G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Demon/Angel Eye Owners...chime in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demon/Angel Eye Owners...chime in!

Well I got my Demon Eye kit on eBay and am planning on installing it with my new 6000K HIDs and Yellow Fogs soon, however, I'm curious where each of you tapped into for your power?

Ideally, I want constant power once the car is started so that the Demon Eyes are on at all times, not just when the lights are on and not only when the parking lights are on.

Help! I hope to install this weekend and am kind of stuck.

Mods, if you can leave this in the Sedan section for a few days, I'd appreciate since it seems the majority of Halo owners are Sedans.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 AM
i have this same kit, but im worried about fitment on the 05 sedan lights. anyone put these on so we can see the final product?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I would tap an ignition wire on the main harness going in front of the timing cover. Use that to switch a relay. The relay should get +12V from the battery (with a fuse) directly.

The only issue there is that the relay will be closed whenever the car is on but for what you want that is one of the best ways to do it. Might kill the relay after a while but again you are better off making the relay the possible failure than the inverters or halos.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd listen to Tim he's installed his and mine and hes an engineer and knows wtf hes talking about.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ran mine through the fire wall to the fuse box. I already had my V1 hooked into a empty fuse spot. I went to the parts store and bought this thing that plugs into empty hole in the fuse box and has a spot for a fuse and has a single wire come off it and that is fused off the fuse box and comes on and off with the car. so my V1 and halos are coming off like a 15 amp fuse. My power wire goes through the fire wall on the passenger side with the main harness.

It is something like this.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by BuckeyeG; 02-13-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Awesome advice everyone, I was having no luck and this really helps.

BuckeyeG, thanks for posting that fuse adder, I actually found those last night and will definitely go with this, since I should be able to tap into the fusebox in my engine bay right?

Amazon Amazon

I'm thinking about using the above and then tapping into the ignition fuse, which is a constant 12v source and then it will still be fused and constantly powered upon starting. Does that sound safe/realistic?

Any tips for installation of Halos? I've read all the reads and feel pretty prepared...just need to take a trip to Home Depot and get the supplies (Paint, Primer, Sand Paper, Silicone).

I'll definitely post pictures once done, but can't wait for a nice appearance change for around only $100 including cost of bulbs.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
If you go that route, make sure and put the cover back on the fuse holder so no water gets into it.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Tank's ( LOL) method is a lot easier to do. Less running of wires. Doesn't cost anything.

I have that add-a-circuit for my radar detector hardware. Its like $5 at auto parts store. But see thats completely in-cabin. I think you should do Tim's method and stay within the engine bay. Less work, no routing of too many wires.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ran mine into the cabin . It in the fuse pannel on the drivers side footwell. I just found a empty one that had power and put it in that one. the hardest thing to do my way is to route it through the passenger side firewall to get it into the cabin. It can be a little pita.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
I ran mine into the cabin . It in the fuse pannel on the drivers side footwell. I just found a empty one that had power and put it in that one. the hardest thing to do my way is to route it through the passenger side firewall to get it into the cabin. It can be a little pita.
I ran to Autozone today and grabbed one of the "add-a-circuit" pieces for $4.99. They had a mini, which is the for in-cabin fusebox and then a standard size, which is for the fusebox in the engine bay, which is the one I got. This way, I won't have to route any wires through the firewall. All I need to do, is ensure the fuse box is closed completely (as TTrank said) to avoid water and then route the power to each inverter for my Halos. Should work right? It looks like I'll probably tackle it tomorrow, I just need to buy a few wiring crimps and the like and then some silicon and I'm good to go.

I'm a little nervous, but excited and anxious to change the look and feel of my headlights!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Alright, shoot...I posted a new thread to hopefully get a quick answer...I wasn't able to use an add-a-circuit to the fusebox because the hood won't fit, so that's no longer an option. I'm going to use Tim's method, but I don't know where the ignition wire is that I need to tap into. Can I get some help here? I'm such a noob with wiring!

Also, is it ok to connect power from (2) different inverters to the single spliced connection to the ignition? Basically it will be a Y joint into the ignition with an in-line fuse.

Thanks! Pictures if possible would be appreciated...I've searched and searched and have had no luck and I'm about to take my headlights out.