2004 Infiniti G35S, 6MT, Premium, Sport, DP
Mods: JDM Clears, 20% tint, Z-tube, Stilen CAI
Track: 14.32 at 98.79 mph 2.2032 60ft
Dyno 07-07-04 - 234.2 hp & 233.8 tq
http://www.g35world.com

Old 08-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dyno Results

Exactly what it's supposed to be...14 or so down low and 12.8 up high in the RPMs.

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
02 Maxima SE 4AT 14.5 @ 95
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 08-02-2004, 01:34 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your numbers are making me more jealous :/ LOL Can someone touch up my graph without all of my info on it? And why is everyones torque lower than the HP but mines higher and by a lot?? Also even on my first run it was 237 hp and 244 torque still higher and crazy numbers for my car with just an intake!! Damm im suppose to be going back to this place wednesday, waht are some things i should ask him, tell him or bring? (Ice, better graph?) Damm guys, i hope im pulling out alot higher numbers rite now, this 221 hp sucks! I like 237 a lot better lol.
This should be the OFFICIAL dyno thread for Boss,SoCalted,THX,and iLLG =) .. Even though i dont have as much as you guys i would still wanna compare from my after dyno to see what the exhaust might have done, plenum and etc. Anyway im going to try and find a dynojet place today, if not i'll still go back i really wanna know what im getting.. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 08-02-2004, 01:42 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Boss using your calculation, the 1.23 for autos i got 272.4 hp and 283.3 torque from my baseline, i guess that is a much more realistic number than 237 and 244 at the wheels but my car alwasy felt strong compared to other cars ive driven and g35's, i dunno though, w/e!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM

Martin,

Your dyno numbers don't add up...the only thing I can think of is that there software takes your torque spike (mine was over 240) and smooths out a line all the way over to the end of the torque curve b/c that would make it higher...Your car is an Auto right?????

Other than that your HP is low, but normal...and if you have an auto Sedan with only a CAI...that number is fine...nothing to worry about.

Exhaust and an intake are all good, with the TS ECU reflash and Grounding Gear/Pulley, etc...for about 30 RWHP at the very most. I am sure you read that depressing, but veyr honest post, on what you get for what you spend, but if your car makes you happy, 30 more RWHP will make you even happier.

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 08-02-2004, 01:59 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

So why would they give me out of all of the runs this dyno sheet? i just dont get it and im getting pissed again lol.. And you said exhaust and intake are ok, but ts reflash grounding gear and pullies what? The only thing i dont have is the TS Ecu, you said my car will get about 30 from my mods? or did i misread cause i doubt that, you know what forget all of this. Im just gonna get it dyno'd and stop guesstimating and see what i really gained, but the only thing that makes me mad is the weird baseline and un correct numbers!! Now i dont know exactly how much i gained and wont have an accurate reading.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 08-02-2004, 03:04 PM

God only knows why they gave you what they did and why they did what they did...I would just nicely ask them.

What I am saying is that with every Mod you can do, minus a blower or a turbo, your max RWHP is never going to exceed 250 unless you have an extra special car.

Right now wiht what you have you should be in the high 230 range on HP and high 220 rang on Trq...otherwise something isn't adding up...but don't get mad till you dyno it, and if posssible, don't dyno it at the same place.

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 08-02-2004, 04:43 PM
G Kreuzer

John (BossSHO),
I've got the sytem down pretty good after doing so many Dyno analysis using Photoshop.

Again, your AF curve is text book perfect. Tail pipe sampling point is typically 0.8 higher than pre-cat location. That'd put you at ~13.3 at redline ... which I think is actually quite good. You couldn't pay me to make further changes if that was my car For those interested, I've attached Boss' AF to this post.

iLLG35,
Welcome to the wonderful world of dyno induced paranoia. While, dynos is a good tool when used properly. Rreading overly into these charts is not always the wisest thing to do. Just take it as a 2nd opinnion and not lose sleep over it.

Again, until you find a DynoJet to better compare the numbers to others ... your result is inconclusive, although they looked to be about what one would expect from a 5AT sedan with your mods. Also, as mentioned before ... toss the 240 ft-lbs. of Trq figure in the can (sorry!), because it was most definitely a trq converter slippage. The VQ engine simply do not make more Trq than Hp w. simple bolt-on mods. At best, peak Torque = peak Horsepower.

