G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

rookie bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009 | 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by sammy_G
wtf? just post the pics! the fact that you won't post them speaks volumes
Why I won't post pics has already been stated twice now. The pictures are on his photography website and privately linked. I also don't want to bring him into this thread unless he really wants to be a part of it.

If the pictures do get posted, I wonder what certain people will say when they see them and I wonder if they'll appologize for the trash talking. I doubt it. The attacks against my credibility will continue.

Last edited by DaveB; 08-23-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2009 | 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Viet makes it very clear that professional prep and fitment is suggested… the thing doesn’t come painted so you need a shop anyway...
So which is it? Does it fit perfectly or does it need professional prep and fitment? The bumper I've seen will definitely require professional prep and fitment and 99.9% of the people on this site wouldn't be capable of it. The bumper won't just require a little filler here and there.

if you ever come across his posts about performance mods its the same thing... if he doesn’t have it on his car, its no good.

Funny enough, the majority of people using this bumper are wayyyy more into modifying their cars than he is - and most have done a LOT more than he has... yet just like many of his other posts, he seems to have an "expert/experienced" opinion.

Just another example of him posting while clueless.
Two words: Broken record

Old 08-23-2009 | 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Why I won't post pics has already been stated twice now. The pictures are on his photography website and privately linked. I also don't want to bring him into this thread unless he really wants to be a part of it.

If the pictures do get posted, I wonder what certain people will say when they see them and I wonder if they'll appologize for the trash talking. I doubt it. The attacks against my credibility will continue.
you realize everytime you say that you make less and less sense?

why would a photographer take pictures of a g35 bumper and not want to share them with the g35 online community?

just post one. I'm sure he won't mind.

Old 08-23-2009 | 03:17 PM
Don’t bother trying to use common sense with the guy Sammy... somehow he feels that making blanket statements about something with ZERO proof or experience with it everyone should pay attention and take his word.

---------------------------------------------------

Dave - no one is going to apologize to you for anything because we have all posted countless of pics of our bumpers (many are close up and many are before installation) and none of us have the problems you profess - however, you come out here making statements about ONE bumper that you cant even back up with pictures.

Did the guy get a bad bumper? Maybe?.. but who the hell would know since all you do is "Say" its bad.

You still make ZERO sense by making the general statement that this is a fragile and miss-fitting bumper - show me the posts about complaints... I'll show you dozens of posts from satisfied people... Oh wait; all the people that use certain mods that you don’t agree with are too stupid to realize they are no good (I keep forgetting that DaveB logic )

Old 08-23-2009 | 03:19 PM
classic... LOL

Old 08-23-2009 | 03:57 PM
Dave B FTMFL

Old 08-23-2009 | 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Dave - no one is going to apologize to you for anything.....
I would expect nothing less from you and most of your posse.

I hope Eric does let me post his pics because photos have great resolution and clearly show how "raw" the bumper is, as he says.

Old 08-23-2009 | 05:04 PM
“my posse”?… you are delusional as usual… I only know a small few of the people that have been posting in here – Sammy and Marcus are the only two I even know in person and have met Mark once… this isn’t a group of friends ganging up on you Dave – it’s a bunch of people that are way more familiar with the bumper than you are telling you how wrong you are.

I hope Eric does let me post his pics because photos have great resolution and clearly show how "raw" the bumper is, as he says.
Wait minute… now it’s “Eric” that is saying the bumper is no good?… all this time you have been posting as if you have first hand knowledge – now you’re passing it off to someone else?…. brilliant

Old 08-23-2009 | 05:10 PM
So which is it? Does it fit perfectly or does it need professional prep and fitment? The bumper I've seen will definitely require professional prep and fitment and 99.9% of the people on this site wouldn't be capable of it. The bumper won't just require a little filler here and there.
it requires prep because it comes unpainted genius... most people that care about their car have it professionally painted (not ghetto blasted like you do your car).

"Fitment" as in it requires new mounting points (other than OEM) and you need to rivet the side markers – in some cases very minor finagling… not is in it "doesn’t fit" (several people have had theirs painted and installed on their own)... and where in the world do you get the idea that it needs body filler????

You truly are one of the most clueless people I have ever dealt with on any forum... just plain CLUELESS.

Old 08-23-2009 | 07:17 PM

i dont know what resolution has to do with this.

it could be 300dpi
or even 72dpi
it doesnt mean shi!t on the internet.
color and pixels are nothing on screen.
why even bring up resolution into the story?
higher resolution is just best for printing.
u can slap a 300dpi resolution on the internet and nothing happens.
i think you're just bullsh!tting because u dont know for a fact what you're talking about.
if i were you, take a deep breath and just walk away from the forum, because i think you're going to get flamed hard.

1) u have no proof
2) all u do is talk
3) complains more than a girl
4) doesnt own the bumper
5) talk like u know what you're talking about

so im just telling u nicely, turn around and walk away. period.
people in here are car enthusiast and photographers, we know what we're talking about. u on the other hand, just some ordinary guy who doesnt know what is fact. the guy probably tried to do the bumper himself and f'ed up and doesnt know who to blame. mine have been on, and nothing happen, there's drivers who has this awesome bumper are driving daily in new york and doesnt have a problem. trust me when i tell u, new york is hard to drive, people tailgates u and just dont give a rats *** who u are. this is my knowledge, or hey! just get the bumper yourself and experiment and then get back to us.

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:04 PM
I want to see these pictures of the bumper! I would never put anything fiberglass on the front of my car anyway. Wait a year and I'm pretty sure we will see plenty of broken RoUgly bumpers.

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
I want to see these pictures of the bumper! I would never put anything fiberglass on the front of my car anyway. Wait a year and I'm pretty sure we will see plenty of broken RoUgly bumpers.
really??? Hmmm... mine has been on for over a year - many, many, many people make positive comments about my car (people I dont even know - random parking lot comments, neighborhood residents I dont even know...) I guess they like phucked up bumpers???

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:22 PM
I guess...

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:22 PM
hey not to get off topic but what kind of tires are you running and what are the specs?

1) It's a far away pic
2) You most likely had someone else do the prep and paint
3) Many of the flaws I see are with structural rigidity. Basically the bumper is woefully thin, especially as the form approaches and rounds corners.

Maybe you guys got nicely finished bumpers from the vendor, but honestly I don't see how your's would be much different from the one I've seen since they all come from the same mold.

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
hey not to get off topic but what kind of tires are you running and what are the specs?
I think you're asking the wrong guy... you quoted Dave - but its Viveks (4doorhotness) car in the pic... I think Dave has stockers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rookie bumper