G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

best mods little $$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004 | 07:26 AM
|
best mods little $$$

Hello, have an 04 auto. best mods for this car to keep it fast and not sound like a fixed up civic are: Stillen Box w/Z-tube(not too loud unlike pop charger) coupe mid-pipe (keep stock muffler,not bad), and ur pulley. approx hp with these mod is 288/ at cranck. I outrun any stock Z or Coupe 6spd/auto.....remember I got a G35 sedan/auto good luck!

Old 07-02-2004 | 09:51 AM
Re: best mods little $$$

Based on what do you boldy claim these parts are the best?

And you should know better then to make the claim about being faster then MT's, that is guaranteed to start people up, something the mod's not doubt don't appreciate.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 07-02-2004 | 11:32 AM
|

you guys dont take it so personal....ok the best mods for me Im 30 yrs old and these mods dont make my car sound like the fast and the furius and does spank stock z's and coupes done it pleanty of times....KEY WORD STOCK

Old 07-02-2004 | 11:44 AM

Approx hp? Well then I'd say my approx. hp at the crank is around 300 (+-50).

That was a valid question, I believe it was Gsedan35 himself who did a pretty thorough analysis of the coupe mid-pipe, and there's a consensus that it's mostly for sound rather than performance.

Do these stock Zs and coupes know that they are racing? You put a quarter mile time of 14.7 in your profile. If that's the case, stock Zs/G coupes will walk all over you. Most stock Zs run ~14.0 in the 1/4 - 5AT or 6MT... I used to have one.

The mods you mentioned aren't bad mods, but you need to qualify your statements. The way you type, it seems as though you are just trying to justify your purchases. I have a feeling that you are one of those people who will never have a "bad" mod...like that Nismo intake that I put on my Z...but that's another thread.

Old 07-02-2004 | 12:05 PM

You're 30 and you still street-race?

04 6MT Sedan - Z Tube, Stillen CAB, 04 Z Suspension

Old 07-02-2004 | 12:12 PM

Hey_Ya's right.

I'm so frustrated with G35 drivers, G35 drivers are by far the most cocky, misinformed, uneducated automobile enthusiasts I've seen to date. I can count the intelligent members of this board with my 10 fingers.

Old 07-02-2004 | 12:42 PM

You have ten fingers? Interesting.

2004.5 AT Sedan DG Premium Sport

Old 07-02-2004 | 12:42 PM

I have the Z tube and K&N filter (for $128 shipped for the two mods) and I think this combo mod may be the best bang for your buck, and it doesn't completely turn your car into a street racer-sounding car. It's fairly quiet just running around town, but when you slam on the gas for WOT...you'll hear and feel the difference!! ;-)

The Z tube (K&N filter with the stock airbox; not with the Stillen high flow airbox) improves the sound (but it doesn't sound like a racing exhaust) especially over 3,500rpm and adds a few HP according to dynos done by the Central FL G35 group (look at the Central Florida Dyno thread in the Technical/Mods discussion). Some will say that this combo mod adds more HP than a CAI for half the cost...not sure if that's true, but it doesn't matter to me as it's seems great to me, and they were very easy to install. It's just what I was looking for and I'm 35.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 07/02/04 09:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:08 PM

BrianV - Can I be one of the intelligent ones?? J/K, but if you think G drivers are bad, go check out my350z.com! (although everyone I have met in person from that site has been cool)

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:23 PM

Yeah you're one of the smarter ones.

I'll throw my two sense in about my mod experiences:

Z tube was cool, it did change the sound in the higher RPM regions to a cooler sound. It wasn't a huge performance difference but it was noticeable.

The Stillen CAB was $180 and pretty much just increases the volume of your engine. It's VERY loud at WOT but fairly tame for everyday driving. The gains from this unit are questionable, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have bought it. I may sell mine and go to the stock box again, but right now I'm lazy and my ankle is broken.

350z suspension was without a doubt the best bang for the buck. $300 installed for an 04 Z suspension. This is a dramatic mod, it makes the car handle like a 'TRUE' sport's car and it changes the looks of the vehicle. The car looks much sleeker, much cleaner, and much sportier. That combined with a true sport's car suspension, and OEM quality parts certainly ranks it as the single best mod for the money (this is my opinion, feel free to disagree). I won't get really technical on the suspension, it's not for everyone, but for me it was certainly an incredible investment.

Here's a picture:

290899-g35_sig.jpg

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:24 PM

Ugg that was cents not sense in the beginning, DUH!

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:28 PM
|

G35 sedan owners....be aware, there are a lot of defensive Z owners in this forum....they just mad that a 4 door automatic Infiniti can keep up with their 2 seater sports car hahaha.
my roomate owns a Z
and yes Im 30 and still street race

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:33 PM

Sorry guy, your posts lack substance... Anyone know when the VBulletin upgrade is going to be complete? I have a desire to use the "Ban" button right now.

Oh and I agree on the Z suspension mod. Great improvements in handling and looks! Mine ended up only costing about $100 installed after selling my sport suspension.

Old 07-02-2004 | 01:34 PM

I think the Z is notably faster then the G35, but I don't care. My rear seats recline, I got mad class, and I don't race. If I wanted a Z I would've bought it. I also know I can make similar power as the Z with a handful of mods.

As an ex-hardcore street racer I know that it's important to beat your bud's car, but look at the big picture. Who cares that you can smoke your buddies car by 1/2 a car length, I mean does it really make you better then him? Is it worth the risk just to prove nothing?

I just love having a car that is quick, extremely fun to drive, and well mannered. I have a passion for driving and a passion for acceleration, but there are ways to keep it safe (and legal). Who cares if your auto G35 Sedan is faster then your bud's 350Z?

Old 07-05-2004 | 12:15 PM

This is too funny [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, im a 31 yr old that is very easily amused.

Reading this post remined me of an old girlfriend I had...........she use to lash out with un-intelligent remarks, yet was able to show me love and compasion. I think this post has gone the full spectrum of emotions. I just added the laughter part [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]....I know laughter is not an emotion but the physical reaction of an emotion (does this make me one of the intelligent ones? jk)

I use to own a 300hp 65 Mustang. Nothin like a ***** out V8!
Owning this G has brought me back to those days...somewhat. I have no desire to race my buddies anymore, or anyone for that matter. When my first child was born (I was 21) those temptations quickly took a back seat.

Okay, okay......im done and off my virtual wet cardboard box.

Happy moddin! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G35papa
2003 Pearl White - Premium Willow - Clear Corners (moded) - Z-tube - 18" OEMs- Tinted all around

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best mods little $$$