheels, Skyline badges, PIAA HID upgrade, Racing pedals, clear lenses, 35% tint, 7-wire ground, TEIN basics, side mirror blinkers

Old 06-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh please....its just a loaner car for god sakes... GROW UP....you sound like a freaking drama queen!! People who think they are better then other people just because they drive a G35 and they dont is just stupid in itself!! The car doesnt make the person ...its the person that makes the car!

Tony B.
2003.5 G35 Caribbean Blue Sedan

Old 06-17-2004, 03:40 PM

Like IMAGMAN says, "It's just a loner car." I would not get too upset about it. A Hyundai is better than nothing. The next time insist that the service rep give you his car for the day. Anyway, it's no big deal driving a Hyundai for the day. Actually the next time, just paste a note on the window saying 'My other car is a G'

03.5 G35S 5AT - Desert Platinum/Graphite/350Z Tube/Clear corners/HG kit/20% Tint

Old 06-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh just shut it. i know it's a loaner. i know it's a car. i am not defined by it. that's NOT the point! i wanted to share something funny and out of the ordinary - along the lines of "yet another quirk to be aware of when going to the dealer". and you give me [censored] for this. come over and drive this piece of [censored] hyundai for a couple of hours - we'll see where your loyalties stand then.

Old 06-17-2004, 05:24 PM

BTW what does IMAGMAN stand for? Your name says it all.

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars
Kaaz LSD

Old 06-17-2004, 07:16 PM

My Name is Tony....my username stands for
I'm A G Man. meaning I own one and am sold on its quality. Hope this answers your question.

Tony B.
2003.5 G35 Caribbean Blue Sedan

Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 PM

Sheesh pal, take a pill. Or better yet, say a prayer...

Old 06-18-2004, 12:28 AM

You know, for a loaner, I would welcome anything that's not a G35. I mean, I drive one everyday so during the rare occations where I get a loaner, I'd like something different. Heck, even a Hyundai would be fine. I'd like to see just how crappy it is. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 06-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Registered

wow..u were lucky..i got this isuzu suv..i forgot the name..but it was butt ugly..and so weak..but all i gotta tell u..I drove that thing hard..i went over bumps like they were flat..hahahah

GGG Member Signup

Old 06-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Toyota Echo. I actually got shin splints from driving it, as I don't fit in the car. It apparently wasn't made for anyone over 5'8".

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 06-18-2004, 08:41 AM

Will this post make me feels a lot better having to drive my loaner a Nissan Sentra 1.8S for a day for repair. I don't mind driving the Sentra cause is actually looks pretty cool despite the power issue. What tick me off if that I actually reserve a Infiniti loaner in advance and they still somehow manage to not have one available for me then contacted enterpriese at the last minutes.

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero
- 6 wire grounding kit

Old 06-18-2004, 06:12 PM

I feel very privileged for getting i35 as a loaner

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 06-19-2004, 12:05 PM

Not crappy at all actually. They're placing very high in build quality and overall customer satisfaction. Fantastic warranty too.

03.5 5AT-S (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-GroundingGear™-Silverstars-PIAA-PopCharger-Z Tube-Tint-Stillen Dual Exhaust)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SWITCH: IINFINITI TO HYUNDAI