G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
If it wasnt for MPG35/TurTle/Flying Lumpia..etc.. the rest of us Noob X'ers wouldnt have a chance to mod.. This knowledge is what helped me identify and AVOID some serious mods on my X! Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks!

The following users liked this post:
MPG35fiend (11-13-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
^wow, thanks.

well, as far as mods...

suspension:

coilovers: truechoice or KW(highend but not obscene) OR BC racing or Stance w/Swift spring upgrades(budget but quality)
camber kit: SPC or SPL
swaybars - stillen, motordyne or hotckhis
adjustable endlinks - Whiteline or AMS
roll center adjusters - Megan
front strut bar - Stillen or GT Spec
rear strut bar - RareJDM

"Power":
cams - JWT, BC or kelford
headers - DC, Momentum, Crawford or Tomei(for shorties) OR PPE longtube
HFC - Fast Intentions
Test pipes - Motordyne ART pipes
exhaust - Stillen(dual path SS), Buddy Club(single SS) or Litespeed Racing(single Titanium)
Tune - UpRev
1pc drive shaft - carbon fiber or aluminum
shorter final drive gears - 3.7(3.69) finaldrive v36 pumpkin swap
shiftkit/valvebody upgrade - TransGo w/transmission cooler upgrade

*all i can think of, off of the top of my head
Hey guys, new member and first post on the forums. Reading a lot. Do these types of mods also work on an X or do I need to perform extra mods to make them work? Money is not a problem and I'm looking to learn more than anything, so I kind of want to do it myself. Of course, I have worked on cars before and will have help when needed. The car will be a daily driver when it is done, but it doesn't have to be my daily at this time. BTW, I love what Vivek and SDGenius have done with their G sedans.

Last edited by fsuagentsmith; 10-31-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 17 with a 2003 G35 Sedan I've had for a few months, I want to do a lot but obviously I am on a budget. I do work 30-40 hours a week and I'm still in school.

So I am asking where you guys think I should start. I have bin reading post on this site in all my free time.

Budget:
$3,000

Goal:
Have an amazing looking car and around 300 hp

Things that are done:
New Silver Paint Job
Pioneer touch screen nav/bluetooth/radio
Blue UnderGlow and Interior
2 12inch Subs

I'm currently looking at these rims http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...lDataID/172050

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
DeviousG I would go for some power and not just looks. I have an 03 as well that I have put an intake on as well as a kinetix racing V+ plenum on and it sounds awesome!! I am cureently waiting on a Megan racing oe-rs exhaust to finish that off.
So far I think I am at 280 ish bhp.
And the parts were pretty cheap I got the plenum on eBay for just over $130 and it was in great shape I also got the carbon fiber z tube by evo-r.net from eBay for around $60 which made the engine compartment look awesome!
As far as rims the ones you have linked in look pretty nice but you can get some Oem 19 Rays for a little cheaper than those. And with the z springs lowering the car about an inch you get a nice looking car that is still drive able.
That's just my 2 cents. I can post pics if you'd like. I have all those mods on my g currently

Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I'd pass on the wheels. And if you're wanting 300 hp, better put all the money towards performance mods. Honestly, first thing I would do is drop some money on a good suspension setup. Start with coilovers and some sway bars. From there, I'd say get some wheels but some good ones may cost a bit too much for what you have left. After the wheels and tires, I'd have recommended a BBK setup.

Once you have some of the essentials then I'd say go ahead do some visual exterior mods. I'd ger rid of the blue underglow and interior. It's very rice, cheap, and tacky. Completely devalues the car making it look cheaper than what it is. If you like it, keep it, but know people will be laughing about it. I'm not trying to be mean just pointing out the reality.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by fsuagentsmith
Hey guys, new member and first post on the forums. Reading a lot. Do these types of mods also work on an X or do I need to perform extra mods to make them work? Money is not a problem and I'm looking to learn more than anything, so I kind of want to do it myself. Of course, I have worked on cars before and will have help when needed. The car will be a daily driver when it is done, but it doesn't have to be my daily at this time. BTW, I love what Vivek and SDGenius have done with their G sedans.
Some do, however I'm unsure of exactly what as I do not have an X. The coilovers are different, that's for sure so you will be limited to your selection. I think the best available option for coilovers is BC Racing if you have an X.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
I'd do suspension, wheels, tires, BBK first.

3k won't be enough just for that...^

I have at least 15k+ easy in my build.. 2k+ in my suspension 3,600 on current wheel set up alone. And still need to put at least 15k more to have it where I want it... Being that young with a G I'd keep it simple. Wheels and suspension is all you need IMO.

Good luck on your build.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone,

I came across http://www.superchargertuning.com/Infiniti/G35+4dr/ .... it looks like bull **** but then i clicked more info beside all three products and my eyes are lighting up. Anyone else still calling bullshit after seeing it lol?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Ding ding ding we have a winner, i smell bs. Electric superchargers cant flow enough air to make it worth while on a cars engine. Its too cheap to be good, and an "engine management chip" for 59.99? Sounds like the best idea ever........

Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3truman
Ding ding ding we have a winner, i smell bs. Electric superchargers cant flow enough air to make it worth while on a cars engine. Its too cheap to be good, and an "engine management chip" for 59.99? Sounds like the best idea ever........
lol agreed, but just to play devils advocate, police cars in Canada have electric super chargers.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
looking for advice

Just bought 03 g35 sedan, all of it is stock and it is in great condition.
Basically looking for some first hand advice on were i should start upgrading, what to do and what not. thanks for any help.
Ill start posting picture when i start this project.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
i got the 1/2 spacer,tein s lowering setup, and removed the muffler for the sound, looking what to do next? like someone said no cold air for me as the stock box is very well designed , what would you guys suggest nexT?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by roofie619
i got the 1/2 spacer,tein s lowering setup, and removed the muffler for the sound, looking what to do next? like someone said no cold air for me as the stock box is very well designed , what would you guys suggest nexT?
You could get the z tube for the intake. Some use the revup box too. I did z tube and k&n drop in. And you'll most likely need rear camber kit for s techs

Last edited by Subiedrewbie; 11-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm considering the "mercedez blue" tint on my 05' SS Sedan. Anyone have any pics of this color combo?

Old 11-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Upgrades for 03-04 G Sedan

So I bought my 04 G35 sedan 6mt back in June and so far have an injen intake, megan full catback, motordyne 5/16 plenum spacers, and a throttle body. I want to know how to atleast break 300 hp n/a because apparently turbos and superchargers cant hold up on the V35 engine? Down the road I plan on putting a single turbo on but dont know which ones put down the most power. Also was trying to get ideas for coilovers, I dont want to buy the basic coils and have problems. Please let me know! Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread