G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

new starter??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blownvert
i have to say i will never buy an infiniti again lol.
That's a funny thing to say. Its like any car, you have to do maintenance. If you don't like looking under the hood then go get a lease car with a service plan or a new car and sell it when the service plan is about to go.

Cars are like that and when you buy higher end cars then you should expect to pay higher end prices for things.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Darqfallen
That's a funny thing to say. Its like any car, you have to do maintenance. If you don't like looking under the hood then go get a lease car with a service plan or a new car and sell it when the service plan is about to go.

Cars are like that and when you buy higher end cars then you should expect to pay higher end prices for things.
and certain things should last alot longer than this.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
you dont even know if anything is even wrong yet though

are you running any aftermarket power in your car? amp, subs etc?

it could just be a battery..happens with any car? infiniti logo or not.

could even be something dumb as in your battery connect is weak. Just open the hood and use your common sense analysis.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
The car is 5 years old, that's about when a battery starts to go out irregardless of what car it's in. Could be weak battery, loose connection, or something silly. Can happen to any car irregardless of what brand.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Happened to me...probably time to replace the battery...

Old 06-28-2009, 11:01 PM
thanks whats a good battery for these cars? sears die hard? im sure if i replace it i will never replace it again prob wont even have the car

Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Optima Red Top 34R.

Starter should be fine. One of my turbos sits right on top of my starter and after 2.5 years in Phoenix I'm still ok.

(I do have a spare just in case but it will be a bbbbiiiiiiiiittttttttccccchhhhhhhh to put in). LOL

Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I use die hards. They've worked well for me. It's all I use.

I'd load test the battery first. But you didn't quite clarify...does it crank slowly? Or is it just taking a few extra seconds to start?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Mine died this week. Had a hard time starting before I went to work, when I went to leave it was dead. I replaced it with a Auto Zone battery (around $90) and everything is great. That being said, I can't believe how expensive a regular battery is.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I use die hards. They've worked well for me. It's all I use.

I'd load test the battery first. But you didn't quite clarify...does it crank slowly? Or is it just taking a few extra seconds to start?
wouldnt cranking slowly being the samething as few seconds to start? on a cold start in the morning, when i turn the key to start it takes longer to start than before when i first had the car. like that split more second its trying to crank and start. it makes that noise longer and im holding the key to the right waiting for it to start. i would guess 2 seconds

Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
wouldnt cranking slowly being the samething as few seconds to start? on a cold start in the morning, when i turn the key to start it takes longer to start than before when i first had the car. like that split more second its trying to crank and start. it makes that noise longer and im holding the key to the right waiting for it to start. i would guess 2 seconds
Well, yes and no.

Basically what I'm asking is how fast does the starter turn the engine over. Does it turn it over quickly, or does it seem to turn over slower. I'm not talking about when the engine fires, but just the noise of the starter engaging the flywheel and turning it. My question is does it turn slower?

Second question would be assuming it still turns at the same speed is does the engine fire quickly? Or is it taking longer? For example, if the starter would crank like this Err-Err-Err VROOM, does it now do this Err-Err-Err-Err-Err-Err-Vroom. In other words the engine turns over a few extra times before it fires up?

See what i'm getting at? Turing over slower (the first one) can hint to a failing battery, but the 2nd one could be battery or the car just needing some tune up issues addressed.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Well, yes and no.

Basically what I'm asking is how fast does the starter turn the engine over. Does it turn it over quickly, or does it seem to turn over slower. I'm not talking about when the engine fires, but just the noise of the starter engaging the flywheel and turning it. My question is does it turn slower?

Second question would be assuming it still turns at the same speed is does the engine fire quickly? Or is it taking longer? For example, if the starter would crank like this Err-Err-Err VROOM, does it now do this Err-Err-Err-Err-Err-Err-Vroom. In other words the engine turns over a few extra times before it fires up?

See what i'm getting at? Turing over slower (the first one) can hint to a failing battery, but the 2nd one could be battery or the car just needing some tune up issues addressed.
yeah it does err-err-err vroom it takes longer than before when i first got the car. so maybe is battery, wouldnt i need to get a battery sometime in my life with owning this car, but then why would someone replace battery when its not even maybe needed yet. samething as if a person needs new serpentine belts, since infiniti says theres cracks at 56k, but belts can hold to 80k plus

Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Usually 5-6 years or so is what a typical battery lasts. So it could be time for one. You have have it tested to find out for sure

Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Have you preformed the correct maintenece on your battery/ If not I bet it going south.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's funny reading this thread. Blownvert you have a few options and I am not being sarcastic.

1) Continue living in a fairy tale where things just lasts forever and fixes by itself

2) Start out by examining one of the obvious (battery). You car is 5 yrs old, the battery can die any minute. I bought this tool last month, cost me $15 bucks I think and you can check your battery life WITHOUT OPENING THE HOOD.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...etty-neat.html

What's so scary about opening the hood anyway? Also, if you ever plan to get another car, you'll need to maintain it, otherwise get a lease.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new starter??