G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Good deal on a used G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good deal on a used G35?

I'm really thinking of trading in my current car for another car and the G35s are looking good to me lately. I currently see a deal for an 06 G35, manual tranny, w the Premium and Sports packages. It has 60k and is listed at $19k (from a dealership). Does it seem like a good/decent deal? What should I be looking out for as far as maintenance? Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
We need to know where you live and whether the car is a coupe or sedan. Sedan I hope or you are in the wrong forum. You can check out NADA or KBB to see how that price stacks up against their recommendations.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
I have an 03 sedan bought it with 58K fully loaded all stock manual trans for 11k

Old 05-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I bought my 04 sedan last year with 38k miles for $17k... if you can, try and find out how the car was kept (garaged, maintenance, how many owners previously (hopefully GRANNY))etc. Milage doesn't really mean much if the car was kept well and all maintenance was done... Good Luck

Old 05-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Owned by a Granny actually scares me. I think mostly means the dealer is bull****ting you or the car has been negleted. Because, im more than sure grannies proly not up to dae with maintanance, proly put chea gas, brake violently and get on the gas hard, causing extra wear and tear on the tranny. I'd rather buy a car from a enthusiast in mid 20's or 30's who knew the car, listened to sounds it made, and drove the car like a normal person even if that person drove spiritedly once in a while.

19k for a sedan is too much and little too much for a coupe. But definetly too much for a sedan. Keep looking.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Bought my flawless 05 5AT with premium and sport with 40K for 15K from a local Infiniti dealership

Old 05-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
We need to know where you live and whether the car is a coupe or sedan. Sedan I hope or you are in the wrong forum. You can check out NADA or KBB to see how that price stacks up against their recommendations.
This one is a 4 door. And im in northern california. And of course, I've looked up the kbb value, but I know cars can still be gotten cheaper then that. I was just wondering what other G owners thought (and paid for theirs). Thanks.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by floppydrivestud
Bought my flawless 05 5AT with premium and sport with 40K for 15K from a local Infiniti dealership
Originally Posted by dineth00i30

19k for a sedan is too much and little too much for a coupe. But definetly too much for a sedan. Keep looking.
Originally Posted by ems5332
I bought my 04 sedan last year with 38k miles for $17k... if you can, try and find out how the car was kept (garaged, maintenance, how many owners previously (hopefully GRANNY))etc. Milage doesn't really mean much if the car was kept well and all maintenance was done... Good Luck
Originally Posted by RyanJones
I have an 03 sedan bought it with 58K fully loaded all stock manual trans for 11k
Cool. Just the replies I've been looking for. I'll see if I can haggle this price down a couple. Will be hard though since I don't have the cash in full. Maybe it's because I'm in Cali that its a bit high? I'm also just strictly looking into the 05 and 06 models (w Manual tranny and sport and premium packages). Anyway, thanks for the input.

Cheers!

Last edited by alphaquhp; 05-31-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by alphaquhp
Cool. Just the replies I've been looking for. I'll see if I can haggle this price down a couple. Will be hard though since I don't have the cash in full. Maybe it's because I'm in Cali that its a bit high? Thanks for the input!
Mine was bought in SoCal... and financed with sh!ty credit and a low down. You can do it, if they don't go down in price walk out. Patience will help you find the G at a you want.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by floppydrivestud
I did the exact same thing except got her from an independent dealer.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NADA and KBB don't tell you squat.

the best way to gage the market price for this car is by checking cars.com or autotrader.com (I used cars.com b/c it has a slightly more robust inventory listing). of course, getting input on this forum does help, but that's only a small sample size (not statistically significant) of all the G35's selling these days.

what I recommend doing is simply finding the car you like, and observe the prices of it over the span of a month or so (of course, patience is a virtue).

doing these steps will give you an idea of what is a "fair" market value for the car. then, set your price a few k lower, and then make an offer. as you probably already know, if you don't like their terms, simply walk away.

In terms of mainenance, see if they will certify the car (assuming it is at or under 60k). they may even through that it for free if you can't get them to drop the price.

I got a 2005 G35x in August 2008, and my lone disappointment was taking it in for the 60k service, which cost about $600. so make sure that service milestone has been performed already (included flushes, belt changes, etc.)

Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by jmcohen23

the best way to gage the market price for this car is by checking cars.com or autotrader.com (I used cars.com b/c it has a slightly more robust inventory listing). of course, getting input on this forum does help, but that's only a small sample size (not statistically significant) of all the G35's selling these days.

what I recommend doing is simply finding the car you like, and observe the prices of it over the span of a month or so (of course, patience is a virtue).

doing these steps will give you an idea of what is a "fair" market value for the car. then, set your price a few k lower, and then make an offer. as you probably already know, if you don't like their terms, simply walk away.

In terms of mainenance, see if they will certify the car (assuming it is at or under 60k). they may even through that it for free if you can't get them to drop the price.

I got a 2005 G35x in August 2008, and my lone disappointment was taking it in for the 60k service, which cost about $600. so make sure that service milestone has been performed already (included flushes, belt changes, etc.)
Cool, thanks for the tip on the 60k inspection. I also noticed, using carmax.com this car (and others) is priced a lot cheaper (with lower miles) in other states (with similar options):
17k at ~40k miles IN
18k at ~28k miles TX
18k at ~65k miles CA???? Geez.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:33 AM

^ Texas FTW!!!!! Greatest state in the US in my mind. If I could only find someone local with an 03-04 muffler.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcohen23

the best way to gage the market price for this car is by checking cars.com or autotrader.com (I used cars.com b/c it has a slightly more robust inventory listing).
NADA tells you quite a bit actually. That's what most banks use to determine how much they'll loan for a car. And I prefer Autotrader. It has far more search options so you can narrow down what you're looking for. I got tired of wading through all the Coupes and non-AWD Sedans on cars.com when I was looking for my AWD. All they've got are keywords, and they're almost useless.

Either way, that price is too high.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
And I prefer Autotrader. It has far more search options so you can narrow down what you're looking for. I got tired of wading through all the Coupes and non-AWD Sedans on cars.com when I was looking for my AWD. All they've got are keywords, and they're almost useless.

Either way, that price is too high.
I agree that Autotrader has better search options, but I recall finding the car I wanted on cars.com when it was not listed on autotrader.com. My point is that I think cars.com has a larger posting inventory than autotrader.com. Keep in mind, however, that your searches are at the mercy of the information that the seller posts (e.g. AWD vs. 4WD). Thus, you'll have to be somewhat generic in your initial filter....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good deal on a used G35?