G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Whirling road noise help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not replacing it myself. i dont have the tools stands and everything or tool to put wheel bearing back together.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by blownvert
im not replacing it myself. i dont have the tools stands and everything or tool to put wheel bearing back together.

Just thougt you wanted to save yourself couple hundred dollars
and you can rent these tools at a local kragen for cheap and youll gain experience in doing things yourself instead of going to the stealership

Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
can i keep my existing hub, one of the guys said you might be able to keep it when pulling the old wheel bearing off and not get ruined. what you mean couple hundred? it takes like 1 hour to do so thats 1 hour of labor at any automotive shop.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
^^ what your saying is that they will charge you for one hour of labor, but with most shops they dont charge by the hour they charge for the whole job.
For example, to change shocks they might tell you $150 per side but the job only takes 2 hours at most.

But watever dude i was just trying to save you some money by doing it yourself. Go ahead and pay the shop its your cash

Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by The next best
^^ what your saying is that they will charge you for one hour of labor, but with most shops they dont charge by the hour they charge for the whole job.
For example, to change shocks they might tell you $150 per side but the job only takes 2 hours at most.

But watever dude i was just trying to save you some money by doing it yourself. Go ahead and pay the shop its your cash
its not like i always work on the car. i just want it to be done with.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
$75 to be installed. ill pay that to not go searching for tools and know it will be installed RIGHT and not waste my time

Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM
careful now, what you think is a dead wheel bearing could simply be rust on the edge of your rotors rubbing your caliper. One way to test it is to jack up your car and see if there is any play in your wheel; if it rocks back and forth, your bearing is screwed. if not, take off your rotors and knock off the rust; I bet that fixes the sound

Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Pska
careful now, what you think is a dead wheel bearing could simply be rust on the edge of your rotors rubbing your caliper. One way to test it is to jack up your car and see if there is any play in your wheel; if it rocks back and forth, your bearing is screwed. if not, take off your rotors and knock off the rust; I bet that fixes the sound
no idea, but the sound is gone and the new bearing is installed. they tested it before, they put the car up in the air and let the wheels spin pressing the gas and the other person would put that tool what doctors use to check the heart beat in patients and you can hear a humming noise on the right wheel and not on the left.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by blownvert
I had to replace a tire and i was riding on my full spare and i thought that it was that noise because the rim is scuffed bad from accident so i thought it was making the noise. Anyway i got the brand new tire and the noise is still there. when i drive now as i increase speed it gets worse i hear this awful whirling howl noise from inside the car. i dont know seems like its coming from front but i cant tell. i got in accident months ago on left front fender and i had that same noise from what i remember and i got everything replaced the spindle/knuckle everything. now it seems something is back. does this have to do with anything with the engine because when its idling its fine as i increase above 30 i can hear the noise coming and if im on the highway cruising its loud road noise. Did i ruin my wheel alignment and need to get it realigned for driving on a flat to get to a gas station and i mean the tire was rubbing and totally flat. what is this problem? i dont want to take it to infiniti to pay for diagnosing problem because its hard to diagnose this.
I have the same whirring nose....it is the front wheel bearing and hub assembly that is most likely the problem.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
WTF! Dealers are telling me that the wheel bearing alone is ~$280 and ~$230 for the wheel hub assembly.

Last edited by gagnu; 07-16-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Smile Sympotms from the dealere bad wheel bearing...

Whats up guys... my friend works for the infinity dealer... I just got my G 35 2 weeks ago..and i kept hearing a low frequency sound described like a tire rubbing and metal slapping i guess. so I wanted to share my findings with this community to help out headaches...If you want to check in regards to this symptoms this is how the infinity dealer ship does it (my good friend) all you need a stethoscope $2.99 cheap ones. they raised the car and go on the back of the tires towards the braking system and attach a rubber tube that you can use to diagnose your problem (only if you are getting these symptoms) so anyways he puts the stethiscope on the back of the break back while its in drive.....and this is how the dealership find problems with your wheel baring...I know many of you savvy people are saying "well why dint you just try to tilt and put pressure on the tire....well the reason is because according to him some water will get in the bearing causing the grease to dry out and the metals to rub.... I will post pics soon....

- DJ EKUA

G 35 2004 Sedan AWD

Old 11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Just called the dealer about a front wheel hub assembly (includes bearing) for an 03 g35 sedan, quoted $211+tax and about an hour and 30min labor which is an additional $175+tax. So I will be buying this online and using the DIY video, will keep you guys posted!