Cheers,

Clint (THX723)

314927-Boss AF.JPG

Old 08-02-2004, 04:47 PM

If we had an "I'm with stupid" icon I could insert this would call for it b/c I couldn't have said that better myself! ;-)

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 08-02-2004, 05:27 PM
G Kreuzer

Martin,
Here's to make you feel better
I went ahead against good judgement (for the sake of accuracy) and did the photochop on your plot as well. You can clearly note the ambiguity of the low resolution/detail of your original plot.

A few things I've noticed after the analysis. The slope denoted by the red circle suggests T.C. slippage. It is also very obvious the dyno tech shut her down before your engine made peak power. I've penciled in what it might have looked like for the next 700rpm. Did you mention the shop only had the dyno for 2 wks??? ... if so, I wouldn't be too far out of line for me to suggest they are still quite inexperienced w. their equipment.

Now, before you get too excited and spend all your money at the candy store, don't forget this is NOT of a DynoJet number, so the reality may be far from the pic would have suggested. In fact, if memory serves me correctly ... Mustang Dyno (like Dyna Packs) gives higher number than DynoJets.

Hope that helps,

Clint (THX723)<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by THX723 on 08/02/04 02:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-02-2004, 07:10 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Ok now, to clarify and ask a few questions!! Well from the graph and my inexperience with them, the graph you said you chalked is very confusing lol, as i could see you estimated and it went up with 700rpm more like i would think, what else could you add? That my numbers would be higher? My torque on every run was higher than the HP, i wonder why.
Now, i just talked to the guy and explained everything i questioned about the dyno and that a few of you people explained to me, he said hes getting a new experienced person in to be dynoing cars, they had it working 2 days before i got mine done so it was brand new to them!! Thats not good, but anyway he said he was sorry and will take a look at it, he had his workers doing the dynoing and he wasnt there for any of it. He said they did a MPH dyno or something like that and also that Mustang dyno's are more accurate than "high ego" dyno jet's and dyna packs for their higher output numbers!! Now im even more confused LOL!!! He said we would figure everything out when i go there, but now i dont even want to. They seem and are so unexperienced but he said a new guy they are getting just for dyno's so i guess i'll give it a try.Any suggestions? Anything i can ask them that you guys would question? Thanks a lot. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 08-02-2004, 08:56 PM
G Kreuzer

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

... Well from the graph and my inexperience with them, the graph you said you chalked is very confusing lol, as i could see you estimated and it went up with 700rpm more like i would think, what else could you add?

<hr></blockquote>The reason why your graph looked the way it did was because it's missing a large chunk beyond 5700rpm. I simply penciled in the missing part to what I think it would have looked like.

My torque on every run was higher than the HP, i wonder why.

<hr></blockquote>Again Martin, the higher Torque number (compare to Hp) you're getting is the AT torque converter slipping (see the red circle). It's nothing to do with the dyno other than how you apply the throttle during the dyno run. You can't just stomp on gas of an AT car and expect a solid line like the MTs. It takes some trial and error to get this done properly, which is where an experience dyno tech would have come in handy and figured it out in a matter of seconds.

He said they did a MPH dyno or something like that and also that Mustang dyno's are more accurate than "high ego" dyno jet's and dyna packs for their higher output numbers!!

<hr></blockquote>We won't go into which is better here other than the simple fact that 90% of the people on the forum uses DynoJet. So, if you want to compare apple to apple then you better stick with a DynoJet.

They seem and are so unexperienced but he said a new guy they are getting just for dyno's so i guess i'll give it a try.Any suggestions?

<hr></blockquote>Time to find a reputable DynoJet place w. an experienced tech and be done with it

Clint (THX723)

Old 08-02-2004, 09:49 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

I guess that's a good way to some that up. From my dyno, how accurate do you find it? Do you think it would be lower or higher for both, or around equal int he mid 220's for both? Thanks again for the info, im gonna try and find a dynojet dyno tomorrow, hopefully i can find a place. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..