G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

rookie bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009 | 12:01 AM
|
rookie bumper

anyone running just the rookie bumper without sides/rear? I know a rear is tough to find for the 06's...

curious to know opinions on having just the front bumper on without the complete kit

Old 08-21-2009 | 12:46 AM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
The front bumper looks good by itself IMO, it hangs just a bit lower than the sides. To really complete the look though the sides are a must since they line up with the front perfectly. As long as you are running rear splash guards the rear will look fine. There isn't a rookie rear (yet).

Here are a few of shots with the front bumper with and without the sides:

Stock sides

Nisrookie sides

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 08-21-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2009 | 01:40 AM
damn Marcus, stop showing off your car...
I am so envy. Your car is one of the Gs that already on my screensaver.

Old 08-21-2009 | 02:55 AM
I just went wit de bumper .... Low Low gotta be super careful

Attached Thumbnails rookie bumper-dscf6611.jpg   rookie bumper-dscf6598.jpg   rookie bumper-dscf6575.jpg  
Old 08-21-2009 | 09:57 AM
|
appreciate the responses...lookin good

butkiss you runnin stock height?

Old 08-21-2009 | 11:39 AM
Just be prepared to have a professional fit the bumper as the tolerances are NOTHING like OEM and many edges are very rough. Also, don't expect it to last if it's impacted by anything weighing more than a few ounces. I've seen one of these bumpers and it's no wonder they shatter when impacted. Some spots are really thin. It's a great looking bumper, but be aware of it's flaws. I don't think anyone has really pointed this out yet among the many Rookie threads.

*I can already sense the tongue-lashing that is going to ensue from the Socal group*

Last edited by DaveB; 08-21-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2009 | 12:09 PM
|
thinkin' the same thing reference the tongue lashing haha, but thanks for the opinion

Old 08-21-2009 | 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Just be prepared to have a professional fit the bumper as the tolerances are NOTHING like OEM and many edges are very rough. Also, don't expect it to last if it's impacted by anything weighing more than a few ounces. I've seen one of these bumpers and it's no wonder they shatter when impacted. Some spots are really thin. It's a great looking bumper, but be aware of it's flaws. I don't think anyone has really pointed this out yet among the many Rookie threads.

because it’s not true... many of us have had incidents with this bumper and trust me it takes a beating and holds up well - but there obviously limits (and the limit isn’t a few ounces )... Viet is running a version of this bumper on his FX – he has traveled hundreds and in some cases well over a thousand miles to big car shows then ends up winning! I can’t fathom how something like that can happen with a cheap flimsy bumper...

I don’t know who's bumper you looked at, but mine doesn’t have any "thin spots" and the fitment was spot on... there was minor gap on the side markers but I was the beta test so its to be expected - now that I have modified the bumper one area is slightly less than perfect (but that is after recent fender flare and not many people would notice)... All the others that I have seen (far more than you have) are perfect fitment and I've never seen rough edges.

I'm very curious to know whose bumper you are referring to?

Old 08-21-2009 | 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB

*I can already sense the tongue-lashing that is going to ensue from the Socal group*
Why would you think only So Cal would give their “first hand experience”?... These bumpers are all over the country – and even in other countries (Canada and I think even Australia?)

Don’t you think if it had all the problems you mention there would be boatloads of complaints on the forum? Instead, there are tons of praise and requests.

As usual – you post garbage without any first hand experience and dismiss all the information given by people that actually have experience in the subject.

There’s your tongue lashing – but its really more of a warning to others to be careful about the info you post – especially regarding things you’ve never used yourself.

Old 08-21-2009 | 03:27 PM
ill Sedan
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
My fitment is dead on. I actually got a ton of questions/compliments from Coupe owners asking how my "kuruma" fit so well compared to theirs. Bumper is very high quality. I've hit a few things on the freeway and it didn't "shatter" has held up very well.

Old 08-21-2009 | 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
I'm starting to like the Kurookie bumper more and more now... I think the emblemless grill helps make it fit in more...

Old 08-21-2009 | 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
I'm starting to like the Kurookie bumper more and more now... I think the emblemless grill helps make it fit in more...
+1 looks much better than the nismo, but i'm modding on a budget so stillen lip for me it is

Old 08-21-2009 | 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Why would you think only So Cal would give their “first hand experience”?... These bumpers are all over the country – and even in other countries (Canada and I think even Australia?)

Don’t you think if it had all the problems you mention there would be boatloads of complaints on the forum? Instead, there are tons of praise and requests.

As usual – you post garbage without any first hand experience and dismiss all the information given by people that actually have experience in the subject.

There’s your tongue lashing – but its really more of a warning to others to be careful about the info you post – especially regarding things you’ve never used yourself.
I could post a whole slew of pictures (27 to be exact) proving you're wrong. I'll let ClearBra_Guy post up his pictures and experiences, if he so chooses. I don't want to link his site without his permission nor bring him into this. He's an expert auto body guy and luckily for him, he has the skill to give this bumper some love plus he's doing some other modifications to it. The workmanship of his bumper is pretty poor. You probably didn't notice any of these issues because you had a shop do all the prep and paint. There are portions of his bumper that are very very thin, edges that are extremely rough, and chips from mold removal (not due to shipping).

Once again, you don't have to own a particular thing to know that it's cheap or doesn't work as advertized. You know, as well as I, that the infamous Tornado intake is a joke.

Last edited by DaveB; 08-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2009 | 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by brettb21686
appreciate the responses...lookin good

butkiss you runnin stock height?
naw, 350z Suspension , dropped just over an inch , bumper is still way low . gettin My coils soon,gonna have 2 man up, and slam it,but as a 40 year old . a slammed car is not to practical. as a daily driver. i was with 4 doormadness/greatness when he ripped his entire Stillen gen 2 exhaust off in an steep driveway. 40 is 2 old to be dealing wit dat *hit

Old 08-21-2009 | 05:39 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
That's a clean height.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rookie bumper