G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I did it! I did it! I did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I did it! I did it! I did it!

I only heard a difference (pre-Z tube) with the K&N with my hood up and revving the engine...I heard the whoosh of the air going in, but it wasn't noticeable while driving. Now, with the Z tube...that's a different story! ;-) The Z tube/K&N filter combo has a very nice mean growl over 3,500 rpm...very noticeable and very addictive ;-)

I'm not sure about the dust with the k&N, except that K&N has always been known as "the high performance" air filter co. (and they make other things too); it's guaranteed and I'm certainly not worried about it. I've heard about people going 50k mi. without cleaning their K&N; I think you're supposed to gently wack out the dust and dirt every so often and clean it with the oil filter kit after so many miles. I only have 3k mi. on my car now, so I have a long way to go before even checking it.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-28-2004, 04:57 PM

hehe agreed the wooosh is very addicting...my friend loves to just blip the throttle to get the sucking noise...makes the car do a little backfire kinda thing too...where the exhaust burbles...

Old 07-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I drove my 2004 Diamond Graphite G35x home yesterday. I would have posted earlier, but I just got out of the car. I slept in it last night. I think my my is going to think I'm having an affair with my G! So far, I am so pleased with this car. Granted, I've only owned it for two days, but already I can tell this is a car that is well-built, high performing, and elegant to people besides me. The G has a smooth sophistication, and unlying current of power, an elegance only Shakespeare could describe, and evokes emotions only Van Gogh could illustrate.

A couple issues I have noticed. My ride back home after picking up the car was about an hour and a half. About a quarter of the way into my return my back got pretty sore. I played with the lumbar adjustment and the other seat adjustments, and it got a little better. Maybe I just need to get use to the seat.

As the salesguy was explaining all the stuff about the car, I asked him about proper break-in procedures. He said there were none...just go out and drive and have fun! Is this true? I haven't had a chance to read the owner's manual, yet.

At first I didn't like the interior of the G that much...it was the exterior that caught my attention. But after driving at night, I think the interior is damn cool! Not as nice as the TL's interior, but I'm beginning to like the G's interior.

I also noticed the bass is quite boomy. I had to set the base to -3 to make it even listenable. But I guess everyone has different tastes.

My first modifications to the car will be a clear bra and window tinting. My last car (a bright silver color) had 20% tinting, but I'm thinking that might be too dark for this graphite exterior. I'd appreciate any feedback from those who have DG regarding what tint they went with and how they like it.

Right now I'm going to my nearest auto store to get new cleaning mitts and cotton towels so I can begin my day-long detailing! Work was never so fun!

Life is good! Damn good!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by fotodad on 07/30/04 09:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, I hope you're kidding about having slept in it, it will smell like a locker room before long! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 07-30-2004, 11:56 AM

I share your enthusiasm for the G! I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and I can't stop thinking about it. My wife thinks I need help. Anyway, I also had lower back pain after my first road trip (2+ hours), but was able to solve the problem by playing around with the lumbar support. Hopefully, you'll have similar results.

Good luck, and enjoy the car!

Old 07-30-2004, 01:58 PM

Either your salesman never ever read the manual, or he doesn't car. The break in procedures are located in your manual. Whether people should follow it is up to debate.

Search the thread, you have people following the rules to people going all out. Until people see solid numbers regarding the effects of breaking in your engine, you won't be the last one looking for answers......

Old 07-30-2004, 02:09 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I slept in it last night. I think my my is going to think I'm having an affair with my G!

<hr></blockquote>

Lol! Another case of G fever....[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

2K4 G35x/ etc...

Old 08-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the K&N filter will only cause a noticeable difference at 150k plus miles. Yes you will see more engine wear because of increase particles and sand. I run a K&N filter in my G and my Jeep in Arizona where there is tons of sand and dirt. I do have to clean my K&N more frequently then suggested (every 7-10k miles). I have run K&N panel and cone filters religiously for about 10 years now on Nissans, Jeeps, Mercurys and a Ford with no problems. The most miles I had on any one of those was 188 k on a Jeep inline 6 with good compression (within stock tolerances). I can't say if there was any bearing wear. I imagine there was but it did not affect the engine.

My K&N's have seen 150k miles or more on 4 vehicles with no adverse effects

Yes I drive alot. My 2003 G has 40k miles, my 2002 Jeep has 35k miles.

Better Life thru Chemistry
Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Goodyear F1 GS-D3's 225/55/17, Custom Intake Tube, '03 "Z" Suspension, Magnaflow resonator, 6 Wire 4 Guage Grounding Kit

Old 08-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Premier Member

Well, I don't agree to your statement that there would be more engine wear with a K&N. It might flow better, but it also filters good with oil. As long as you change your oil often, with good oil like Mobil 1 or Amsoil, you will not have any additional wear issues to worry about.

2004 Infiniti G35S, 6MT, Premium, Sport, DP
Mods: JDM Clears, 20% tint, Z-tube, Stilen CAI
Track: 14.32 at 98.79 mph 2.2032 60ft
Dyno 07-07-04 - 234.2 hp & 233.8 tq
http://www.g35world.com

Old 08-02-2004, 01:13 PM

If Ztube is installed in the car, does it void the warranty on the car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.