G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

programming key fob - this question hasnt been asked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
programming key fob - this question hasnt been asked

Ok, I did a search and made sure no one asked this, or at least I cant find it
So I just have 1 intelligent key for my car (1 key total)

I want to get another one made. I want to purchase a blank key and a fob on ebay which is around $40, and then get the key (blade) cut and programmed.

I know that we can easily program the Fob to get it to open the doors and all.

But the question is..... will it be able to start the car without inserting the key in the slot, and just having the fob in your pocket as I can now?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1st generation G does not have intelligent key (as in, stay in your pocket kind) IIRC

Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
05/06 does. I have it in my car.

I actually need this question answered as well. I found another I-key fob in a parking lot on the ground. Obviously the key will not work in my ignition, but is there a way i can program it so it works with my car now?? That way i'll have three I-keys?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
do i understand this correctly, that you want to mod the fob to have i functionality like the lexus is(and probably others by now)? if so, i can't see that being possible.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
It already is like the Lexus. I never take the key out of my pocket and I can open the doors, trunk and start the car.

WHat i'm asking is how to program an additional I-key to the car including syncing the chip in the key so it will allow the car to start.

And for the second time, 05/06 has optional Intelligent Key where you leave the key in your pocket and you can open the doors, trunk and start the car without every taking it out of your pocket. It's a factory feature. Not a mod

Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
It already is like the Lexus. I never take the key out of my pocket and I can open the doors, trunk and start the car.

WHat i'm asking is how to program an additional I-key to the car including syncing the chip in the key so it will allow the car to start.

And for the second time, 05/06 has optional Intelligent Key where you leave the key in your pocket and you can open the doors, trunk and start the car without every taking it out of your pocket. It's a factory feature. Not a mod
YUP, im asking the exact same question. I just have 1 key for my car, and it is the intelligent key. That key always stays in my pocket, and i can start the car, by just turning the iginition switch.

If i were to buy a new intelligent key, would I need the Fob to be programmed by infiniti?? not program as in opening the doors and trunk, but to make the fob have proximity , where i can just turn the car on and drive off while the keys are in my pocket.

and no, its not a mod, its factory. I believe its on the 05/06 premium package Gs.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
dhl
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

I've searched everywhere for the same answer and every time the answer is that the Ikey must be programmed by the dealer or a locksmith with the proper computer hardware. The key fob self programming you find is only for opening and closing the door on non i-key cars.

Last edited by dhl; 03-09-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DUNKMAN23
YUP, im asking the exact same question. I just have 1 key for my car, and it is the intelligent key. That key always stays in my pocket, and i can start the car, by just turning the iginition switch.

If i were to buy a new intelligent key, would I need the Fob to be programmed by infiniti?? not program as in opening the doors and trunk, but to make the fob have proximity , where i can just turn the car on and drive off while the keys are in my pocket.

and no, its not a mod, its factory. I believe its on the 05/06 premium package Gs.
you would need to have the dealer program it, and you need both i-keys at the time of programming. Nissan or Infiniti can do this.

The problem with the I-keys on ebay is most are used, so the internal metal key is already cut for a different car, but the entire fob itself can be reprogrammed. Ive never seen a new i-key with a blank internal key on ebay.

Just keep in mind if you go with a used one, if the battery in suddenly dies, the metal key which is supposed to be a backup to start the car, wont work because its not cut to your ignition.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

wouldnt this one work? just get it cut, and take to the dealer to program?

Old 03-09-2009, 09:54 PM
dhl

Yes, the dealer can cut and program the linked I-Key.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM

yeah that will work, dealer will cut and program.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
sweet. u guys know how much the stealership charges?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Call them.....

Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
about a half hour of labor is what I was quoted.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
psssst..half hour probably takes them litterly 2 minutes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: programming key fob - this question hasnt been asked