G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Thinking of buying an OEM front lip but is it stupid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a lowered X... no lip. Only reason I haven't gotten one is I am not sure I like the look. They remind me of all the toyotas that have stock lips... corrola/camry, etc.

I like how it looks on Wannabe6MT's G... maybe it just doesn't work on IP? hmm...

I am in northeast Iowa.. so same boat with the snow. This year I will have a set of Blizzak WS60's though, which will help. Dubuque is hilly.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just get the lip. I have a lowered x and I live in northeast, ground clearance is still reasonable and its made out of strong oem polyurethane material. My lip actually took a direct hit from a shredded steel belted truck tire, besides paint scratches, the lip remained intact.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
You guys are a bunch of panzys. I have a lip, on my RWD sedan, that is lowered, in MINNESOTA and once i had my 17s on the car moved just fine in the snow. It isnt any lower than a normal stock bumper. its just an extension.

You are all lifted 4X4s with AWD and your worried about plowing snow??? Dont sweat it, your car will be exactly the same. Buy lips now while you CAN. Dont hold off and fret about snow issues. Live in the moment and see how it does when you get into some snow.

But im telling you know, your not going to notice it.
+1...it's not any lower, the lowest part of the car is still that rubber piece under the front bumper that is set back.