Went to the Acura TL Forum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Honda/Acura need the following executive decisions made effective today:

1. RWD and/or AWD platforms on all Acuras

2. Bring back the S2000, or other RWD platform

3. A production V8 engine for the Acura RL and Honda's "Best truck of the year" Ridgeline and Pilot. LOL more HP than TQ in a "truck"? Give me a break.

4. Fire and replace the entire Honda/Acura design team, with a 10%+ unemployement rate, im sure they could find people to design cars that dont look like whales.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Honda died when they released the insight.... the year after they announced the s2k would not see the end of the next decade. But the insight did.

Honda shoots them self in the foot every year with their ****ty ideas. Not the ****ty cars, when they make a car right, it's amazing. They just need to start making them right again.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Acura makes some of the best handing FWDs on the market. They do rival some of the RWD platforms. Their SHW awd systems is one of the industry's finest.

Both are fine marks. To debate it is ridiculous.

If you have one guy driving a G35 and another a TL, it's pretty much up to the driver.

/thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How did I miss this thread

One of the reasons I got the G was because my boy wouldn't shut up bout his 04 TL A-spec goin on and on how he could take a E46 M-3 ? First day I got the G went to his house turned off VDC showed him my taillights.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Wanna know whats wrong with Honda? They made this.

Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
Honda/Acura need the following executive decisions made effective today:

1. RWD and/or AWD platforms on all Acuras

2. Bring back the S2000, or other RWD platform

3. A production V8 engine for the Acura RL and Honda's "Best truck of the year" Ridgeline and Pilot. LOL more HP than TQ in a "truck"? Give me a break.

4. Fire and replace the entire Honda/Acura design team, with a 10%+ unemployement rate, im sure they could find people to design cars that dont look like whales.
The Honda Ridgeline, ROFLMAO. That is all that needs to be said about that stupid thing.
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Acura makes some of the best handing FWDs on the market. They do rival some of the RWD platforms. Their SHW awd systems is one of the industry's finest.

If you have one guy driving a G35 and another a TL, it's pretty much up to the driver.

/thread
Well i must be an amazing driver then because every TL i have found, modded and stock, has only seen my taillight. Straight line and in the twisties when we do cruises. Can't keep up.

I like the 04-08 TLs style wise. I think its a good looking car. But i look at it, then look at a G and just say "why on earth would you get that when you could have the G?" I dont know, different strokes for different folks i guess lol

If i couldn't drive a G, i'd have a 3 series. Much better driving car then the TL IMO. I literally took a day and drove all these cars back to back and thats just what I came up with. G35 was the only one that came closest to the 3 and it was the most inexpensive car of the bunch with the most kit. TL was alright, but nothing like the 3 series.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

/thread
Honda can make excellent handling FWD cars, no doubt. It's too bad though because they do RWD so well. The last gen TL is sexy and if it were RWD, it would have been the car that dethroned the 3 series. Either Honda is too dumb to realize that they need a RWD platform for Acura or they're comfortable with serving a niche group of buyers that are still afraid of RWD.

As for a TL being as quick as the G, it really depends on the tranny. A 5AT TL is going to get smoked by a 5AT G. There's about a .7 second difference between the performance of 6MT TL and a 5AT TL. The 5AT TL-S fair quite a bit better, but still aren't as quick as a stock 5AT 1st gen G. 6MT to 6MT would be a wash assuming the TL owner get off the line decently.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
honest truth if 05 06 TLs were RwD. I wouldnt be here now.
They might be slower, but love how they look when slammed on rims.
Interior shyts on the 1st gen g35s too. in everyway. lol

Old 08-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Dave, I think Acura is tackling the problem of 300hp+ on their platorms with their SHAWD system vs developing a dedicated RWD for their TL line. Maybe in the next chassis go around?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^I agree with Dave. Even though I've never ran a TL, or driven a 6MT G... but from what I've heard, mastering the launch on a G is not the easiest thing in the world because of the clutch... but then again, getting the launch right on ANY fwd/mt car is tricky.
So yeah, I can see that being a driver's race.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^I agree with Dave. Even though I've never ran a TL, or driven a 6MT G... but from what I've heard, mastering the launch on a G is not the easiest thing in the world because of the clutch... but then again, getting the launch right on ANY fwd/mt car is tricky.
So yeah, I can see that being a driver's race.
not at all bro, There is a really big difference in Gs speed vs TLs speed. Talking from experience. as long as ur not missing a gear in ur 6mt. U can out run bolton Tls with a stock 6mt G

About them not being able to solve their 300+fwd issue. Is one of the main reason they need to Join the RWD club. As long as They're putting 300hp engine on top of the Front wheels on stock forum, They will experience Tranny Issues. Unless they make it bullet proof lol
Toyota FWD- Lexus RWD. Nissan FWD- Infiniti RWD. Honda FWD- Acura FWD... WHy?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Crosstour LOL!!!! Bahahhahahaahaa

Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Well, I can't speak from direct experience on those exact cars... but racing MT cars is always more of a driver's race. I've seen cars that should absolutely not lose, get smoked because the driver didn't know how to race MT or botched the launch.
Case in point, a friend of mine smoked a 350z with his MURANO several times, because the z driver couldn't drive worth a crap and the Murano, with it's CVT, requires zero skill to drive.
Obviously, if the guy in the 350 were any good, it would easily best the Murano with the same engine but 12,000 extra tons
I wish I had a chance to drive a MT G35... it's been 1yr and 10 months since I've driven a manual.... now I'm sad

Old 08-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Traction might be a problem but torque steer on a fwd can be almost elminated by a good LSD and by making the axles the same length.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Dave, I think Acura is tackling the problem of 300hp+ on their platorms with their SHAWD system vs developing a dedicated RWD for their TL line. Maybe in the next chassis go around?
That SHAWD system and their fancy torque shifting LSD are great ways to reduce and/or eliminate the understeering tendencies of a nose-heavy FWD based car, but IMO it's still a bandaid. That would be great if Honda is considering RWD this go around for the TL/RL/SUV market because they need it badly and they need to stop relying on the Accord chassis as the one-size fits all solution. The Accord chassis needs to serve Honda and a new RWD chassis needs to serve Acura. Much like what Nissan did with the Altima/Maxima FWD/AWD chassis and the FM RWD/AWD chassis. When people think of entry level sports sedans, they often think of the following cars:

3-series
G-series
C-class

Sometimes people think of Audi's A4 and the Lexus IS, but almost never do they think of the TL. It's in it's own market. Maybe that's what they want. It's funny, in Kansas City there are tons of TLs and few Gs. When you see Gs, they're almost always X's. When I lived in Atlanta, it was completely opposite. Here in the Kansas City, people are still so afraid to drive RWD even though we rarely have more than 3" of snow on the roads at one time and rarely get more than 24" of snow over the course of the 3 month winter. People are silly.

If Acura decides to go RWD, then all their designers need to be fired ASAP because their current styling is horrendous except for that weird sporty yet pointless SUV thing they recently came out with.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^The ZDX is hideous to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went to the Acura TL Forum...